......anyone who is just a little excited about the upcoming games.....

I know, I was totally against football returning behind close doors, but I did want the season to be played out - and that is what is in the offing, unless it falls apart again........

Given all the circumstances surrounding the crisis, it does at least give us a distraction and a focus that we can all appreciate, that of actually being able to talk about football and think about Farkeball and it's merits.

So yes, despite it all, there is part of me who is looking forward to seeing us play again - it will be an experience for sure, not in a situation that any of us would want, but we will be able to watch our brilliant club on the pitch again.  Will Pukki finf his scoring boots, will Vrancic get to show us his best form, will Todd be a bit more assertive in his play (yeah, I know, controversial that one), which central defenders will play, will Emi be on top form, will Argos get on the pitch and show his best ability at running at people etc etc.......

Watching us has always been a roller coaster......well it's about to get to it's most exciting part. It's terrible that it has to be under the present circumstances, but at least we get to be on the roller coaster, even though it's from a from a safe distance......... 

• Like 1

Morning Lakey, 

I thinks thats a balanced point of view, and we are where we are in this world currently, and can't change that. 

I totally agree that football shouldn't be restarted in present climate, but thats on another thread. 

I am only midly excited about the return of our team, but that may change with a couple of early wins and we are back in mix.

In think the Bundesliga return has also helped overall, as we know what to expect byy way of empty stadia / coverage etc. 

Yep, I am.

I finish work at 4:30pm on a Friday, so the idea of settling down on the sofa at 5pm to watch us play is something I'm looking forward to.

Won't be the same as pre pandemic but I'm still excited.

I didn't think I would be remotely excited but now its getting nearer I'm starting to change my mind. It's our team at the end of the day and whilst it won't be anything like the real football we know and love, it's still our team. 

• Like 1

Must admit I watched a few of the German games and at first you missed the crowd, but when they have the canned crowd noise you forget there’s no crowds there! 
So yes Lakey I’m excited and definitely our best chance of staying up as I’m pretty sure had this season been curtailed early we’d have been relegated.

Yes looking forward to beating Southampton Friday.

Agree with Til, at last a decent football thread.

As said before - we have another chance to stay up so it is a bonus. That's how I see it.

Similarly, it hardly befits those who have built up this financial monster to complain that it needed feeding.

And if we don't manage to stay up then we haven't lost much - as any other method (were it possible) would have seen us down

ps no surprises who was the first to try to take this off topic, so I shall leave my thoughts as above lest I become the 'naughty '

man again .... Roll on Friday 🥰

• Like 1

I am surprisingly, but, I think that's partly just so we can get this forum back on track and just to get it all over and done with. The advantage though (for us plebs) is that the unusual kick off times actually mean I'll be able to watch more of the games with my young kids!

• Like 1

Proper football ended in March so I can't  get excited about about this puppet show.

Wake me up when I can go back to Carrow Rd.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Proper football ended in March so I can't  get excited about about this puppet show.

Still proper football, Ricky 👍. You can guarantee the PL and Sky etc will have come up with some measures to make it as close to a supporter attended game as possible, I’m sure there’ll be more in place than just a canned crowd - hopefully!

• Like 1

Already had my hands up Lakey. Can't wait. It's not life as normal but as soon as the players go into the pitch I will be 100% with them. I'm someone who rarely can get to a game so watching from 'a distance' is all I have anyway. 

OTBC. NMTD. SONYC.

• Like 1

Don't mind Ricky, he's just cross his oft-repeated prediction of a no re-start appears to be wrong. The sooner he gets use to the idea it's not all over the better 😉.

And, yes, really looking forward to a win.

Yep, but I'll reserve total judgement until after I've seen the first game. Even if it's a bit flat it's still a lot more appealing than a total black out and we'll have to dig deep in to our memories  to restart all the old disputes about who and where certain  players should play. 

As far as our prospects are concerned, who knows?

We could come out of the blocks firing on all cylinders or it could just be that bit more merit money that we are playing for.

The financial side of this resumption cannot be ignored and the prospect of more tv money (and the full reinstatement of parachute money?) will reduce the valium consumption in the Carrow Road corridors of power no doubt.

I'm one of those who will miss my cricket just as much so the prospect of a series against the Windies is exciting too.

I'll still retain my Netflix and Amazon Prime subscriptions though because, in all honesty, I feel that it might not allcome off as planned for a multitude of reasons.

(Is it true that we are being blamed in some quarters for our own player being positive because a premature season's end will increase our chances of playing PL football next season?)

Meanwhile the poor old binners will have nothing to cheer about. Not that they have had much fun for quite a long time now. Their season is over and Lambert is secure.

45 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Does that mean we won't be getting your match reports (devoid of the weather forecast and whether there is a head or tailwind for cycling) for the rest of the season?

I always enjoyed those.

It's obviously not exactly how we all want it, but the return is exciting to an extent.

Circumstances aside, and focusing purely on the football, 5 wins could well put us safe. Maybe being allowed out more is getting to my head, but get a good start against Southampton and Everton and suddenly 3 wins from 7 with some momentum doesn't sound as scary...

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 1

Unprecedented circumstances part of me is against footy restarting but in the main and on balance I think I prefer the idea of us finishing the season rather than having it decided on a PPG basis. Heres hoping we can surprise a few and complete the great escape. Good post Lakey.......

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Definitely happy it’s restarting. With the amount of games already played it’s only right to see promotions and relegations.

Everyone will be able to gauge the true interest by the amount of pages on the match thread on Friday. 

I'm more excited than I thought I would be a few weeks ago. I'm not holding out much hope but there is a chance and wouldn't it be fantastic if we pulled it off against all the odds.

Shame things are how they are but it must be a good sign that life is slowly moving back to normality, even if there is still such a long way to go. That can only be a good thing for us all. 

I'll still be singing OTBC when we come out of the tunnel 😀

In the context of what was happening a few weeks ago I had misgivings, but am now looking forward to it. Can't wait for finishing work on Friday and settling down for a beer or six and piling into the match thread, good or bad.

My hands are firmly down. I cant get enthusiastic at all. I'm hoping that will change friday when Pukki slots one in the top corner after a few minutes! 

I still have misgivings about it. Football on tv doesn't excite me like going to games. Watching it on tv or more probably on the wireless only gives a fraction of what I enjoy about football. It's a bit like every games is an away game and the best thing about away games is looking forward to the home game that follows. Norwich City for me is a shared love with family, friends and community and although games are taking place none of the other aspects are there. However I think / hope I will be glad it's being played once it starts.

However preparing for the resumption of Rays Funds I'm starting I find I'm excited and looking forward to that. With leagues beginning to play all over Europe and beyond we will have loads to follow again. And because we do that through this online community it will be much the same as ever.

Very sadly , not in the slightest. I have had more enjoyment spending money in the Club’s online shop than worrying about a closed doors , soulless, money driven racket . 

I’ve had highs and lows since my debut in 1972 , but never felt so fed up with football. No mates, no train trip , no sitting in the ground . I could change completely when I settle down to watch On Friday but I doubt it .

Happy for everyone that is pleased but for me it is for all of the wrong reasons . I’d rather spend the testing money in getting pubs and hospitality re open to get the economy moving at the proper level .