Sign in to follow this  
lake district canary

21 games since Wednesday - only 3 home wins

Very clear that out of 21 league games since Wednesday, only 3 home wins suggests that playing at home loses it's advantage without fans there. Doesn't help mitigate our performance yesterday, but does at least prove that maybe fans do affect outcomes of games.  Strange times and maybe we should not vent too much anger at the club when fans are not there to help them over the line.

2 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Very clear that out of 21 league games since Wednesday, only 3 home wins suggests that playing at home loses it's advantage without fans there. Doesn't help mitigate our performance yesterday, but does at least prove that maybe fans do affect outcomes of games.  Strange times and maybe we should not vent too much anger at the club when fans are not there to help them over the line.

No sh*te Sherlock. 

Edited by City fan
Spelling

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Tales of the Unexpected with Roald Dahl - 10mh.net....."Tales of the Blatantly Obvious"......
  • Haha 1

Imagine if Carrow Road was full of supporters after that performance on Friday night. Imagine the boos and feeling of frustration. You’d hear the criticism and sense the disappointment  

The players and staff won’t have felt any of that and it concerns me. Yes, they will be disappointed as they are professionals. But they won’t have felt the passion from the fans. 

Clearly there will be no mechanism for the club to hear the fans views on the performance like there would be with packed stadiums. 

I wonder if the home advantage was ever about familiarity, lack of travel time... or maybe it was only ever an aversion to getting berated by your own fans?

Well considering we’ve only won 4 home games from 15 I’d say the crowd really doesn’t help that much this season?

Edited by Indy

49 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

We will get the points needed to survive from our away matches then. 

11 hours ago, lake district canary said:

I definitely agree it’s obviously not helping the home teams only one won in championship, the away teams seemed to be taking advantage of this Bournemouth were very much like us lost without the home support just hope the next game they will be a bit more used to it 

Yeah I think home and away is going to be fairly irrelevant Lakey.

However, it just so happens our more winnable fixtures are at home 

50 minutes ago, Yellowhammer said:

I definitely agree it’s obviously not helping the home teams only one won in championship, the away teams seemed to be taking advantage of this Bournemouth were very much like us lost without the home support just hope the next game they will be a bit more used to it 

Yes, I was thinking that having had one game under the strained circumstances, the players now know what to expect and how to deal with it - and that should help us.  For me it was like a first game of the season - you always get unusual results - and that it will be better from here on in.

27 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah I think home and away is going to be fairly irrelevant Lakey.

However, it just so happens our more winnable fixtures are at home 

I've not been totally sure why people think those games are more winnable. 

We've generally performed better against teams near the top of the league. Playing teams like Southampton and Burnley has been where we've struggled.

7 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yes, I was thinking that having had one game under the strained circumstances, the players now know what to expect and how to deal with it - and that should help us.  For me it was like a first game of the season - you always get unusual results - and that it will be better from here on in.

It really couldn't get a great deal worse. That bar is very low, so it had better be a damn sight better!

4 minutes ago, king canary said:

I've not been totally sure why people think those games are more winnable. 

We've generally performed better against teams near the top of the league. Playing teams like Southampton and Burnley has been where we've struggled.

True, but actually its more helpful in our position to take the points from those around us. I mean in reality let's be honest its almost a moot point at this stage..