Sign in to follow this  
Bill

v Everton

It appears we will watch the first half on BBC2, then the second on BBC1

it's about allowing both channels to have a chance to film the game

We've managed to get used to the teams changing ends at half time.

I once went to a game in Scotland where the fans changed ends at half time.

Changing channels is a whole new challenge, fortunately we've got a few days to practise before the big day. 🙂

Back in the 60’s you could change ends of the ground at half time, I think you had a pay a very small fee ‘ in old money “ Ricardo should be able to confirm.

2 minutes ago, CANARYKING said:

Back in the 60’s you could change ends of the ground at half time, I think you had a pay a very small fee ‘ in old money “ Ricardo should be able to confirm.

it was cheaper to get into the River End, so you had to pay extra (6d) if you wanted to get into the South stand, which many did if it started to rain.

I saw the 'end changing' thing at Torquay (friendly). A large group was bunched to our right, then moved down the terrace to be near the goal they were then attacking.

let's hope one lot gets its cameras out and the others set up in time. I expect it will be someone a bit posher doing the BBC2 commentary, not the oiks and hobble-de- hoys the have on BBC1

I watched the FA Cup coverage once, and thought the FA Cup had grown a beard. Turns out it was some rum looking cove called  Barry Vinegar.

ps one good thing, there won't be all that shouting, swearing and foul language, spitting on the floor etc

I'll be round someone else's house, so I will have to (try to) behave

4 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

One of the nice touches in going to country cricket is the fact you can move about during the game. Sit in one place, wander across the outfield during lunch to the opposite side of the ground for the second session, move somewhere else after tea. Lovely.

5 minutes ago, king canary said:

One of the nice touches in going to country cricket is the fact you can move about during the game. Sit in one place, wander across the outfield during lunch to the opposite side of the ground for the second session, move somewhere else after tea. Lovely.

Not just the spectators either - it is a delight afforded to fielders as well 😉

4 minutes ago, Bill said:

Not just the spectators either - it is a delight afforded to fielders as well 😉

Best part of being a spectator, worst part of being a player if you're crap at fielding like me. 

Being assigned to third man only to have to trudge to the other end of the pitch every few minutes isn't my idea of fun!

Played a couple of games a few years back in te evening league - got there to watch, and they were a man short - i fact quite a few men were short. A local family thing I assume

Any way it was at East Runton, and each player had to bowl 2 overs and bat 2 overs

I had to field at the bottom of the slope  meaning the wretched ball was unstoppable and I spent a lot of time trying to fetch it out of the undergrowth.

Anyway I didn't last long when it was my turn to bat. One of these shorties had me out. Must have done his run up behind the wicket as I didn't see him until he appeared next to the wicket and clean bowled me - to the delight of a number of other munchkins both on and off the pitch.

Typical BBC. They used to do this with the golf (and some other sports)

Started on BBC1 then moved to BBC2 and then often went back to BBC1 again.

Bloody annoying and unecessary especially when you lose 10 minutes of the actual golf while they went through all the introductions and highlights as if nobody had been watching it on the previous channel..

Why can't they just decide which channel to put it on and stick to it.

Not difficult is it

1 hour ago, Making Plans said:

Typical BBC. They used to do this with the golf (and some other sports)

Started on BBC1 then moved to BBC2 and then often went back to BBC1 again.

Bloody annoying and unecessary especially when you lose 10 minutes of the actual golf while they went through all the introductions and highlights as if nobody had been watching it on the previous channel..

Why can't they just decide which channel to put it on and stick to it.

Not difficult is it

Changing BBC channels during Wimbledon fortnight won't be happening this year.

2 hours ago, king canary said:

Which County side do you follow ? 

41 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

Which County side do you follow ? 

Nobody really- two or three times a year I might take a day off and go to the Oval for a day of county cricket.

Quite annoying to be honest! Typical BBC! They get the rare opportunity to broadcast four premier league matches and still manage to **** it up! 😡

11 hours ago, CANARYKING said:

On most non league grounds it's what everyone does. 

9 hours ago, king canary said:

Why would you spoil such a nice day by watching cricket in between  moves? 

• Haha 1