Bill

Duda, duda, stay

On the one hand it's nice that he has decided to stay.

On the other hand I just hope he improves, has been mostly invisible on the pitch thus far and I see no reason he should start over vrancic

which is honestly a shame to have to say this given he is clearly talented

Edited by cambridgeshire canary
spelling

Slightly disappointed as when I read the thread title I thought it meant he would be here next season (in the Championship).

Still good news as there are a lot of games in a short period of time. We'll need a big squad given our usual propensity to injuries.

Similar to Drmic, a class player but needs time and games.

29 minutes ago, Capt. Pants said:

Slightly disappointed as when I read the thread title I thought it meant he would be here next season (in the Championship).

Still good news as there are a lot of games in a short period of time. We'll need a big squad given our usual propensity to injuries.

Similar to Drmic, a class player but needs time and games.

Hasn’t got time now, needs to happen as from Friday.

Will it have incurred more expense?

I realise the wages aspect ... ... but if his club want more then it could end up being a case of throwing good money after bad if we still go down.

On the other hand we need every ace in the pack if we are to pull off the great escape that we are all dreaming of.

I too would have liked it to include next season as well, whatever the outcome of this, but Hertha wants him back and Farke rates him at £20m apparently.

2 hours ago, cambridgeshire canary said:

On the one hand it's nice that he has decided to stay.

On the other hand I just hope he improves, has been mostly invisible on the pitch thus far and I see no reason he should start over vrancic

which is honestly a shame to have to say this given he is clearly talented

one of the noticeable things is how so many players have improved once they have been with us for a bit - not all,  but enough to be optimistic

and it does appear that it takes a bit of time adjusting to how football is played over here

so here's hoping

I think he has been bang average, if not below bar since his first game.

Would rather EMI cantwell and onel behind pukki.

If onels not ready, then yeah try Mario or even steipermann in the hole again. 

Let's also hope that with all these games so close together, as well as the extra subs available, we get to see Josh Martin. Fair to say at this point may as well give him a go for the last 15mins. Especially if the oppersition is tiring. He must be like lightening.

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, NeymarSmith said:

I think he has been bang average, if not below bar since his first game.

Would rather EMI cantwell and onel behind pukki.

If onels not ready, then yeah try Mario or even steipermann in the hole again. 

Let's also hope that with all these games so close together, as well as the extra subs available, we get to see Josh Martin. Fair to say at this point may as well give him a go for the last 15mins. Especially if the oppersition is tiring. He must be like lightening.

Yeah, will be interested to see Martin - Farke's said that he expects Martin and Idah to get game time.

I agree Duda has been below par, but as has been said elsewhere, it takes time for people to learn the system and structure. Amadou and Roberts never really 'got it', but hopefully this break has given Ondrej the chance to get up to speed. He has international calibre, so shouldn't be written off; I have a funny feeling he might just come good for us.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Yeah, will be interested to see Martin - Farke's said that he expects Martin and Idah to get game time.

I agree Duda has been below par, but as has been said elsewhere, it takes time for people to learn the system and structure. Amadou and Roberts never really 'got it', but hopefully this break has given Ondrej the chance to get up to speed. He has international calibre, so shouldn't be written off; I have a funny feeling he might just come good for us.

Yeah to be fair to him yeah, it does take time and he may yet come good. As you said he clearly has the skills and is highly thought of. Let's hope he is hungry for it. Especially with his parent club getting a new manager for him to impress, let's hope he goes for it.

I don't think he will be staying post summer though. I'd assume we can't afford him and at present he will be keen to return and start afresh with the new manager.

But to conclude, yes maybe I have been too hasty and deserves the time to adapt. Let's hope he makes me eat my words.

1 minute ago, NeymarSmith said:

Yeah to be fair to him yeah, it does take time and he may yet come good. As you said he clearly has the skills and is highly thought of. Let's hope he is hungry for it. Especially with his parent club getting a new manager for him to impress, let's hope he goes for it.

I don't think he will be staying post summer though. I'd assume we can't afford him and at present he will be keen to return and start afresh with the new manager.

But to conclude, yes maybe I have been too hasty and deserves the time to adapt. Let's hope he makes me eat my words.

Agree that he won't be here past the summer, unless we somehow survive. Definitely won't want to be playing in the Championship.

2 minutes ago, Feedthewolf said:

Agree that he won't be here past the summer, unless we somehow survive. Definitely won't want to be playing in the Championship.

I don't think he will be here even if we do stay up. Wasn't the issue which resulted in him leaving his parent club down to a fall out with the manager, who has now left?

I have to apologise. Some weeks back I said Duda's loan period would not be extended beyond June 30. I was wrong. Now of course posters get stuff wrong all the time, but that is other posters. I uniquely have a deserved reputation for infallibility.

Indeed, as a well-known Norwich City fan who has an inside track on what is happening at Carrow Road told me recently, it is common knowledge that Webber's entire strategy for running the club is based on what I post here.

3 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

I have to apologise. Some weeks back I said Duda's loan period would not be extended beyond June 30. I was wrong. Now of course posters get stuff wrong all the time, but that is other posters. I uniquely have a deserved reputation for infallibility.

Indeed, as a well-known Norwich City fan who has an inside track on what is happening at Carrow Road told me recently, it is common knowledge that Webber's entire strategy for running the club is based on what I post here.

Naughty Purple.

57 minutes ago, Keith Scott said:

Terrible news. Looks like we will be playing with ten men for the remainder of the season.

we ?

• Like 1

He’s said he wants to see the season out, even if we are mathematically relegated, so he appears to like the club and enjoy being here. Let’s hope we see the results of that on the pitch.

20 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Naughty Purple.

You're not in favour of posters apologising when they're wrong?🤓

12 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

1 hour ago, PurpleCanary said:

Oh i absolutely am Purple 100%. Look forward to seeing you on the PUPs thread tonight now it will be easier to spot as Peter The Deleter has done the necessary work at last.

2 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

Oh i absolutely am Purple 100%. Look forward to seeing you on the PUPs thread tonight now it will be easier to spot as Peter The Deleter has done the necessary work at last.

Perhaps nutty will include the league table as it stood when a halt had to be called...🤩