Sign in to follow this  
Citizen Journalist Foghorn

Worthy Out!!!

Another negative post from you Paul.

A bit premature i feel considewring we will have 5 "new" players for the scum match. We should have earnie, johansen and rehman will have had a few training session with the squad, safri will be back and robinson is better than the midfield bar safri.

But if we fail to pick up a reasonable points tally and/ or lose on sunday then it will be WORTHY OUT

[quote user="Matt Hudson"]

A bit premature i feel considewring we will have 5 "new" players for the scum match. We should have earnie, johansen and rehman will have had a few training session with the squad, safri will be back and robinson is better than the midfield bar safri.

But if we fail to pick up a reasonable points tally and/ or lose on sunday then it will be WORTHY OUT

[/quote] so what?? we are dire, whats that 4 defeats in 5, 13 goals conceded 4 scored?? one in the eye of the worthy outers......

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote] so what?? we are dire, whats that 4 defeats in 5, 13 goals conceded 4 scored?? one in the eye of the worthy outers......[/quote]WORTHY OUT

The club needs to have its coaching restructured.

Maybe put Williams at the healm, he knows how football should be played.

Worthy has lost the plot.

Tonights midfield line up, disgraceful.

We all knew we would get a beating.

At least give the acadamy a chance, the fans need to see the youngsters given a chance instead of putting square pegs in round holes.

Hughes and Charlton should not be considered for Sunday.

[quote user="Paul Rankin"][quote user="Matt Hudson"]

[/quote] so what?? we are dire, whats that 4 defeats in 5, 13 goals conceded 4 scored?? one in the eye of the worthy outers......[/quote]

I agree with most of what you are saying Paul, but i think we should give worthy and his new boys plus safri and robinson a couple of games. Changing manager a day after 3 new signings and 4 days before the derby isnt going too help .

Sorry I have to agree the last couple of weeks have done it for me - and now two pointless loan signing, we will see about Earnshaw but I can''t really say I''m over the moon. I would have prefer him to put his hands up and write the season off, blood some youngsters, and make plans for next year.

On another matter three years ago we beat Reading in a very even contest now we''ve been slaughtered by them and we were the team who have been to the Premiership and got all the trimming - I think this speaks volumes!!!

Totally agree but unless we voice our opinion he definately will! Cant against the binners but can after.

How nice would it be to watch football like that?

When we won the league, we won all our games (nearly) by 1 goal and sat on the lead.

Bring in Newell and attacking Football!

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Sadly if he wasnt gone before the transfer window, I doubt he will be for a while. 

[/quote]

It''s a shame Trent because Earnshaw is a good signing by Worthy but it''s too late to make a difference and this season has to be written off as a shambles.  Sadly the signing of Earnshaw does nothing to address the issues that concerned me in the first place and the lack of quality chances that will come his way will merely highlight them.

Ipscum match will be the decider... Worthington should be scraping for his job now after a totally inept performance today. A total embarrassment, a long way away from the 1-0 win 2 seasons ago when Mulryne scored a volley to beat Reading away.

[quote user="Trent Canary"]

Sadly if he wasnt gone before the transfer window, I doubt he will be for a while. 

[/quote]

I know one thing if we lose badly against the scum you may hear 20,000+ at the ground calling for his head.

I think a mass "Worthy Out" will force the club to act.

His post match interview was unbelieveable.

He said we had better players at the club now than 2 years agao yet we are a far worse team.

What does that say about his managerial skills.

Worthy OUT NOW!

"He said we had better players at the club now than 2 years agao yet we are a far worse team."

The funny thing is it says a lot about his managerial skills that we are in mid table with a team like this. But what does it say about his managerial skills that we won the league with (What I considered) an above average team plus Huckerby?

Either way something has to be done. I wont be at the game sunday sadly, (Super bowl/uni commitments) but ill be watching the TV with a lot of interest.

And will someone interview Foley!!

I think we need to all agree that, as depressing as it is, we have Worthy until the summer. The prudent board arent going to give him the biggest sum ever spent by a Norwich manager, and then get rid of him - its just not their style. They obviously believe that with some financial backing the sit-yew-a-shun will change.

I wanted to see Earnshaw arrive at the club. He was good for West Brom in the Prem, kept them up - (Robson isnt a good manager, as previous jobs have proven). quality for Cardiff. A good acquisition I reckon - there arent too many other strikers with his proven goal record in the Championship.

A little wishful thinking here, but I also think (well, hope and pray) with a diminutive striker, this MIGHT bring about a change of tactics - we cant keep lumping balls up to Earnie, JJ, McVeigh - it just wont work.

We are stuck with Worthy, whether we like it or not. The best thing for the club will be to all get behind the new signings, and push for the playoffs. We are exactly half way between relegation and the playoffs now - so the rest of the season will be a good yardstick for our progress. IF (and thats a huge size 48 Font IF) we make the playoffs, and we get promoted (cant believe I am actually writing that) hopefully the board will then do the decent thing and say "Thanks for all your work Nige, but we think we need a new man".

This might sound a little strange, and hypocritical, but I think in the interests of the club, we will need an astute, forward thinking, tactically aware coach who will be able to keep us in the Premier League. Worthy is NOT this coach. It doesnt take a genius to get promoted out of this league - and for the sake of progression and ambition, Worthy needs to go in the summer. But for the meantime, lets try and push in the right direction.