Sign in to follow this  
Mr Angry

Newcastle United takeover in doubt

5 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

The World Trade Organisation are investigating Saudi Arabia’s involvement in the illegal broadcasting of Premier League football.

Is Bill Saudi?

18 minutes ago, lappinitup said:

Is Bill Saudi?

imshi, effendi

mind you that pirate tv stuff is long overdue for a bit of a sheikh up

17 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, Mike Ashley might be bad but at least he doesnt execute people for Witchcraft like Saudi Arabia does.

Not sure why anyone would want that country near their club.

Take a look at Miguel Delaney on twitter- he's a journalist for the Independent and has been a vocal critic of this takeover. His mentions are awash with Newcastle fans who seem to think not backing Rafa in the transfer market is worse than killing people for being gay.

20 minutes ago, king canary said:

Take a look at Miguel Delaney on twitter- he's a journalist for the Independent and has been a vocal critic of this takeover. His mentions are awash with Newcastle fans who seem to think not backing Rafa in the transfer market is worse than killing people for being gay.

Apparently there’s a 2nd party interested now and willing to match the £350m

2 hours ago, Dr Greenthumb said:

A US company.

18 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

A US company.

Yep, irish radio said they are willing to  match any bid by the Saudis. ... this could be a popcorn  scenario. Saudis dont like being out bid....they are just not used to it . The worst part is that Mike Ashley could be sitting back and watching his pile get bigger and bigger  .  .. snafu  then. The positive being that the more anyone spends on acquiring the club , the less they'll have to spend once they own it.  Anyway it's all bollix .... no crowds, VAR, money ,I Think I might be falling out of love with football . Mind you, a win on friday might rekindle the romance. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

On 17/06/2020 at 15:11, Dr Greenthumb said:

Hmmm, don't the government have £350m stored somewhere for something? Perhaps locked inside a red bus. Maybe they could buy Newcastle.

On 16/06/2020 at 20:54, cambridgeshire canary said:

I mean, Mike Ashley might be bad but at least he doesnt execute people for Witchcraft like Saudi Arabia does.

Not sure why anyone would want that country near their club.

Me neither, but the Man City fans seem happy enough (OK that's Emirates rather than Saudi but many of the same criticisms apply).

Come to that, I imagine that quite a few of the usual suspects on here who are constantly demanding a wealthy owner who can buy us into the top half of the Premiership would also rollout the red carpet to any passing billionaire, Saudi or otherwise, or indeed worse!

1 minute ago, Michael Starr said:

Hmmm, don't the government have £350m stored somewhere for something? Perhaps locked inside a red bus. Maybe they could buy Newcastle.

Hasn't this Government made enough bad decisions already?

1 minute ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

Hasn't this Government made enough bad decisions already?

That’s a question similar to ‘Have you stopped beating your wife?’ In that either answer is incriminating.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael Starr said:

They have their own mess to worry about, they don’t need a Newcastle saga too