That's about it.

6 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Positives:

No VAR next season
Agree with Ricardo that Lewis did okay
We're not in League One with £100m of debt

That's about it.

agree

this was always going to be a long term project - and to be honest we did seem to get promoted ahead of time, if that makes sense

unlike last time I do not see us coming down with an unsustainable wage bill and players who want to be elsewhere ,.................but elsewhere doesn't want them

and if it means swapping last nights football for what we had the season before then that's nor problem for me

and if it means watching players like Idah and Martin step up then great

it's the football not the 'experience' for me

1 minute ago, Bill said:

agree

this was always going to be a long term project - and to be honest we did seem to get promoted ahead of time, if that makes sense

unlike last time I do not see us coming down with an unsustainable wage bill and players who want to be elsewhere ,.................but elsewhere doesn't want them

and if it means swapping last nights football for what we had the season before then that's nor problem for me

and if it means watching players like Idah and Martin step up then great

it's the football not the 'experience' for me

I've read some pretty reasonable and well-argued posts to the contrary too, though. My main concern is that the negative momentum that follows relegation (and particularly what looks like being a harsh relegation adrift in 20th position) might make it difficult to start next season strongly, and that we may lose our more gifted players.

But whatever happens, I can't wait to be back at Carrow Road, with my wife sat one side of me and my old man on the other, cheering on the team I love.

The latter is what it is all about - it will come again

If we are relegated it will certainly not come as a surprise to the club - as I am certain we will have the financial side of things sorted this time.

Players will leave, and moved 'upwards.' That's how they came to be with us in the first place. Can you blame them either.

However any one fee alone will be double or treble the total income of almost every Championship club. Players will be fired up as will the club. You don't reach the standard the players have by being someone not motivated..

September 2018 and everyone was talking doom and gloom after a draw at poorman road - 9 months later we were Champions

it's football... enjoy it

good or bad

10 minutes ago, Bill said:

The latter is what it is all about - it will come again

If we are relegated it will certainly not come as a surprise to the club - as I am certain we will have the financial side of things sorted this time.

Players will leave, and moved 'upwards.' That's how they came to be with us in the first place. Can you blame them either.

However any one fee alone will be double or treble the total income of almost every Championship club. Players will be fired up as will the club. You don't reach the standard the players have by being someone not motivated..

September 2018 and everyone was talking doom and gloom after a draw at poorman road - 9 months later we were Champions

it's football... enjoy it

good or bad

Yeah, agree with most of this. However, this pandemic has come at an awful time for us particularly, as the bottom will have fallen out of the transfer market, and the club will still be trying to plug the financial holes caused by the absence of gate receipts and so on. The billionaires at other PL clubs will plug those gaps, but we don't have that privilege.

But still, we're in the best financial position we could be in at this point under the current ownership... even if it is at the expense of having a competitive playing squad for PL survival.

We go again.

For some reason or another, we simply don’t appear to have the right players for a 442 formation - at least, not those playing yesterday - we seem to just melt away and require the protection/enforcer role that Tettey provides.  Amadou was meant to provide that role but for one reason or another didn’t fit.  It’s a shame we let him go without getting anyone who could do that job, but that costs money we don’t have/were unwilling to spend.  Quite why Farke chose yesterday to change the way we’ve played for the last couple of seasons is anyone’s guess but he hopefully won’t do it again unless/until we have the right players fit and ready for it.

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

After that car crash I’m just waiting for good ol’ LDC to mosey along with his insanely upbeat take on how we can STILL stay up.

I’ll f*cking scream. 🤬

Edvard Munch is on his way to your house with his paintbrushes.🤣