Sign in to follow this  
Petriix

Lawro - predicting a Norwich win!?

2 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, what's Southamptons form again? L/L/LW/L/L? Is it that surprising?

Yeah, I think you've cracked it.  That was probably as far as his research went.

Lawro quite rightly gets a good kicking on here (Pukki wont get ten etc)  and his predictions are often pants. I have to say though, he has my vote this week.

5 minutes ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, what's Southamptons form again? L/L/LW/L/L? Is it that surprising?

I'm glad you didn't use 'recent' in that sentence. 🙂

Back before everything shut down, the majority of Saints fans were very cautiously predicting a score draw and maybe nick it by the odd goal.

Until we've got through a couple of games there's no way to know what kind of game we're about to watch. I've watched games across the globe in the last week with top sides going down by 4 or 5 goal margins to ordinary opponents, and in the first two games here we've had a 1 in 9000 error and probably the worst PL sub appearance of all time.

In general I think he's probably going off of the fact we're very much backed into a corner, and Southamptons situation isn't quite as desperate (yet). Including us they still have to play 4 out of 6 teams below them (3 away) and are only 7 points clear of the drop as it is, so I wouldn't think of them as being on the beach just yet.

Got to be a home win.

I'm confident tonight. Don't know why. I just believe we will play well (no point saying it after the game). So, Lawro or not, I'm hopeful of 3 points to reduce the gap also to only 3 points. And all the three's.... I hope we score 3!

Edited by sonyc
  • Like 1

Obviously knows nothing about Norwich City down to only 2 possible CB's, one coming back from 8 months out injury.  Hoping for a win but not expectant.

3 minutes ago, pete said:

Obviously knows nothing about Norwich City down to only 2 possible CB's, one coming back from 8 months out injury.  Hoping for a win but not expectant.

That's a generous way of looking at it. He hasn't played more than half hour in a match since New Year's Day 2019, when he scored in the 1-1 draw at Brentford. That was also his last competitive start, aside from the Crawley cup game.

Truly this is the end of days. Lawro forecasting a win for us must be the most bizarre phenomenon in the last ten years. President Trump, Brexit, Prime Minister Johnson and Covid-19 are nothing compared to this.

37 minutes ago, pete said:

You obviously haven't read what he said so I suugest you follow the link

Lawro IS the epitome of a stopped clock. Yet tonight at 19.50 he will be on time for once.🙂

Wow, amazing.  Not Mark Lawrenson’s prediction. But that a) anyone still looks at the BBC / watches the BBC / listens to the BBC, or; b) has ever taken any notice of Lawrenson. 

1 hour ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I've got my beer and a chicken kebab at the ready - let's get it onnnnnnnnn!

COME ON YOU YELLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLOWS!

OTBC

😶Hope it gets to stay in the box / your belly ’ere the evening is out, and not ending up on the TV

Lawro wrong again it seems.

And me too. Very disappointing performance.