Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

Why does everyone think our young 'talent' will be sold?

I can see Aarons, Lewis, Cantwell, Beundia and Godfrey all wanting out.

They are young, talented and ambitious and their current Club cannot match or deliver their ambition.

They have now had one season of PL experience and they will want more of that and they know that they are unlikely to get it anytime soon by staying here.

They will not want to play in the Championship next season because they will see that as a backward step in their career progression.

They will want to push on and move to a Club with a different outlook where they will stand more chance of winning something and  playing regularly for their respective Countries at International level.

There will be plenty of PL clubs who will be willing to take them on in the belief that they can develop them further.

Although not in "the young" category, Pukki will be off too. At his age he won't have many years left in the top flight.

And we will happily sell all of them if the prices offered are anywhere near realistic.

I don't see any of them going for more than £25m and probably quite a bit less in most cases.

However, those 6 players could realize between £75m and £100m and that would probably be seen as a good deal by "the majority shareholder"

We will sell one or two. I know some on here like to paint some false overly negative picture because, presumably it helps them cope or something. 

• Like 1