yellow_belly

Farke out?

7 minutes ago, KeiranShikari said:

no

7 minutes ago, king canary said:

This.

No and This . 

Edited by Pockthorpe

Daniel Farke has made all the right noises over the break but tonight highlighted how short of talent our squad is compared to a club like Southampton who were promoted to the PL after us a few years ago.  They benefited from owner's investment which we never had and have prospered since.  That's not meant as criticism of the current ownership but simply to point up a meaningful difference.

Farke is contracted to us for the next two seasons but it is hard to imagine that a good offer from Germany (especially) would not prove hard to resist.  No doubt offers will come.

It would be to his credit if he honoured his current contract and I hope he does.  Last year's promotion was a blast and I hope he can deliver similar results next season in the Championship (I don't doubt that is where we will end up).  It will be difficult to get on the treadmill again especially when better offers are available but I can't think of anyone better equipped.

Not yet, but he definitely needs to wake his ideas up and get a grip because, despite everything else, he is part of the problem

No

Farke and Webber with financial support from the board could have made a reasonable go of staying up!

The clubs dire performance is a direct result of the owners inability to push the club financially!

If anyone should be out its DS & MWJ

No way, showed us some of the best football played ever in yellow. Not his fault we haven’t the financial muscle to compete at this level. 

9 minutes ago, Uncle Fred said:

Yes and Culverhouse in please 

How about he brings Stephen Cleeve with him to be chairman ?

No, but it would be nice to see him making changes earlier in the game 

15 minutes ago, wooster said:

Farke is contracted to us for the next two seasons but it is hard to imagine that a good offer from Germany (especially) would not prove hard to resist.  No doubt offers will come

He has never broken a contract and stated publically he doesn't believe in breaking contracts. I think he'll see it out.

For the record, I'm also no to Farke out.

I think he and Webber will leave on their own accord. Webber won't sack him but a new Sporting Director or whatever his title is might.

He also won't be out of his depth in the Championship. To be fair, John Bond is the only manager who has managed us for any length of time in the top division.

We just cannot find one who can get us promoted and be a good EPL coach

Farke's only mistake was getting promoted so soon into a long term project ... it's a challenging concept for many football supporters to understand.

If we had finished 7th last year and in the playoffs this year virtually no fans would question his position. But winning the Championship title and a Premier League Campaign equates to calls for his head???

Stick with it, zoom out, look at the big picture... repeating the strategy that hurt us many times before (promotion = spend all we have on fairly good players = relegation = debt & tricky rebuild) is insanity ... and trust in the guy who (on a shoestring) has delivered silverware, attractive football, young players to really root for and, who knows, maybe a path to staying in the top tier via a glittering youth academy, astute player sales and philosophy rather than blind spending and finger crossing.

Enjoy the experiment, enjoy the ride.

We've seen FAR worse times!

Edited by Cantiaci Canary
  • Like 5
  • Thanks 2

I've heard this debate in several places. The line of 'promoted too early' has to be tosh. You never turn down success particularly for a club our size. It is what you do after it that counts. Our recent record of promotions to the top flight is pretty poor apart from the Lambert promotion. The question to ask is what do we genuinely want. We have tried it on the cheap several times and once threw money at it (by our standards) with relegation as the same outcome. Unless we break the model of being a selling club (young or proven talent) we always run that risk of having the best talent cherry picked. Some people say they are happy in the championship but you only have to look down the road to see the net effect of years of stagnation. If we had stayed up this year then were we genuinely fending off attempts from wealthy clubs to prize away our best players? So outside of a bankroller where do we stand? Aside from all of this you genuinely have to look at some key decisions in squad strength and training. Over the last five years and beyond we've known where the weaknesses were but did little to address them fully. The numerous injuries over the last two seasons aren't simply bad luck but also poor squad management and training - in this In include training methods and using league cup and friendlies for use to bring our injured players back to fitness. Klose against Crawley a case in point.

9 hours ago, Cantiaci Canary said:

It's not turning down success it's investing the rewards from that success shrewdly ... which we are.

This.

Removing Farke would be a temporary distraction from the real problem. We would also lose a great coach and risk replacing with a much worse one. The issue is two dire transfer windows due to budgets not fit for purpose. Without proper investment this club is bottom champ and top L1 in todays money. That might change due to covid and collapse. But the bottom line is that this team were recruited to fight relegation from the champ on a shoe string budget. So it doesnt strike me as fair to blame the poor manager now being asked to make them compete a division above without any proper investment. Not ONE signing in the summer that improved us. Not one. 

Yes I think so after this performance not the first time they have come out for second half and played worse than the first his team talks are not working, his style of play is not working there seemed to be no motivation there , time for a new start with a experienced manager 

The players did not turn up. Reflects badly on them but also on the coach. Maybe the tactics did not inspire the team any more than the fans? It's not just about money- great top teams have been built on a shoestring.

Sadly reminded me of the 6 - 0 at Fulham.  Some players are staying up - but not with Norwich.  The complete lack of application was disgraceful. Farke gave them all a chance, we backed them, and now they are just waiting to leave. 

I hope Hanley gets stuck into them, and didn’t we miss a leader and fighter last night. 12 months ago I was holding up the end of a banner at Villa Park saying “Thanks for the Magic”. Now I am appalled at the lack of fight in the same players.

Farke keeps defending them, but they are so soft an under 7s team would bully them.  As for the young defenders - they can’t defend. Flash going forward, weak and inept defensively.

I’m no massive Farke fan, but he was so badly let down by the players last night.  They should be embarrassed.

Farke can stay, the players have a lot to prove - and I don’t think they have strength of character or desire to do so.

On 20/06/2020 at 08:25, Dean Coneys boots said:

Removing Farke would be a temporary distraction from the real problem. We would also lose a great coach and risk replacing with a much worse one. The issue is two dire transfer windows due to budgets not fit for purpose. Without proper investment this club is bottom champ and top L1 in todays money. That might change due to covid and collapse. But the bottom line is that this team were recruited to fight relegation from the champ on a shoe string budget. So it doesnt strike me as fair to blame the poor manager now being asked to make them compete a division above without any proper investment. Not ONE signing in the summer that improved us. Not one. 

You told me that over a year ago and we ended up being the absolute best side in the entire division that season. So going by your track record, we're gonna win the league again next season!