Sign in to follow this  
Hairy Canary

Willie Thorne

Being reported that he has sadly died at 66.

Probably not a big name to many but as a bit of a snooker fan I go to Shefield each year for a couple of days at the World Championships. Willie always had a bit of a laugh with the crowd and such a dry sense of humour. Won't be the same without him there. RIP Willie. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

The Brexit debate  is also just as relevant on a football forum. 

At least its kept in the non-football section.

Any danger of this bit being kept to just football? I don't come here for the other stuff  I ACTUALLY go elsewhere for that. Shocking, right.

Just now, South Sider said:

Any danger of this bit being kept to just football? I don't come here for the other stuff  I ACTUALLY go elsewhere for that. Shocking, right.

Or alternatively don't click on a thread titled "Willie Thorne"?

Just now, South Sider said:

So you never made any comments on the matter when it lived on this section for an age ? If you didn’t then that’s fair enough. 

2 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

So you never made any comments on the matter when it lived on this section for an age ? If you didn’t then that’s fair enough. 

Nope

4 minutes ago, Ian said:

Or alternatively don't click on a thread titled "Willie Thorne"?

I see that as a response often, but it makes no sense and is an unproductive response to the issue.

I don't go on forums discussing politics only to have to dodge posts regarding Farke's substitution timings.

And just like that, it's moved to non-football where it should be.

But was it really too difficult to post it there in the first place OP?

Edited by South Sider

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

I see that as a response often, but it makes no sense and is an unproductive response to the issue.

I don't go on forums discussing politics only to have to dodge posts regarding Farke's substitution timings.

Apologies SS. I can see I should have posted in the Non-Football secion and pleased to see it has now been moved. 

Well it’s in its rightful place now so you can relax and enjoy your day. A very decent player who made bucket loads of maximum breaks in practice and should have won more titles. 

• Thanks 1

Thank you Hairy. I couldn't care where it's posted, it's the thought and share that count. Willie Thorne was very popular with his fellow professionals and a true gentleman I'm reading in the obituaries.

RIP.

• Like 1

Yes RIP Willie Thorne and to the rest of the bell ends on this thread squabbling on a thread about someone dying shame on you.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, South Sider said:

And just like that, it's moved to non-football where it should be.

But was it really too difficult to post it there in the first place OP?

God you people are such babies

40 minutes ago, KiwiScot said:

Yes RIP Willie Thorne and to the rest of the bell ends on this thread squabbling on a thread about someone dying shame on you.

I think you mean just 1 person. 

• Like 1

I met Willy T at Stody Hall gardens many moons ago. He was 6 ft 2 ins but looked like a giant. His bald head was as big a barrel and gleamed in the sunshine. Being a bit of a snooker fan I asked for a photo to be taken with him which he consented to with good grace. No mobile phones then so it was with my camera. I think it took about 4 goes before Mrs Shrimper got us both in the frame and he took it all in good part. The gardens are open each year for charity and he was doing his bit for it. RIP Willy T.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, king canary said:

God you people are such babies

Necessary and inspired. Thanks KC. However, we are still right.

• Sad 1