Matt Juler

Norwich player with positive COVID-19 test

A slightly strange one - thankfully it wasn’t one of our probable starting XI, and he was never mentioned as a rumour so shows they kept a good lid on it.  Oddly, I don’t even recall a follow up mention of who the second positive result was in that round of testing.

Edited by Branston Pickle

26 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can he play Friday now? 

Presumably if he is cleared to return to full training 

7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

Presumably if he is cleared to return to full training 

I can follow the logic, but seems daft if the rules say self isolate for 7 days, and can't play that's what should happen. That's what was announced before. 

Im sure if it was an opposition player who tested positive and couldn't play, and then was allowed we would be complaining. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

I can follow the logic, but seems daft if the rules say self isolate for 7 days, and can't play that's what should happen. That's what was announced before. 

Im sure if it was an opposition player who tested positive and couldn't play, and then was allowed we would be complaining. 

That's assuming he had covid in the first place. If the suggestion is the first test was faulty then there's nothing stopping his return?

• Like 1

Don't forget we can name 9 subs so he may well be one of those social distancing in the seats behind the dugouts in The City Stand.