Sign in to follow this  
kick it off

Its game day!!

So there are misgivings about football being back at all, we've had bad news about injuries yesterday, no supporters will be in the stands, we have to put up with a clown of a ref and worse as the var official.

All that said and done, I am still buzzing to have some Norwich City football to watch this evening. It feels like its been an awfully long time coming.

COYY.

Edited by kick it off
  • Like 2

A news feed this week from the government (i think) suggested we all could be back watching in Carrow Road in September. 

If schools go back then i can't see why football fans shouldn't be allowed back to watch live matches, even if we have to wear masks. 

37 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

A news feed this week from the government (i think) suggested we all could be back watching in Carrow Road in September. 

If schools go back then i can't see why football fans shouldn't be allowed back to watch live matches, even if we have to wear masks. 

There will be a sizeable number of us who won’t feel it’s safe to go back, whether for ourselves or those close to us. 😢

Even if social distancing is reduced to 1 metre, sadly I can’t see us all being back at CR in September.

It’s not just about sitting in your seat, what about the concourses and toilets?

Hope I’m wrong but I can’t see it happening 🙁

1 hour ago, kick it off said:

So there are misgivings about football being back at all, we've had bad news about injuries yesterday, no supporters will be in the stands, we have to put up with a clown of a ref and worse as the var official.

All that said and done, I am still buzzing to have some Norwich City football to watch this evening. It feels like its been an awfully long time coming.

COYY.

Genuinely hope you enjoy it but I suspect it will actually be a major anti-climax.

I'm afraid I'm completely of the opposite view - I just have no interest at all in watching football played in such a contrived and artificial context for no purpose whatsoever than the cash at stake, plus of course against a background of the current situation.

IMO it is an exercise in greed and hypocrisy - no blame attached to the club they really have no other choice but as for the Premier League and the TV companies.......................

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Harry53 said:

8 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

There will be a sizeable number of us who won’t feel it’s safe to go back, whether for ourselves or those close to us. 😢

May be wrong but you sound quite young Harry53?

The average age of season ticket holders is pretty high so they’re more likely to agree with Nuff Said

Each to their own - if people are allowed to go and some chose not to, that’s fine.  My wife was considered in a vulnerable group and will still be cautious for some time.

Meanwhile, did anyone else go for the ‘OTBC Bundle’ (ie programmes sent by post)? I wasn’t sure whether to bother but thought I might as well -  being down in Surrey I was unsure it would arrive in time, but it came yesterday so I have a little bit more for my matchday experience!

Just now, Branston Pickle said:

Each to their own - if people are allowed to go and some chose not to, that’s fine.  My wife was considered in a vulnerable group and will still be cautious for some time.

Meanwhile, did anyone else go for the ‘OTBC Bundle’ (ie programmes sent by post)? I wasn’t sure whether to bother but thought I might as well -  being down in Surrey I was unsure it would arrive in time, but it came yesterday so I have a little bit more for my matchday experience!

I'm adding to my matchday experience by reading the programme over your shoulder. 🙂

• Haha 1

Can’t see any football being played in front of supporters this year.

Seems people are getting very complacent re social distancing etc only got to see the demonstrations, crowds packing into shop without masks. A number of States in the US , Latin America, South Asia all seeing spikes in the virus Mixed messages from the government all a shambles