Matt Juler

Norwich player with positive COVID-19 test

43 minutes ago, Norwich R Us said:

Avert your eyes @Terminally YellowĀ šŸ‘€

This light hearted thread is going to make you tremble in virtuous disbeliefĀ  šŸ˜‚

Ā 

P.S. My money is on Trybull.

Source, pure guesswork.

Don't be a **** all your life. Have a day off.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

If we donā€™t know who it is, then Southampton donā€™t know who it is. So if it is a first teamer, we can plan to be without them but Southampton will be none the wiser.

Although,Ā do we have another test due before Friday? As one of our players has it, is there not a serious chance that more will be tested positive before Fridayā€™s match?Ā 

35 minutes ago, Clint said:

As one of our players has it, is there not a serious chance that more will be tested positive before Fridayā€™s match?Ā 

Maybe all of them. Now that would be interesting

1 hour ago, The Great Mass Debater said:

Peston, but still. Disappointing

Ā 

Yeh, I think contact tracing will improve, I know the IT systems have been slow to get going.

16 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

He posted a video on Instagram of himself playing in the garden with his little boy yesterday, so I doubt it.

Yeah, usual FB rubbish I reckon (it was my wife who saw it). Some odd comments on the Norwich City group there. More than on here certainly. People seem happy to spread lots of wrong rumours. Yet on Emi there were a couple of tweets hinting too. I think we can assume it's rubbish.

Another rumour is we are down to two available CBs. Hanley hamstring and another 'unavailable'. From what I've heard I really hope the rumour is wrong.

6 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

I've heard it'sĀ Rupp.

The player, via his club, has requested that his privacy and confidentiality be respected...so whether youve heard its a rumour, know for sure, or just guessing,Ā  this is not respecting what the player has asked for.

20 minutes ago, Essjayess said:

The player, via his club, has requested that his privacy and confidentiality be respected...so whether youve heard its a rumour, know for sure, or just guessing,Ā  this is not respecting what the player has asked for.

Fine. But if he or any other player is not selected for the matchday squad on Friday then it'sĀ  obviously difficult to quash rumours.Ā 

1 hour ago, Capt. Pants said:

Another rumour is we are down to two available CBs. Hanley hamstring and another 'unavailable'. From what I've heard I really hope the rumour is wrong.

Zimmermann wasn't expected to be fit for Friday and Hanley hamstring is gathering pace.

Welcome back Timm!

Webber has been on a podcast today where he's revealed the player in question has now come back negative with an internal test done by the club, and is now awaiting a third test to see if they have the antibodies.

To sum up, I don't think anyone really knows what is going onĀ šŸ˜‚

Interesting news if the player has indeed tested negative now. Not sure where that leaves us in terms of the 7 days?

On a different note if Hanley and Zimmerman are both injured that's a blow.

10 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Looks like it was a false positive.

Or a false negative....

Ā 

I'll just.leave this here (and yes I have left it elsewhere before).Ā 

Ā 

Whoever it is, his chances of playing are classed as "slim" by the club

I think he stillĀ has to do the 7 days whether or not heā€™s now negative - a slight oddity ofĀ the testing protocols, perhaps. Ā False positives are always possible as are false negatives - the test isnā€™t actually that precise.

Edited by Branston Pickle

Just now, sonyc said:

Whoever it is, his chances of playing are classed as "slim" by the club

Is that because itā€™s a fringe player? Probably wouldnā€™t have been picked?

Great news if the third test confirms the negative test.

Even if the player is unable to play on Friday, it means the risk of the virus having spreadĀ to other members of ours and Spurs'Ā squad is very small.

Just now, Indy said:

Is that because itā€™s a fringe player? Probably wouldnā€™t have been picked?

Not something we need to worry about now. If they wanted the player to be part of the team they would not have said anything.Ā 

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

To sum up, I don't think anyone really knows what is going onĀ šŸ˜‚

Can VAR assist?Ā 

4 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can VAR assist?Ā 

Virus Assessment Result!

9 minutes ago, Greavsy said:

Can VAR assist?Ā 

not for this type of VARus

48 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Interesting news if the player has indeed tested negative now. Not sure where that leaves us in terms of the 7 days?

On a different note if Hanley and Zimmerman are both injured that's a blow.

Even more so if the player concerned is Ben Godfrey šŸ˜©

Bit unfair if the premier league testing delivers a false positive result and then our player cannot play in a crucial game even though other tests show him to be negative.

Surely the antibody tests won't necessarily show anything yet as my understanding is that its only after about 28 days that antibodies start to show up in significant numbers?

Ā 

1 hour ago, Greavsy said:

Can VAR assist?Ā 

If they apply the current VAR system of drawing lines on the pitch and measuring everything to within the last half centimetre to making sure the players are 2m apart, each game will last about 4 months.