Sign in to follow this  
Bill

Vera Lynn RIP

2 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Not a football thread. 

But you forget, his rule doesn't apply to a few posters on here.

Someone will be along shortly to call you names and moan that 'you don't have to click on it' just because you like your football forums to contain only football.

You just have to accept it, they're SUPER self important.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

But you forget, his rule doesn't apply to a few posters on here.

Someone will be along shortly to call you names and moan that 'you don't have to click on it' just because you like your football forums to contain only football.

You just have to accept it, they're SUPER self important.

Ha.

Nothing self important about those who insist every thread be moved so they don't have to suffer the indignity of scrolling past it of course...

18 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

RIP Dame Vera. A long life well lived.

Indeed, RIP Dame Vera

56 minutes ago, king canary said:

Ha.

Nothing self important about those who insist every thread be moved so they don't have to suffer the indignity of scrolling past it of course...

It's just really super simple KC, it's a football forum.

I genuinely don't see what's difficult about it. Posters know their thread will get moved, so what's the actual point? 

Instead people like yourself attack anyone who wants to keep it a football forum. You shouldn't have to filter out random other stuff when you come to a football forum, you just shouldn't.

That's LITERALLY THE REASON there is a non football section. Otherwise, why bother? 

That way we just all know where to find the stuff we want to find.

Also, non football stuff on a football forum just bothers people, is that not enough? Or is it just far more fun to know that you're annoying people?

It's such a daft, little thing that doesn't need to exist, which is why many people get annoyed. 

You're always the first to give grief to anyone who wants to keep the football bit  football related. Why is that?

You seem really petulant and I can't figure out is you're about 11 or a really childish adult. I GENUINELY believe you are here for a fight far too often. 

Edited by Flying Dutchman

12 minutes ago, Flying Dutchman said:

It's just really super simple KC, it's a football forum.

I genuinely don't see what's difficult about it. Posters know their thread will get moved, so what's the actual point? 

Instead people like yourself attack anyone who wants to keep it a football forum. You shouldn't have to filter out random other stuff when you come to a football forum, you just shouldn't.

That's LITERALLY THE REASON there is a non football section. Otherwise, why bother? 

That way we just all know where to find the stuff we want to find.

Also, non football stuff on a football forum just bothers people, is that not enough? Or is it just far more fun to know that you're annoying people?

It's such a daft, little thing that doesn't need to exist, which is why many people get annoyed. 

You're always the first to give grief to anyone who wants to keep the football bit  football related. Why is that?

You seem really petulant and I can't figure out is you're about 11 or a really childish adult. I GENUINELY believe you are here for a fight far too often. 

I just think its weirdly officious- I don't really care that much but I find it funny when you're happy to call people self important and petulant for posting threads in the wrong place, but don't see any hyprocrisy in your insistence every thread is in the exact place you want it to be.

I post on a couple of other forums- some topics are all in one big place, a few others who have much stricter guidelines. Either works fine but it needs to policed by a bit of moderation not by a bunch of people whining that their experience is being ruined by having to scoll past a couple of threads, particularly as we've had no football to actually discuss for 3 months. 

I'm not here for a fight, I'm here to discuss various topics. I just find the self appointed forum police who insist everything goes in the place they think it should be to be pompous. 

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

I just think its weirdly officious- I don't really care that much but I find it funny when you're happy to call people self important and petulant for posting threads in the wrong place, but don't see any hyprocrisy in your insistence every thread is in the exact place you want it to be.

I post on a couple of other forums- some topics are all in one big place, a few others who have much stricter guidelines. Either works fine but it needs to policed by a bit of moderation not by a bunch of people whining that their experience is being ruined by having to scoll past a couple of threads, particularly as we've had no football to actually discuss for 3 months. 

I'm not here for a fight, I'm here to discuss various topics. I just find the self appointed forum police who insist everything goes in the place they think it should be to be pompous. 

But is IS policed here, maybe not as effective as you believe it should be, but it is. So why doesn't that stop people from posting non football stuff in the football section?

And it isn't just the last 3 months, its the same few posters that just do it for the sake of doing it, which IS petulant.

Discussing various topics is fine, we have section for that very purpose and thats the point.

Jumping instantly on everyone who suggests the forum structure should be followed suggests loving a bit of a fight to me. Especially since it will always end up being moved anyway.

The fact they get moved every time suggests that the many people who want the football section to just be football are in fact right in their annoyance.

There is absolutely zero point posting in the football forum in the first place.

It isn't pomposity either, it's just having everything where you should expect it to be.

Anyway, I believe that we've gone too far in detracting from this thread, which is wildly unfair to such subject, for which I apologise to everyone who came here for the subject at hand. 

I didn't want to get this involved, but you do seem to seek out and argue with anyone who likes the football forum to be footbal like it's a sport for you and frankly that is equally as irritating. Also I can see there is just no talking to you.

So I'm just going to leave it where it is. This is unproductive and not what this thread should focus on.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

I don't understand how there can be a problem about this thread. Some people just want to create problems that are not there.

Good on you Vera. Its far too easy for people who were born in a much earlier era whose most dramatic choice in life is WhatsApp or Instagram, to dismiss how important you were to so many people 80 years ago.

6 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

I don't understand how there can be a problem about this thread. Some people just want to create problems that are not there.

Good on you Vera. Its far too easy for people who were born in a much earlier era whose most dramatic choice in life is WhatsApp or Instagram, to dismiss how important you were to so many people 80 years ago.

And as a 19 year old going out to Burma to entertain the troops

an immensely risky and extremely rough existence - no comforts, only the most basic of necessities

songs that evoke the personal side of the war - but also actions that summed up so much of how hardship was faced then

• Like 1

5 hours ago, keelansgrandad said:

Speaking of creating problems that aren't there...

Your judgement of modern problems just shows how high and mighty and compeltely detached the older generation is.

What about us people that are currently fighting actual modern wars? Do we not have issues because we are younger?

The older generation who destroyed the economy for future homeowners, treated treated women like absolute Dog S, accepted what is now deemed racism and homophobia as the norm and basically b*tch and moan about todays youth and how much better things used to be.

See, I can generalise too. Not pleasant is it. The difference is I'm being sarcastic, I genuinely believe you (and a few others on here) actually think your way. Scary.

22 hours ago, Bill said:

And as a 19 year old going out to Burma to entertain the troops

an immensely risky and extremely rough existence - no comforts, only the most basic of necessities

songs that evoke the personal side of the war - but also actions that summed up so much of how hardship was faced then

I’m sure to be corrected if I’m wrong but I don’t think our troops were in Burma in 1936.

Other than that I agree with these sentiments entirely.

6 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

I’m sure to be corrected if I’m wrong but I don’t think our troops were in Burma in 1936.

Other than that I agree with these sentiments entirely.

I wondered who would be the first to spot that 😉

Your judgement of modern problems just shows how high and mighty and compeltely detached the older generation is.

What about us people that are currently fighting actual modern wars? Do we not have issues because we are younger?

The older generation who destroyed the economy for future homeowners, treated treated women like absolute Dog S, accepted what is now deemed racism and homophobia as the norm and basically b*tch and moan about todays youth and how much better things used to be.

See, I can generalise too. Not pleasant is it. The difference is I'm being sarcastic, I genuinely believe you (and a few others on here) actually think your way. Scary.

For you information, my gripe was with someone complaining that there was a thread about Dame Vera.

Also for your information, I was a Trade Union Secretary whose Union measured amongs its achievements, equal pay and conditions for women. employed a gay man as my secretary and have relatives who have black skin.

I couldn't do anything about the economy I'm sorry to say. Although I did point out to someone who was b*tching to me that they wouldn't get the pension I'm getting that they are getting part of it now with minimum wage, housing allowance, child allowance for each child which I didn't get as a young man bringing up a family.

Yes I do moan about the younger generation as I am sure you will do  when you are older, that is one thing that doesn't change.

Oh, and by the way, I have a Son in the Coldstream Guards who has done tours of Ireland, Iraq and Afghanistan. And I am proud of him.

19 hours ago, South Sider said:

You’re young. Chances are one day you’ll be old and chances are you’ll be bitching about the young.

That’s life......

49 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

You’re young. Chances are one day you’ll be old and chances are you’ll be bitching about the young.

That’s life......

Seems he'll be spending his whole life bitching then.

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

That’s life......

If older people have that level of self awareness, why still moan about anyone younger?

That's the real question.

On 18/06/2020 at 20:21, South Sider said:

And voted for Brexit 🤬🤬🤬