Sign in to follow this  
cambridgeshire canary

colchester vs exeter today in the playoffs..

Fairly obvious i would have thought CC as a chance next season to heap more misery on the Scum.

Exeter.

Don't like Col U.

Don't want the scummers to have the luxury of a local derby and the revenue that brings either.

Just now, Capt. Pants said:

Exeter.

Don't like Col U.

Don't want the scummers to have the luxury of a local derby and the revenue that brings either.

Given their gates though, that’s about an extra £63 isn’t it? Mind you, that’s probably a couple of players for them.

• Haha 3

Just now, Nuff Said said:

Given their gates though, that’s about an extra £63 isn’t it? Mind you, that’s probably a couple of players for them.

They brought a hell of a lot to Carrow Rd all those years ago and I'm sure they would do likewise against Ipswich, who after all are much closer to them than us.

On the one hand, Exeter is a bloody long trip and Ipswich have been losing to them since before they got relegated. On the other, a local match is unpredictable and it's always a little bit satisfying to see your ex out with someone nowhere near as good as you.

Personally I'm not sure I'd want to be taking part in Play Offs in these disconnected conditions. I'd say it's a roll of the dice but I don't even think the dice would be match fit yet.

• Haha 2

Exeter. The've been knocking on the door long enough and have a Devon derby to look forward to if they go up. 

29 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Exeter. The've been knocking on the door long enough and have a Devon derby to look forward to if they go up. 

They gonna have to do some work in the second round.

8 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

On the other, a local match is unpredictable and it's always a little bit satisfying to see your ex out with someone nowhere near as good as you. 

Absolutely wonderful! 

8 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Fairly obvious i would have thought CC as a chance next season to heap more misery on the Scum.

Turns out it wasn't that obvious at all

17 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Turns out it wasn't that obvious at all

Obvious in so much as if The Scum end up playing Colchester that would be yet another East Anglian club in with a shout of beating them as we do every time we play them and Peterborough did this one.

1-0 tonight so it could happen.

2 minutes ago, Canary73 said:

Exeter wembley bound again. In the final for the 3rd time in 4 years....

be a long old haul down there for the binners, if it is Exeter who come up

though I'm not sure if there isn't a direct flight from Ipswich airport to Exeter - would save getting the horse and cart out 😛

'Ipswich Airport' has me baffled. Is it an ironic swat at the old enemy?

Ipswich did have an Airport (I have parachuted there, for my sins) but that was at least 30 years ago 🙂

29 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Ipswich did have an Airport (I have parachuted there, for my sins) but that was at least 30 years ago 🙂

The council owned the Airport and sold it for development. The Parachute Club moved to Old Buckenham before relocating at Beccles.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, Pugin said:

nope, nothing more than a blatant pi sstake 😜