The Real Buh

Will Ipswich Town go out of business?

It’s been a long held dream of mine that they will finally do the football world a favour and just simply disappear, allowing a more deserving club from the lower leagues to take their place. Given the financial situation the globe finds itself in will they finally do the right thing and go extinct?

Edited by The Real Buh
  • Like 1

Expecting a financial analyst’s answer? or is this a daily fail headline question like, ‘DOES CANCER CAUSE CRISPS?’, ‘CAN WE LOVE THE NHS IF IT’S FULL OF IMMIGRANTS?’ or ‘IS THIS THE VILEST NEWSPAPER IN BRITAIN?’?

Just now, GenerationA47 said:

Expecting a financial analyst’s answer? or is this a daily fail headline question like, ‘DOES CANCER CAUSE CRISPS?’, ‘CAN WE LOVE THE NHS IF IT’S FULL OF IMMIGRANTS?’ or ‘IS THIS THE VILEST NEWSPAPER IN BRITAIN?’?

....what?

1 minute ago, The Real Buh said:

....what?

...is kind of what I’m getting at in my post, regarding the thread.

The title is a question.

But there doesn’t seem to be an answer, or indeed any  clues towards getting one, either in your post or beyond.

What’s it all about, eh?

What a juvenile post!    As a proud city fan I love our club through thick and thin.    We don’t glory hunt I support the team I have affiliation with and I’m a ‘football’ supporter too.    Ipswich fans are the same, (better than supporting Man Utd or Chelsea or whoever just because they win).  They have passionate fans (football fans) too, they’re in a low now and our fans are basking in it, that’s how it is but don’t you think that’s far enough!   As our local rivals we have a history and necessarily a future of ups and downs, high and lows...

Exactly how is Ipswich’s demise doing the football world (or us their main rivals) a ‘favour’.     Be a football fan.   

• Like 4

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

I’d love to see them struggling against Wroxham with a last minute Holty winner

Personally i can never see Grant Holt playing for the Scum.

31 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

What a juvenile post!    As a proud city fan I love our club through thick and thin.    We don’t glory hunt I support the team I have affiliation with and I’m a ‘football’ supporter too.    Ipswich fans are the same, (better than supporting Man Utd or Chelsea or whoever just because they win).  They have passionate fans (football fans) too, they’re in a low now and our fans are basking in it, that’s how it is but don’t you think that’s far enough!   As our local rivals we have a history and necessarily a future of ups and downs, high and lows...

Exactly how is Ipswich’s demise doing the football world (or us their main rivals) a ‘favour’.     Be a football fan.   

Ipswich doing the right thing and deleting themselves gives another deserving team a shot in this league.

40 minutes ago, GenerationA47 said:

...is kind of what I’m getting at in my post, regarding the thread.

The title is a question.

But there doesn’t seem to be an answer, or indeed any  clues towards getting one, either in your post or beyond.

What’s it all about, eh?

Indeed

You'd suspect a club owned by an individual worth £760m wouldnt go bust and could bankroll them until such time as fans are allowed back in.

....other clubs in league one and two may not be so fortunate.

If next season is due start in September and the national coronavirus 'alert level' continues to fall and the social distancing distance of 2m is reduced,its certainly going to be interesting to see the pressure applied by football clubs ,particularly from the lower leagues,on the government to allow fans in to stadiums.

13 minutes ago, GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary said:

You'd suspect a club owned by an individual worth £760m wouldnt go bust and could bankroll them until such time as fans are allowed back in.

....other clubs in league one and two may not be so fortunate.

If next season is due start in September and the national coronavirus 'alert level' continues to fall and the social distancing distance of 2m is reduced,its certainly going to be interesting to see the pressure applied by football clubs ,particularly from the lower leagues,on the government to allow fans in to stadiums.

Is he worth that much though? That is the question...

Hopefuly. No, you know what.. That's pretty cruel.  I like having them around, at least to laugh at them

So no, not go out of bussness and fold. Get relegated to the national leauge, lose their stadium etc etc? Sure, would love that however

32 minutes ago, The Real Buh said:

Ipswich doing the right thing and deleting themselves gives another deserving team a shot in this league.

Real Buh.   If your going to post on here be big enough to reply to responses.   I called your post juvenile for a reason and I deleted the bit about you missing the playground banter since schools out but rather than actually respond to what was said you reverted to silliness again.   You just dug a bigger hole.     As suggested be a football fan.   Read you’re response again, that’s just a ridiculous thing to say!   

No they won't go bust. They owe around £100m to Evans and little or nothing to anyone else. If the club is liquidated he will lose £100m. If it keeps going he may find a buyer, although no one will pay anywhere near the amount he is owed

2 hours ago, GenerationA47 said:

Cancer cause crisps? What do you know that we don’t?

2 hours ago, The Real Buh said:

It’s been a long held dream of mine that they will finally do the football world a favour and just simply disappear, allowing a more deserving club from the lower leagues to take their place. Given the financial situation the globe finds itself in will they finally do the right thing and go extinct?

Football is about rivalries, what good is it without your local club to have banter with?

1 hour ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Real Buh.   If your going to post on here be big enough to reply to responses.   I called your post juvenile for a reason and I deleted the bit about you missing the playground banter since schools out but rather than actually respond to what was said you reverted to silliness again.   You just dug a bigger hole.     As suggested be a football fan.   Read you’re response again, that’s just a ridiculous thing to say!   

What’s going on with the space bar on your keyboard?

1 minute ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Football is about rivalries, what good is it without your local club to have banter with?

Kings Lynn. The real derby. That’s what I want. 

As has been mentioned, Clubs like us and them have real support (though I agree there's is embarrassingly small) and it actually means something to support a local unfashionable team rather than a team of millionaires owned by a distant multi billion pound company or regime. 

So no, I wouldn't want to see them go bits up completely. However, it is very funny watching them stumble from one s storm to another. Especially after their fiver waving antics a decade or so ago.

That they can't compete with us now is not really a source of  contentment or amusement as they are fast becoming irrelevant to us. And that is far worse a situation to find yourself in.

39 minutes ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

Cancer cause crisps? What do you know that we don’t?

Twas merely my little jest... disclaimer! none of the above are actual headlines.

Maybe I should add small print, or put a virtual hand up next time, a la Sheldon Cooper sarcasm warning 😉

Not bust OP.  I wouldn't wish that on any club, although the way things are at the moment if one falls then there could well be a domino effect.

As far as ITFC goes they probably have their fair share of decent supporters just like we do (hic!) and they wouldn't deserve that on top of all the misery that they have been through in recent years/ decades.

As far as Marcus Evans goes, I have previously made the point that his company's income must be getting a big hit at the moment with the cessation of so-called "hospitality." worldwide. He's had neither the Euros nor the proposed Olympics to feed off this year for a starters.

His company is big and he employs a lot of people. He probably has other irons in the fire, however, so he should survive and along with him his illustrious football club.

They (the supporters) had better keep an eye on that training ground though. I don't  think that it benefits from the caveats that the actual ground that those weed infested stands sit upon does.

One things for sure... his purse strings are likely to be pulled even tighter when PaulLambert comes begging for more transfer money.

As a blue myself I see no logic in this, I'm the first to admit we are currently bloody awful and if we played you tomorrow we would be lucky to lose by at least 3 goals, the point is though that we all love a local Derby, first game we all look for (when we're in the same division) and whilst we both loath each other I would never want yourselves, or any team to go belly up! 

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Darren Dorling said:

As a blue myself I see no logic in this, I'm the first to admit we are currently bloody awful and if we played you tomorrow we would be lucky to lose by at least 3 goals, the point is though that we all love a local Derby, first game we all look for (when we're in the same division) and whilst we both loath each other I would never want yourselves, or any team to go belly up! 

I love a local derby as well.

With Kings Lynn

I hope you go out of business, you are taking up a spot for someone else more deserving.

13 minutes ago, Darren Dorling said:

I personally hate the derbies..even though we havent lost one for 11? (I lose count) years. Wouldnt care if we never played one again...nor would I care if I never had to set foot in Ipswich again in my lifetime, I've certainly never had to go there for any reason other than football.

I wouldnt want ipswich to fold per se....just maybe have to work their way back up from the bottom of the local leagues i.e AFC Wimbledon...

23 minutes ago, Darren Dorling said:

To a certain extent your club will be forced to rely upon their youngsters even more.You need to hope that some of them are as good as they are made out to be, but don't put much trust in Lambert's bullshine, evaluate for yourself.

This need not be too bad, it is always nicer to eat homegrown than that off the supermarket shelf and a team packed with your own yields a pleasure of it's own.

In a way City are aspiring to such a policy with their self-sustaining stance ..... the difference being that, because of our current status, we can spend £1/2m on a youngster who rises above as a good prospect.

I am not trying to be the superior one here because there are risks involved which are not just financial and just because we did well with Maddison does not necessarily mean that we can repeat the feat.

Edited by BroadstairsR

C'mon chaps... be polite.

He didn't come on here looking for trouble and therefore deserves respect.

I too love a local derby. It's a game apart. Always has been, always will be.  

Losing one though is akin to having a tooth pulled by El Dentista (ref: "Queen of the South" again.)

1 hour ago, Darren Dorling said:

Wouldn’t bother with this thread mate!   The op ain’t no football fan and certainly doesn’t represent me or decent City fans.  

30 minutes ago, ged in the onion bag said:

Wouldn’t bother with this thread mate!   The op ain’t no football fan and certainly doesn’t represent me or decent City fans.  

Your posts don’t make sense. I don’t know why you are mad at me.