Sign in to follow this  
Yellow Green Army

Central Midfield

So lightweight in centre midfield, we give the opponents so much time and space on the ball.

Trybull and Maclean non existent. In the prem you have to dominate and boss the midfield to win games, we are never going to do this. Not sure what combination is best, we need a big powerful no nonsense midfield enforcer in the summer.

• Like 1

We've gone for the weakest and and also less likely to do something in the final third. Can only imagine we're protecting Tettey for when one of the CBs get injured.

It was clear in the summer we needed that DM, we have needed every season we have gone up.

We failed.

Absolutely, have to agree our midfield 2 would not be that good in the championship.

Beyond deflated after that performance

It is clear that we are too lightweight across the park and I agree Tettey is being protected as we’re short of cover. There was also a lack of leadership from a clearly out of sorts Timm Klose. So what is worse? Protecting Tettey or playing Klose who watched as the game passed him by. He wasn’t the only one though, I think only Krul, Arrons and possibly Lewis can be given any credit. Absolute rubbish

I don’t see the logic in protecting Tettey. We had to win tonight, surely we had to go with the team to give us the best chance of that? We lost, we’re basically down, so what are we now protecting him for? 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Clint said:

I don’t see the logic in protecting Tettey. We had to win tonight, surely we had to go with the team to give us the best chance of that? We lost, we’re basically down, so what are we now protecting him for? 

Because thanks to 2 transfer windows failing to strengthen our defence he is the only back-up CH we have. We might not see him again this season if that's the case.

• Like 1

I agree with you with regards to the shambles of the transfer windows. The point I’m making is that by losing tonight, our season is basically over anyway so it doesn’t really matter what happens in the other matches. Why does it matter if we get stuffed in the last 7 matches of the season if we’re already down? Seems a flawed logic to me. If a Tettey could’ve been the difference tonight, then he had to play as points on the board is by far the most important thing at this stage. 

With hindsight DF made the wrong call. It should have been Tettey for Trybull. Tommy is too slow and lightweight for a DM role on his own.

DF was let down by some very poor performances. The lack of commitment was a very big concern.

So Louis Thompson and Sitti are the other options for 2020-21.

Have to say looking forward to them competing with tom trybull. We need fresh blood, energy, physicality, bit in the tackle, aggression and strength. If neither of them can challenge then the wait continues.

This position has been held by Tettey, but we have needed an upgrade for a very long time.

I know farke likes Godfrey at centre half and we have loads of injuries but Godfrey in that position would have been worth trying. In the first half he made an error and charged back to make a key block.

1 hour ago, smooth said:

So Louis Thompson and Sitti are the other options for 2020-21.

Have to say looking forward to them competing with tom trybull. We need fresh blood, energy, physicality, bit in the tackle, aggression and strength. If neither of them can challenge then the wait continues.

This position has been held by Tettey, but we have needed an upgrade for a very long time.

I know farke likes Godfrey at centre half and we have loads of injuries but Godfrey in that position would have been worth trying. In the first half he made an error and charged back to make a key block.

I don’t think we’ve needed an upgrade on Tettey for a very long time at all. Long term replacement perhaps, but he’s still been for me a million times better than anybody else in that central midfield role this season and certainly in the championship I can’t ever remember a season where I’ve thought we need someone better than him.

• Like 1

Aggy, yes Tettey has always proved to be better than any other recruit.

We know he reduced his training and games under managers to keep him as fit as we can. Whether some of those decisions were taken more by managers than the player is another topic. He gave up international football to prolong his club career too.

My point is we have needed someone to challenge him for a number of years and really succeed him. The fact we never have had anyone do that shows that our recruitment has not been able to do that.

It is a worry that one of our best players this season has been a player who has been here through so much. He really is a club legend and one that when he leaves will be missed. Just wished we would have brought in competition in that position to give us 2 players of Tetteys' level and above earlier.