cambridgeshire canary

David Luiz- Contract running out

He was next level terrible last night.

Not sure I've ever watched a guys career be killed live on TV like that before.

19 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Mistake for the first, gave away a penalty and then got sent off. If Luiz now ends up moving to Man City, there should definitely be a public enquiry! 

If my memory serves, I seem to remember a nightmare of a game with Jonathan Walters for Stoke where he missed a hatful of chances, missed a penalty, scored an own goal and then got the red. Has Luiz managed that yet?

11 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Ben Godfrey has looked a bit 'green' at times since his move to his centre back, despite his obvious potential.

He could really learn a lot from playing with Luiz at centre back. Whatever Luiz does, do the opposite.

Here's an idea - why not play Godfrey as a defensive midfielder?

• Haha 2

Arsenal injuries are piling up and every chance Luiz will be out of contract by the time we play them. They appear to be in transition mode so hopefully we will still have something to play for come July 1st. 

So is Tommy Smith the ex-Binner who ran around Carrow Road like a whirling dervish when he bundled in an equaliser once.

I'm sure you're being sarcastic OP, but I'm perfectly serious.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Discussing Luiz last night as we were discussing CBs at Norwich over the years (it's not an area of strength for us in my view, perhaps Bruce and Watson is the best partnership). We decided we wouldn't want him in a Championship team, let alone the PL. Perhaps he would make a decent central/defensive mid.

15 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

What a wild, left-field idea that is! I don't think anyone would ever have thought of that if you weren't such an innovative, maverick thinker.

Finally, some appreciation! It’s just a shame I didn’t get the same reaction for some of my other excellent suggestions like that Krul wasn’t up to playing to the Premier League, Stiepermann was no good as a left back and we should have invested lots of money in experienced PL players at the start of the season.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Finally, some appreciation! It’s just a shame I didn’t get the same reaction for some of my other excellent suggestions like that Krul wasn’t up to playing to the Premier League, Stiepermann was no good as a left back and we should have invested lots of money in experienced PL players at the start of the season.

Should we sell Aarons to Spurs and then loan him back?

• Haha 2

According to Transfermarkt he has had 5 moves totalling over £106m in fees during his career. Chelsea even bought him twice; he's played for Brazil 57 times, won several titles in 3 countries, won the Champions League, and at 33 is still better than any centre back on our books, by an absolute mile, even if he has lost a yard of pace. I'd have him in a heartbeat but I don't suppose he'd come to Norwich for £20k a week.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sgncfc said:

According to Transfermarkt he has had 5 moves totalling over £106m in fees during his career. Chelsea even bought him twice; he's played for Brazil 57 times, won several titles in 3 countries, won the Champions League, and at 33 is still better than any centre back on our books, by an absolute mile, even if he has lost a yard of pace. I'd have him in a heartbeat but I don't suppose he'd come to Norwich for £20k a week.

I think the reason he has played for so many big teams in different countries and has totalled over £100m in fees is because his coaches just lose patience with him within a year or two because he makes too many errors which he doesn't learn from and so they ship him out.

There's always another club/coach willing to pick him up because he's clearly talented despite his lapses, and they hope they can iron out the creases.

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man

7 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

I think the reason he has played for so many big teams in different countries and has totalled over £100m in fees is because his coaches just lose patience with him within a year or two because he makes too many errors which he doesn't learn from and so they ship him out.

There's always another club/coach willing to pick him up because he's clearly talented despite his lapses, and they hope they can iron out the creases.

and Brazil national team just felt sorry for him that manytimes? Agreed, with sgncfc, he would be a massive signing for us, but it will obviously never happen.

14 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

and Brazil national team just felt sorry for him that manytimes? Agreed, with sgncfc, he would be a massive signing for us, but it will obviously never happen.

He has played precious little since the infamous World Cup disaster (and just twice since 2015). It seems they too got sick of the persistent errors that have blighted his career, and continue to do so.

As I said, he is clearly a talented footballer, but I would never trust him at centre back in a back four. He has played in defensive midfield at times during his career, and I feel that suits him better. He has the technical skill to do it, he has the physique, and his mistakes are less likely to lead to goals conceded.

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Two words. Gary Doherty.

I recall the Doc's days very well and although he might have had electric pace, he was not quite as good at reading the game as Brucie.

😜

11 hours ago, king canary said:

He was next level terrible last night.

Not sure I've ever watched a guys career be killed live on TV like that before.

I remember Sol Campbell getting destroyed by West Ham on telly and he had a bit of a breakdown afterwards

9 hours ago, sgncfc said:

According to Transfermarkt he has had 5 moves totalling over £106m in fees during his career. Chelsea even bought him twice; he's played for Brazil 57 times, won several titles in 3 countries, won the Champions League - can't argue with any of that.

and at 33 is still better than any centre back on our books, by an absolute mile, even if he has lost a yard of pace. I'd have him in a heartbeat but I don't suppose he'd come to Norwich for £20k a week - IMO he's one of the most overrated players of the last fifteen years and if I was Farke I wouldn't take him even on a free. Talented but utterly inconsistent show pony and in no way the kind of team player that we need and Farke quite rightly demands.

14 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Can't quite work out if you're serious or not....

18 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Not only that ,apparently he's             " good in the dressing room ". 

It's a no from me.

We need 2 or 3 more young and fit centre backs to to cover our injury conveyor belt. 

David Luiz will get one more big move somewhere in Europe.

23 hours ago, Nuff Said said:

Here's an idea - why not play Godfrey as a defensive midfielder?

Luiz in on a free. Him and Godfrey as our two holding midfielders next season. They’d do a job in the championship.....

Doesn't matter how good he is or whether Farke wants him or not - players of his profile will never come to Norwich. He'll go to somewhere like Sporting Lisbon and play 10 games a season for £100,000 a week.

• Like 1