Jump to content
Matt Juler

Norwich player with positive COVID-19 test

Recommended Posts

3 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

This whole sorry situation with regard to the resumption of PL football to give the nation a morale boost is filling me with even more apathy.

Sing your way out of apathy Tillo....

The Norfolk lads im sore afraid ,have overmuch liberty,

Come hither reverend Michael Tills.......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
11 hours ago, Alex Moss said:

My exact thoughts too, C. I cannot see how with this ridiculously flawed system the league can restart in FIVE days. Let’s not forget there’s a player from another unarmed club that’s also tested positive, if that wasn’t already Spurs then we could now have 3 clubs that are carrying the virus. Can’t see how the league can restart.

The Power of Money. A cursory glimpse at my Bet 365 App, festooned with betting opportunities (When the Fun Stops keep gambling you soft idiots) , gives yet more reason behind the Restart. 

It was as if the Cart was placed before the Horse. 

 

The Scene is a Top Secret Meeting over a glass of something expensive , in a dimly lit room 

Mandarin. "Cuthbert-Smyth,  we have to restart the Premier League this year. Now go away and make the case"

Cuthbert-Smyth "Sir, shouldn't we have the scientific case first? , then consider whether it is safe to Restart? "

Mandarin "Do as you're told C-S, there's a good fellow. I assume you do want to appear in the Honours list? "

 

 

  

 

Edited by Graham Paddons Beard

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Its bad enough that they are resuming a close contact sport when the stats and the Government say we are in the middle of a crisis. But to then play a "friendly" and risk what indeed has happened is absolutely beyond belief and if it were in any other business we would be shouting corruption and greed from the rooftops.

And football hooligans cannot go to watch matches but they can roam the streets of Central London. 

This Government has more faces than the Town Hall Clock. And I think they are dishonouring the thousands who have died who couldn't give two monkeys about football.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, The Raptor said:

They've ve studied the video footage apparently.  I didn't  realise you could see the virus. I would've said a better idea would be to isolate, test and get the results before the players meet again. But i guess that would be too sensible. 

There's got to be a VAR joke there somewhere...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, The Raptor said:

They've ve studied the video footage apparently.  I didn't  realise you could see the virus. I would've said a better idea would be to isolate, test and get the results before the players meet again. But i guess that would be too sensible. 

They wear tiny Dominic Cummings tee-shirts...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

The club re-tweeted something about a Pukki party next week so probably not him.

 

 

 

Edited by kick it off

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Strange how the fact that its a Norwich player seems to be bothering no one. Wonder what the press would have said if it had been a Liverpool player. The BBC think that Bale being in the Real Madrid squad is a more important story. Doesn't even warrant a mention on the Guardian's app. Seventh story down on the Daily Mail Sport section - below Dean Henderson's future and Aaron Ramsay going on loan to Spurs.

We do indeed live in strange times.

I find myself wondering what will happen if Monday's tests produce a dozen positives for Spurs players......

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Buendia posted 1h ago on insta playing with his son so Emi is OK!

 Moritz added also training himself...

some of other 22 players must be .

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Boris said:

Buendia posted 1h ago on insta playing with his son so Emi is OK!

 Moritz added also training himself...

some of other 22 players must be .

Thanks Boris - if it isn't Emi and it isn't Pukki, then we probably have adequate cover - think they're the only two in our squad where there is a massive step down in quality when replacing them, at least in the outfield positions.

As long as it's not Timmy Krul.... 😱

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I have a feeling it's Zimmermann. There's innocuous whispers that he isn't fit for Friday, but he's very much been involved in the contact training since they went back. He's also the type that would definitely prefer keeping it out of the media etc.

It would definitely fit in with our season so far if it was a CB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)
21 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

I have a feeling it's Zimmermann. There's innocuous whispers that he isn't fit for Friday, but he's very much been involved in the contact training since they went back. He's also the type that would definitely prefer keeping it out of the media etc.

It would definitely fit in with our season so far if it was a CB.

I read a week or so ago that Zimbo had had an injury and was doubtful for the restart, that was before this positive test so might not be him

Edited by Branston Pickle

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Branston Pickle said:

I read a week or so ago that Zimbo had had an injury and was doubtful for the restart, that was before this positive test

In which case either we really are the deceitful deep state manipulators that Leeds and Liverpool fans think we are, or my theory is utter toss.

Think we all know which is the answer here. Those lying scoundrels! 😇

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Actually, I think it was in the Monday ‘chat’ thing in this site - the journo (can’t recall which) said something about CZ having a dodgy hamstring but maybe misremembering...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I wonder if its possible to have a B-Team/squad ready so that if one squad has an infected person with potentially infecting the rest they have the other squad with a balanced team able to play.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes I agree. The whole point is that supposedly you know everyone tested negative before gathering for the games so that whilst the risk is not completely gone it’s removed as far as possible.

if they are going to play games on almost every day of the week then they need to adjust the testing days so that teams are always tested and have their results back ahead of travelling to gsmes and sharing dressing rooms. Despite the post above I find it hard to believe that our team all drove themselves to Spurs in their own cars. 

So this is what makes this more crazy. The players will be tested Monday. The likelihood is everyone will test negative as to soon to be showing as positive. They will be tested again Thursday and there will be results ( assuming the same timescale as last week ) on Saturday. **** me we have a game on Friday !!!! . 2 squads could be exposed to a number of positive cases ? Allowing us to play Saturday is a disaster waiting to happen.

If any of you politicians read our message board remember you are totally responsible if there is what I would describe a serious incident.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

13 hours ago, kick it off said:

Exemptions for remote clubs like Newcastle - I would imagine also apply to us - how many places with Championship or PL teams can you get to in 90mins in a car from NR1?

The squad travelled in two buses, enabling social distancing.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Rumour has it, and I stress rumour, is that it's Krul

 

Don't shoot the messenger, coz I'm praying it's not true as well

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

Yes I agree. The whole point is that supposedly you know everyone tested negative before gathering for the games so that whilst the risk is not completely gone it’s removed as far as possible.

if they are going to play games on almost every day of the week then they need to adjust the testing days so that teams are always tested and have their results back ahead of travelling to gsmes and sharing dressing rooms. Despite the post above I find it hard to believe that our team all drove themselves to Spurs in their own cars. 

Jim, of course that is what should happen, along with more than just two tests a week, and with more stringent isolating of potential infectees, but that might threaten to bring the restart to a shuddering halt, and that is not the aim at all.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

Jim, of course that is what should happen, along with more than just two tests a week, and with more stringent isolating of potential infectees, but that might threaten to bring the restart to a shuddering halt, and that is not the aim at all.

Unless Arsenal beat City and Liverpool beat Everton then they can all pack up and tell they were concerned for players health, integrity etc. 

Then just a vote on everything else.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, First Wazzock said:

Rumour has it, and I stress rumour, is that it's Krul

When Spurs say "The Norwich player in question has confirmed he had no 'close contacts' with our team yesterday and our squad has also verified this", it had to be a defender and presumably one that didn't tackle.

So, take your pick from any 5 or 6 then. 😉

However, based on that comment from Spurs it would seem that Krul is probably the most likely candidate

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, Making Plans said:

When Spurs say "The Norwich player in question has confirmed he had no 'close contacts' with our team yesterday and our squad has also verified this", it had to be a defender and presumably one that didn't tackle.

So, take your pick from any 5 or 6 then. 😉

However, based on that comment from Spurs it would seem that Krul is probably the most likely candidate

I’d imagine it would more likely be McGovern, as Krul would have had quite a bit of contact from corners

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, Making Plans said:

However, based on that comment from Spurs it would seem that Krul is probably the most likely candidate

Doesn't look like it's Krul thank god!!!

 

 

  • Like 5

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Doesn't look like it's Krul thank god!!!

 

 

Cheers Offo  , him and Pukki are vital to our chances. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Doesn't look like it's Krul thank god!!!

 

 

Disagree, that looks just like Krul.

  • Haha 8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I would imagine it was someone who came on in the Spurs game as a late substitute...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Strange how the fact that its a Norwich player seems to be bothering no one. Wonder what the press would have said if it had been a Liverpool player. The BBC think that Bale being in the Real Madrid squad is a more important story. Doesn't even warrant a mention on the Guardian's app. Seventh story down on the Daily Mail Sport section - below Dean Henderson's future and Aaron Ramsay going on loan to Spurs.

We do indeed live in strange times.

I find myself wondering what will happen if Monday's tests produce a dozen positives for Spurs players......

If Monday's tests produce a dozen positives for coronavirus, then they will realise that coronavirus is spreading far faster than anyone thought and they will probably abandon the season.

If Monday's tests do not produce any positives for Spurs players then they will realise that they are probably right and playing football isn't going to spread anything and the decision to start up was correct.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, First Wazzock said:

Rumour has it, and I stress rumour, is that it's Krul

Well he is good at catching things.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Posted (edited)

Another rumour is that it is Emi (though FB only).

And on Twitter that Real Madrid are interested in him for a big sum!

Edited by sonyc

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...