Crabbycanary3

Norwich v Southampton - Official Thread

Lakey comes along with 5 paragraphs of how we’re going to win if we all get behind the team........,😂👍

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

No, actually I was going to ask where this match is happening. I may have missed something but is this at a neutral venue, if so, where?

Sorry Lakey was only having fun! I believe it’s at a Carrow road at 6 isn’t it as there’s a spurs united match afterwards.

51 minutes ago, USA Canary said:

What makes this thread “Official”?

It's a tradition. When we have an official thread it means all is well with the world. OK, so there may be one or two problems at the moment but having an official thread is reassuring. 

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Indy said:

Sorry Lakey was only having fun! I believe it’s at a Carrow road at 6 isn’t it as there’s a spurs united match afterwards.

Yeah, I know, no problem, but I've been wondering for a while if all matches were to be at neutral venues as was implied a few weeks ago. Good if it's at CR, fans or no fans......

...........now about getting behind the team - can the power of positivity work with fans being away from the stadium? I fully believe that it can.  Science is showing now that everything is interconnected in some way and who is to say that the power of collective thought does not have some influence on events?   "Collective consciousness" is an idea that has been around for many years, but scientists take it seriously - the power of many people all thinking the same thing.  So get 26,000 people at CR all totally behind the team and it can work wonders......but if all those fans are still getting behind the team from their armchairs, it can have an effect too.  Not provable, some will think it's an absurd idea, but imo yes, getting behind the team is just as important whether you are there or not.

With me not getting to many matches it means me and others like me have to get behind the team from a distance on a regular basis so are used to the idea.  Never the same as being at the match, but nevertheless, if you believe there is more to this world than what just happens physically, then why not?  After all, we are what we think......so think good thoughts, get motivated for these upcoming TV matches and give it everything!

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Yeah, I know, no problem, but I've been wondering for a while if all matches were to be at neutral venues as was implied a few weeks ago. Good if it's at CR, fans or no fans......

So glad to see you've been taking a keen interest and keeping up LDC.

13 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

...........now about getting behind the team - can the power of positivity work with fans being away from the stadium? I fully believe that it can.  Science is showing now that everything is interconnected in some way and who is to say that the power of collective thought does not have some influence on events?   "Collective consciousness" is an idea that has been around for many years, but scientists take it seriously - the power of many people all thinking the same thing.  So get 26,000 people at CR all totally behind the team and it can work wonders......but if all those fans are still getting behind the team from their armchairs, it can have an effect too.  Not provable, some will think it's an absurd idea, but imo yes, getting behind the team is just as important whether you are there or not.

With me not getting to many matches it means me and others like me have to get behind the team from a distance on a regular basis so are used to the idea.  Never the same as being at the match, but nevertheless, if you believe there is more to this world than what just happens physically, then why not?  After all, we are what we think......so think good thoughts, get motivated for these upcoming TV matches and give it everything!

You so know it does Lakey. We only have to look at what happens when we apply PUPpower on Rays Funds👍

6 hours ago, dylanisabaddog said:

It's a tradition. When we have an official thread it means all is well with the world. OK, so there may be one or two problems at the moment but having an official thread is reassuring. 

😄👍🏻

6 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You are Yuri Gellar and I claim my 5 bent spoons. 👍😉

8 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Ahhhh, football is really back 😀

I’ve got a feeling that if we beat Southampton which I expect we will, we will go on to beat Everton, lose to Arsenal but only be a couple points behind Brighton and Watford by the time we play them.

It will be like running a marathon dropping back but finding that second wind towards the end, once you see that runner ahead and you know you can catch them it spurs you on that little bit more.

Crucial that we beat Southampton & Everton to close that gap to 3 points or less.

Great to have football back.

Dont know if its common knowledge, but the PL media team are working with fans of clubs inviting them to participate in a "fan wall", where fans reactions / participation will be streamed live to the screens inside the stadiums to give players support, and its planned for Friday at Carrow Road. OTBC

11 hours ago, Indy said:

Be a busy old night at CR then

• Haha 3

35 minutes ago, Lessingham Canary said:

Dont know if its common knowledge, but the PL media team are working with fans of clubs inviting them to participate in a "fan wall", where fans reactions / participation will be streamed live to the screens inside the stadiums to give players support, and its planned for Friday at Carrow Road. OTBC

Sounds like a recipe for something to go wrong to me. Cue obscene/offensive reactions galore.

Oh, and sorry Lakey, but if we have to rely on some sort of psychic togetherness to get the team over the line, we are ****ed. We ARE good enough to win enough games, we need Farke and the players to make sure it comes together.

7 minutes ago, Nuff Said said:

Sounds like a recipe for something to go wrong to me. Cue obscene/offensive reactions galore.

Yes, however the clubs i believe have put people forward, and they are being asked to sign a document contains guidelines (no alcohol, illegal substances, use of offensive language etc) so at least if does go wrong they will be able to take action, and measures in place should minimise potential for some to spoil the return of our game.

So what's the situation with clubs travelling, do they drive up on the day as presumably hotels are shut? Will be a long old day for their players. Could work to our advantage.

I wonder if DF still wants to play a central back 3 would he draft Alex in there? 

If not then we shall most likely start with a back 4 as usual. 

We shall see. 

Given the other teams fixtures, I’ve got this down as a ‘must win’. It appears most of the bottom six have got ‘winnable’ home games. If we can get a win, it seriously ramps up the pressure on our rivals to do the business.

We also need to try and get some points in the bag before we get any more injuries.

Edited by Clint
  • Like 1