TIL 1010

Black Lives Matter On PL Shirts.

Wow, big positive statement.

Hopefully they’ll put money where mouth is too, and make concrete moves to redress the balance at various levels 

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Orly said:

I'm getting my popcorn ready for this thread in advance.

Its likely to happen. But the big questions is, which 'back in my day' poster will it be?

23 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Its likely to happen. But the big questions is, which 'back in my day' poster will it be?

That comment is ageist, I’m going out to look for a statue of a young person to pull down

• Haha 4

2 hours ago, Too Bad said:

People should  up on BLM philosophy before blindly endorsing the catchy slogan. 

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Black_Lives_Matter

Guiding principles

According to the Black Lives Matter website, there are thirteen guiding principles that should apply to those who choose to become involved under the Black Lives Matter banner, among them Diversity, Globalism, Empathy, Restorative justice and Intergenerationality

https://blacklivesmatter.com/

I do hope this is only a one off

as it's bad enough having righties over exciting themselves about plots to blow up Baden-Powell's tourist attraction, being reminded of Churchill's past - and even more upsetting

poor Mr Farage having a bus hired by LBC Staff to put over the message that he is no long welcome at the radio station

image.png.28868ad43b3d5b1b44a74a5647cbdbde.png

2 hours ago, Bill said:

I do hope this is only a one off

as it's bad enough having righties over exciting themselves about plots to blow up Baden-Powell's tourist attraction, being reminded of Churchill's past - and even more upsetting

poor Mr Farage having a bus hired by LBC Staff to put over the message that he is no long welcome at the radio station

image.png.28868ad43b3d5b1b44a74a5647cbdbde.png

Saw 'last post by Bill'. Cracked a smile and not ashamed to admit that as the page loaded, I was looking forward to what forward-thinking, groundbreaking blast of information I was going to be met with.

Was not disappointed 😁

3 hours ago, City fan said:

True. 

Basically it wasn't true. It was one bad thing that happened and then someone decided to stretch the facts to fit into some "pithy" fakebook take. Please do what ALOS did and look at the full facts before sharing nonsense.

• Haha 1

The anti-BLM protest who have decided to "defend our monuments and statues" today, have just been throwing **** salutes in front of the Cenotaph and fighting with police.... Almost like they have a different agenda to defending statues and monuments.

Love to hear the thoughts of some of our right wingers on here.

Edited by kick it off

What was with the old fashioned boxing move by the guy in the light blue polo?😀

8 hours ago, Too Bad said:

People should  up on BLM philosophy before blindly endorsing the catchy slogan. 

Precisely, I studied it all in all it's venom in some detail yesterday evening.

Beginning in the US it's aims are as disturbing as are those of the red-necked hard right.

Extremes in one direction  breed extremes in the other. I detest both in equal proportions.

Already the smouldering BNP in the UK are lining up for a fight today. Throw in rentamob an the anarchic brigade and London could be chaos by the time this kicks off and the curfew will be as irrelevant as the lives of the vulnerable (cancer patients,diabetics, people with high blood pressure, the old and infirm...the list is endless) seem to have become.

The peaceful protesters are being naive and their leaders will lose control as their good intentions are replaced by violence. It happened last week and before. Today could be worse.

All this in the middle of a pandemic which has reportedly killed over 50,000 already and is still around waiting to pounce in full force again.

Horrific.

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

Clearly the hard right ‘defenders’ of statues and war memorials are using the BLM movement to seek violent conflict just as the hard left agitators did last week. Neither can be justified.

For me the bigger picture is that all lives matter. We cannot change our history but certainly can learn from it. If our history is eradicated then we shall learn nothing. Slavery was part of our history as was being the first European nation to abolish it and using the Royal Navy to intercept slave ships. Bonded labour slavery is common in India and Pakistan and elsewhere but where are the protests about it? 

• Like 1