Crabbycanary3

Norwich v Southampton - Official Thread

Back to 4 2 3 1 for me. Try and build through the thirds. Long balls up to our front men aren't what we're about. 

37 minutes ago, ron obvious said:

I've got freesat. All they're showing is car crashes.

147 on freesat

Oh well, earlier in the season we would have been trailing by now, so something to build on. We don't have the fire in our bellies I was expecting.

• Like 2

Us having two up front is causing Southampton far less problems than us missing a midfielder is causing them to give us problems.

Drmic not on song.

Bring on Mario (or Duda) to replace him.

Give Alex a bit of a run out.Trybull gets less involved overall.

1 minute ago, Capt. Pants said:

Oh well, earlier in the season we would have been trailing by now, so something to build on. We don't have the fire in our bellies I was expecting.

Every time Southampton got a corner or freekick I sighed in anticipation for them to score

Tempo far too slow, main problem as usual, no one n the centre midfield available to receive ball from defenders.... just too slow.... too sloppy!   

this philosophy needs ball players in the middle who can also compete.   Our ball players can’t compete, hence are on the bench!    Rather see Martin on for Drmic just for his enthusiasm!   

From my seat Drmic has been much better than Pukki 

‘Taking the knee’ to show solidarity, but a Southampton player doing the black power salute, not happy with that

Started really brightly then got lost. We've gotten way, way too spaced out, the trap we always fall into trying to work space on forward areas.

Calm down. Slow down. Stop trying to play fifa. Get some possession around their box and we will have this!

We're a passing possession based side but we have no one in any central midfield position who's up to this level. The defense has taken a lot of the blame but for me the midfield 3 has been the issue all season. Tettey has been the best of the bunch but he's been inconsistent because of his age, no one else, whether it's Trybull, Mclean, Leitner, Vrancic, Stiepermann, or Duda has been anywhere near up to the level required and all of the rest of the team suffers for it. As a last throw of the dice for me it's Tettey on for Trybull and Rupp on for Drmic second half with Mclean moving to CAM. I don't envy Farke right now, what can you do with a team that has absolutely nothing in midfield?

All players on the pitch look unfit. No-one is making runs. Midfield cancelling each other out. Full backs not able to get up and down with their normal pace. And the usual errors when bringing the ball out.

Shows the stupidity of these games being played. They should have just gone on PPG and avoided all this nonsense.

We should have been watching the Euros.

There's been space to play Drmic and Pukki in, but players haven't had their head up to make the pass. The one time the ball made it through, Drmic took a poor touch and got the ball stuck under his feet. 

Will be expecting some changes on the 60min mark. Vrancic for McClean would be the first I would make. If we're playing two up top, we need to play some balls into them. 

Edited by HertsCanary93

20 minutes ago, Carra Rud said:

No problem here, bit of buffering now and again but ok.

Ha! It works if I switch to mobile data. My home ISP must be blocking it somehow. Oddly, the stream continues if I then switch WiFi on again and the mobile data off. Bonus! 

Thanks. 

1 minute ago, Midlands Yellow said:

A draw will do FA so expecting a gamble or two 2nd half. 

I mean.. we do pretty much need a win, but a draw would be ok. Just ok.. Lucky if anything based off our current performance

Just now, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean.. we do pretty much need a win, but a draw would be ok. Just ok.. Lucky if anything based off our current performance

Has to be a win to install some belief for the Everton match. 

That was a bang average 45 minutes and shows why we will be playing Championship football next season.

Drmic a total passenger.

Need to sort out midfield. We're losing the game here. Pressure on the defence, and no penetration for the strikers  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Fuzzar said:

Back to 4 2 3 1 for me. Try and build through the thirds. Long balls up to our front men aren't what we're about. 

The long balls are because we can’t play thru the thirds.  It’s that or lose possession.    McLean and Trybull can’t get on the ball for us to play thru....
They need more tempo, move the ball much much quicker.    

• Like 1

Pukki and Drmic have been making runs but the balls from midfield are so slow that Soton get all their men back and we cant get through

Need to pass the ball more positively and more quickly. A bit more direct play needed at times.

Hernandez on for Drimic for me. Like to see Josh Martin or Adam Idah in last 10.

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

All winners? If so, how much did that pay!? The fourfold alone is over 25,000/1.

Yes, all winners. Been waiting for one like that for years.

5p e/w (£1.50 stake) returned just over £1,900

Scarlet Dragon 33/1, The Lir Jet 9/2, Dark Defender 14/1 and Hunni 9/1

Edited by Making Plans