Jump to content

Recommended Posts

So as the football season re-starts, have Norwich City learned any lessons from the first 29 games, or are we going to get the same old Norwich where football has to be played "the Norwich Way" even though it has been proven over and over again that it does not work in the EPL and will lead to instant relegation.

Delia reminds me of Norman Stanley Fletcher. She knows that her way of doing things is going to see her wind up in the Championship nick, yet she does nothing about it and accepts relegation in the same casual manner as Fletch accepts imprisonment.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've changed my mind.

Bring back more Brexit, Protest and Political based threads. 

  • Like 1
  • Haha 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

So as the football season re-starts, have Norwich City learned any lessons from the first 29 games, or are we going to get the same old Norwich where football has to be played "the Norwich Way" even though it has been proven over and over again that it does not work in the EPL and will lead to instant relegation.

Delia reminds me of Norman Stanley Fletcher. She knows that her way of doing things is going to see her wind up in the Championship nick, yet she does nothing about it and accepts relegation in the same casual manner as Fletch accepts imprisonment.

Lesson learned-block Big Vince.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Big Vince said:

So as the football season re-starts, have Norwich City learned any lessons from the first 29 games, or are we going to get the same old Norwich where football has to be played "the Norwich Way" even though it has been proven over and over again that it does not work in the EPL and will lead to instant relegation.

Delia reminds me of Norman Stanley Fletcher. She knows that her way of doing things is going to see her wind up in the Championship nick, yet she does nothing about it and accepts relegation in the same casual manner as Fletch accepts imprisonment.

Are you alright?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Pig Mince with that suspiciously blue tinge . Great fun though and glad to see you back. How is Lambert by the way, does he still fancy a fight with a ball boy? Or the little feller we used to have at the academy? What was his name? Mike? 

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

If it all goes Pete Tong on Friday Big Vince we look forward to your next thread by Monday at the latest.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Mr Angry said:

Lesson learned-block Big Vince.

Your second lesson is; please don't quote him for those of us that have already done so! (I know, I was asking for it when I clicked on it).

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

If it all goes Pete Tong on Friday Big Vince we look forward to your next thread by Monday at the latest.

Along with Keith. Also been very quiet without him. Unless he morphed into someone else these last few months. No doubt he will be back Friday night in some guise. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, hogesar said:

I've changed my mind.

Bring back more Brexit, Protest and Political based threads. 

Sometimes you have to be careful what you wish for!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Along with Keith. Also been very quiet without him. Unless he morphed into someone else these last few months. No doubt he will be back Friday night in some guise. 

It’s not like his own team has got any more games to play is it ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I've missed his vinegary comments I must admit, especially when we lose (mind you he is quiet when we win).

Oh, how he could have really added some depth to the Coronavirus thread. What a loss he has been there. His right-to-the-point analysis is what we've badly missed. Still...not long to wait now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, All the Germans said:

Your second lesson is; please don't quote him for those of us that have already done so! (I know, I was asking for it when I clicked on it).

Oops, sorry 😐 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, sonyc said:

I've missed his vinegary comments I must admit, especially when we lose (mind you he is quiet when we win).

Oh, how he could have really added some depth to the Coronavirus thread. What a loss he has been there. His right-to-the-point analysis is what we've badly missed. Still...not long to wait now.

Well, we know he hates socialists so I’m pretty sure he would be defending the Government’s response to the hilt. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

8 hours ago, Big Vince said:

So as the football season re-starts, have Norwich City learned any lessons from the first 29 games, or are we going to get the same old Norwich where football has to be played "the Norwich Way" even though it has been proven over and over again that it does not work in the EPL and will lead to instant relegation.

Delia reminds me of Norman Stanley Fletcher. She knows that her way of doing things is going to see her wind up in the Championship nick, yet she does nothing about it and accepts relegation in the same casual manner as Fletch accepts imprisonment.

Norman Stanley Fletcher reminds me of Henry Morton Stanley. "Dr. Livingstone, I presume?"

And apologies to All the Germans for the quote.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 15/06/2020 at 19:00, TIL 1010 said:

If it all goes Pete Tong on Friday Big Vince we look forward to your next thread by Monday at the latest.

So there you go! No lessons learned. You would have thought that the boy Farke and the rest of the German backroom team would have been poring all over the videos in the 100 day lockdown with typical German efficiency in order to put in place a plan that would at least give the "small miracle" a fighting chance. But no, we got the same old Norwich, playing the same old "Norwich Way" with zero respect for any defensive discipline whatsoever. But hey, it is okay because the boy Webber says that having an identity is more important than anything else - so we play the same way each time, the opposition see us coming, and we duly get beat each time. And as far as the lamentable board is concerned, relegation is just fine because top 26 is built into the business plan. The board would never want to be top 17 as it would cost too much in transfer fees and wages. I bet the board are just gagging for Villa to go down with them so that they can proclaim how smart they were at getting relegated for a tiny fraction of the price that the Villa paid.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

 I bet the board are just gagging for Villa to go down with them so that they can proclaim how smart they were at getting relegated for a tiny fraction of the price that the Villa paid.

There are already several posters on here jostling for position to say just that very thing Big Vince.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

There are already several posters on here jostling for position to say just that very thing Big Vince.

No need to jostle, look at what West Ham and Bournemouth have spent over recent seasons too....

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
56 minutes ago, Big Vince said:

So there you go! No lessons learned. You would have thought that the boy Farke and the rest of the German backroom team would have been poring all over the videos in the 100 day lockdown with typical German efficiency in order to put in place a plan that would at least give the "small miracle" a fighting chance. But no, we got the same old Norwich, playing the same old "Norwich Way" with zero respect for any defensive discipline whatsoever. But hey, it is okay because the boy Webber says that having an identity is more important than anything else - so we play the same way each time, the opposition see us coming, and we duly get beat each time. And as far as the lamentable board is concerned, relegation is just fine because top 26 is built into the business plan. The board would never want to be top 17 as it would cost too much in transfer fees and wages. I bet the board are just gagging for Villa to go down with them so that they can proclaim how smart they were at getting relegated for a tiny fraction of the price that the Villa paid.

So, what then are you going to do about it? 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, hogesar said:

No need to jostle, look at what West Ham and Bournemouth have spent over recent seasons too....

Would that be West Ham who are in their 8th consecutive season in the Premier League and Bournemouth who are in their 5th ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

A friend, and citizen of the Fine City has recently emailed me stating that he thought that Farke had learned lessons, but that they were the wrong lessons ie. two up front, weaker defensive mid-field and that our injury problem has made our defensive approach an operation of 'make do and mend.'

The latter, I assume rather more refers to the last window whereby that extra central defender was not acquired in favour of another seemingly mediocre defensive midfielder who needs time to adapt in any case.

As a season ticket holder he said that the main lessons that he had learned were that Delia's pies were fattening, not having the need to sit on a plastic seat for two hours on end was good for his piles and that a Saturday afternoon nap was good for his constitution.

Edited by BroadstairsR

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, TIL 1010 said:

Would that be West Ham who are in their 8th consecutive season in the Premier League and Bournemouth who are in their 5th ?

Would that be the same West Ham who have had protests from their fans, spent 100s of millions of pounds, ended up in a soulless stadium which their fans cant stand and feel footballs been ruined for them because the decisions their owners have taken, AND look like they're going to go down to the second tier anyway?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Would that be the same West Ham who have had protests from their fans, spent 100s of millions of pounds, ended up in a soulless stadium which their fans cant stand and feel footballs been ruined for them because the decisions their owners have taken, AND look like they're going to go down to the second tier anyway?

I will take 8 consecutive seasons in the Premier League warts and all any day. Yeah their fans are so disgruntled by it all 50,000 still turn up every game.

Bournemouth and their 5 seasons ?

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I will take 8 consecutive seasons in the Premier League warts and all any day. Yeah their fans are so disgruntled by it all 50,000 still turn up every game.

Bournemouth and their 5 seasons ?

Yeah if your only ambition is to wallow around the bottom of the prem for 8 seasons then by all means go and support them, theres plenty of seats available.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, hogesar said:

Yeah if your only ambition is to wallow around the bottom of the prem for 8 seasons then by all means go and support them, theres plenty of seats available.

What a great response. Before you start worrying about my ambition maybe you could outline the height of your ambition ?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, PurpleCanary said:

So, what then are you going to do about it? 

It is a serious question. If Farke had 100 days in which to plan how to try to improve results, then all the apparently thousands of fans who want a change of ownership, faced with what for them is the bonus rallying point of almost inevitable relegation, had the same time to get organised.

With the internet to hand, more than three months is an eternity. It equates to years in old-style pre-cyberspace campaigning for a cause. This was the perfect period in which to build a mass movement to fight for the ousting of Smith and Jones. Yet evidently zilch. Just Big Vince being his own tribute band. Again...

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

What a great response. Before you start worrying about my ambition maybe you could outline the height of your ambition ?

I'm not worried Til 😂

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...