Great to see some steel from Webber here. Though surely you set out your stall, not your stool. If he has a problem with his stool I recommend lactulose...

“We’ve set the stool out with how we negotiate with the James Maddison deal. Anyone who’s going to pick up the phone to me and ask for one of our players knows they aren’t going to tickle me and it’s not going to be easy.

“All of our players are on long-term contracts. To leave here won’t be easy for any player if we don’t want them to. It shouldn’t be.

“I have to do what’s right for the club. I can’t stand bullies and that’s something I strong disagree with in life. We will never get bullied by another club. Whether they think they’re bigger than us or not.

“We’re not having that. What happens is I go into stubborn mode and I go into being an a******* mode and I don’t care because I know how hard everyone works at this club and how much it means to the community and the supporters.”

Where was this from? It should also read "I strongly disagree" instead of "I strong disagree".

I know that I make plenty of typos on here, but at least I generally reread them and go back to edit!

EDIT: This post is a great example.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

1 minute ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

So to put it another way

some big clubs have come knocking and Stuart is getting worried

That's not how I see it. I think he's just setting out his stall that any club or player that thinks they're going to be dealing with 'little Norwich' and a club in a weak position had better think again.

Think back to how we approached the Robbie Brady transfer, persistently low-balling Hull so the transfer dragged out. He's basically baring his teeth and saying, if you want them, we are in the driving seat, not the buyer or player power. We are in a strong position and under no pressure to sell. Good to see

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Where was this from? It should also read "I strongly disagree" instead of "I strong disagree".

I know that I make plenty of typos on here, but at least I generally reread them and go back to edit!

EDIT: This post is a great example.

Copy and pasted from the 'Bottom Six Accusations a disgrace' article on Pinkun. Proof reading doesnt seem to be a thing at most publications these days, even the nationals

Edited by The Great Mass Debater

I think he meant that he's set out his "stall.''

Unfortunate Malapropism.

(If not, syrup of figs are still my preferred remedy.)

Nevertheless, I thought it was a very good interview with more balls than Teresa Mendoza, and it gave me confidence for next season whatever the outcome of this.

• Like 1

We'll miss him when he's gone.

I'd say it does sound like big clubs have come calling (and maybe those they've come calling about have had something to say about it too) and he's putting a public statement out there that we aren't going to be anyones' whipping boys.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Copy and pasted from the 'Bottom Six Accusations a disgrace' article on Pinkun. Proof reading doesnt seem to be a think at most publications these days, even the nationals

The irony... (or is this a "whoosh" on my part?).

P.S. I had a similar reaction when I read about his "stool". Hugh McIlvanney must be spinning in his grave.

Edited by Nuff Said

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

I think he meant that he's set out his "stall.''

Unfortunate Malapropism.

(If not, syrup of figs are still my preferred remedy.)

Nevertheless, I thought it was a very good interview with more balls than Teresa Mendoza, and it gave me confidence for next season whatever the outcome of this.

I had no idea who Teresa Mendoza was, so did some Googling. I assume you are referring to 'Queen of the South'? This is a programme I have never heard of. However I am a huge fan of Gomorra, Suburra and Narcos. If you are familiar with any of those, how do they compare?

4 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

The irony... (or is this a "whoosh" on my part?).

P.S. I had a,similar reaction when I read about his "stool". Hugh McIlvanney must be spinning in his grave.

No, it was a genuine typo, which I missed first time round, but subsequently corrected, something professional journos seem not to do more often than should happen! In my defence though I am dyslexic so it is hard for me to spot my mistakes on the first pass - but I try to correct!

Nothing about other clubs - just a case of re-assuring City fans, as it makes far call difference what he says about other clubs

The proof will be when they come calling, then can find out then

10 minutes ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

I had no idea who Teresa Mendoza was, so did some Googling. I assume you are referring to 'Queen of the South'? This is a programme I have never heard of. However I am a huge fan of Gomorra, Suburra and Narcos. If you are familiar with any of those, how do they compare?

Yes, "Queen of the South."

I'm going through it on Netflix now.It is one of the most violence-ridden pieces of television I have ever seen.

I used to be able to watch about four episodes of Breaking Bad, time permitting, but two on the trot of this stuff is enough.

Violence and double dealing throughout and you have to concentrate at times to realise just what side any character is on at any time.

Equal to Gommorah, not sure about the other two, but I'll seek them out after this.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Just now, BroadstairsR said:

Yes, "Queen of the South."

I'm going through it on Netflix now.It is one of the most violence-ridden pieces of television I have ever seen.

I used to be able to watch about four episodes of Breaking Bad, time permitting,but two on the trot of this stuff is enough.

Violence and double dealing throughout and you have to concentrate at times to realise just what side any character is on at any time.

Lads, have you seen Love/ Hate ... an irish gangster series. Think there four maybe 5 series, started quite low budget  but series one such a success that investors were fighting to get in. Imo one of the best in last 10 years. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Lads, have you seen Love/ Hate ... an irish gangster series. Think there four maybe 5 series, started quite low budget  but series one such a success that investors were fighting to get in. Imo one of the best in last 10 years. 

Look that up too.

Lockdown without Netflix or Amazon Prime would have been much more of a chore, for me at least..

My favourite remains the 'Sopranos.' I suppose because of the characters and the actors who played them, particularly Gandolfini.

'Lillehammer' is quite an amusing off-shoot. 

"The Fixer" Tagliano (Steven Van Zandt)is forced into exile abroad and picked Norway remembering watching the Winter Olympics at Lillehammer.It's amusing as he largely parodies his role in the Sopranos.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1