Pugin

The verminous Football Lads Alliance

1 minute ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There are a lot of things I wished you guys had realised back in the sixties. We wouldn't be in such a bloody mess now if so.

more use of condoms might be one of them 😜

Further evidence backing my earlier point. Which suggests the reason this man was attacked 

and his 'mad' eyes suggest he may well have had a toot or two of Charlie during the day.

Which may have well led him to believe that his bigoted views would not attract attention

Note the large number of other white folk who were not attacked

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8422821/Pictured-Far-right-statue-defender-surrounded-baying-mob-moments-rescued.html

1 hour ago, Terminally Yellow said:

There are a lot of things I wished you guys had realised back in the sixties. We wouldn't be in such a bloody mess now if so.

I realised that our generation would be the last with manners.

I just wish that many of the protesters who think it is clever to use the stiff arm salute who wise up and realise it is not a nice thing to do.

I have never liked the terms like scab, scum etc and I don't think that salute, that must evoke awful memories for many people, is one we should be witnessing.

By all means call out the idiots who are waiting for football, a simple game they can understand, to begin again with words such as bigot or racist.

Can anybody on here please explain to me what the BLM protests are trying to achieve? What laws do they believe favour white people over black? What systems are institutionally racist and disadvantage black people? I’ve asked these questions and as of yet have not heard a single reply on what specifically they want changing. I hear endless talk of white privilege yet no examples of what whites can do that blacks can’t. I’m genuinely interested, as the way they go on you’d think the UK was apartheid South Africa, when in reality despite much provocation in defacing statues many people think important to the nations history, the best retaliation they could get was a couple of hundred skinheads out looking for a scrap

6 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

Can anybody on here please explain to me what the BLM protests are trying to achieve? What laws do they believe favour white people over black? What systems are institutionally racist and disadvantage black people? I’ve asked these questions and as of yet have not heard a single reply on what specifically they want changing. I hear endless talk of white privilege yet no examples of what whites can do that blacks can’t. I’m genuinely interested, as the way they go on you’d think the UK was apartheid South Africa, when in reality despite much provocation in defacing statues many people think important to the nations history, the best retaliation they could get was a couple of hundred skinheads out looking for a scrap

perhaps attitudes like yours might be a good starting point

and odd that since this nonsense you have not been seen (April 16th)

'The picaninnies quote has been largely taken out of context, when he was comparing Blair’s attitude towards the African continent, accusing him of having a similar mindset to the old colonialists towards the people that live there. In much the same way the letterbox quote regarding the Islamic dress has been spun into an example of his racism, when in fact he was defending their right to wear it. Though I’m sure you were well aware of this already, and you simply wanted another excuse to disparage the PM because you don’t like him '

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, Bill said:

That’s the sort of idiotic response I mean. It makes no attempt to answer the question, it merely lazily tries to portray anybody who won’t blindly follow the protests as racist or ignorant. What specifically is it about the system that you find racist? What laws are there to solely benefit white people to the detriment of others?

I’ll admit I have very little time for BLM, funded as it is by billionaires and whose goals include the overthrow of capitalism and abolition of the police, according to their manifesto on their website anyway 

4 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

That’s the sort of idiotic response I mean. It makes no attempt to answer the question, it merely lazily tries to portray anybody who won’t blindly follow the protests as racist or ignorant. What specifically is it about the system that you find racist? What laws are there to solely benefit white people to the detriment of others?

I’ll admit I have very little time for BLM, funded as it is by billionaires and whose goals include the overthrow of capitalism and abolition of the police, according to their manifesto on their website anyway 

Is any of that true? Please give us examples.

10 hours ago, Bill said:

Further evidence backing my earlier point. Which suggests the reason this man was attacked 

and his 'mad' eyes suggest he may well have had a toot or two of Charlie during the day.

Which may have well led him to believe that his bigoted views would not attract attention

Note the large number of other white folk who were not attacked

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-8422821/Pictured-Far-right-statue-defender-surrounded-baying-mob-moments-rescued.html

Remind me again who it is that is misrepresenting things to suit their agenda?  

"Someone" (not even necessarily the bloke in question) was alleged to have shouted something so its ok for this bloke (who may or may not be far right but you have no doubt was and not only that but must be coked up) to be beaten unconscious by a frenzied mob is it? A frenzied mob who according to your info should have been at Charing Cross so what were they doing there beating up this guy and several other lone blokes and then trying to storm the station.

Two wrongs don't make a right except it seems in your world Bill.

5 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

Remind me again who it is that is misrepresenting things to suit their agenda?  

"Someone" (not even necessarily the bloke in question) was alleged to have shouted something so its ok for this bloke (who may or may not be far right but you have no doubt was and not only that but must be coked up) to be beaten unconscious by a frenzied mob is it? A frenzied mob who according to your info should have been at Charing Cross so what were they doing there beating up this guy and several other lone blokes and then trying to storm the station.

Two wrongs don't make a right except it seems in your world Bill.

do carry on making up stuff - you seem to be quite good at,and well versed in, it

makes me wonder who you are usually 🤔

36 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Is any of that true? Please give us examples.

These were some of the extreme elements of the protest, though you’re right it may well have been the hard left using the protests to push through their own agenda. George Soros however is a major benefactor to BLM.

How about my original points regarding the aims of the protests relevant to the UK. What specifically do they feel is unfair about the system? 

54 minutes ago, Bill said:

and odd that since this nonsense you have not been seen (April 16th)

'The picaninnies quote has been largely taken out of context, when he was comparing Blair’s attitude towards the African continent, accusing him of having a similar mindset to the old colonialists towards the people that live there. In much the same way the letterbox quote regarding the Islamic dress has been spun into an example of his racism, when in fact he was defending their right to wear it. Though I’m sure you were well aware of this already, and you simply wanted another excuse to disparage the PM because you don’t like him '

I got bored quite frankly by that thread going round in circles with nobody answering the questions being asked, just regurgitating the same statements over and over. I was hoping this time it may be different? 

I've tried to stay out of this and probably will regret failing.

@Terminally Yellow I don't believe that @keelansgrandad is racist, I actually believe that he is colourblind, however, as I have come to realise that does have its own set of problems. If you treat everyone equally then that is ignoring the inherent disadvantages that many of the non-white communities have to overcome. Due to previous discrimination and treatment they generally come from areas which have poorer quality housing, worse performing schools, parents in a lower socio-economic class and worse health care. This is a disadvantage that they already have to overcome, so it isn't that there is a specific system or institution that needs to be fixed, it is that from the very start of life they are subconsciously made to feel that their lives are less important. I'm not ignorant to the fact that many white families are in a similar situation, but as a proportion of the relative populations it is much smaller, and we do see this same behaviour about 'class' e.g. council estates inf the 80s, however, it is much easier to hide that than it is the colour of ones skin. This also leads into a vicious cycle of people believing they are worth less so acting like they are, which makes it into a self-fulfilling prophecy of lower achievement and life expectation. The situation in this country is not as bad as in the states or even somewhere like New Zealand with the Maoris, but it is still present and a significant factor. 

When those protestors in Truro were chanting History Matters, they were spot on, history does matter, history has led us to this situation and without allowing for the historical treatment of people we can't address the social imbalances that exist. It is true that all lives matter, it is true that history matters and it is true that black lives matter, but we are not just talking about the taking of lives, we are talking about their lives from the second they are born. The point I am trying to make is colourblindness would be ideal of everyone had it and everyone started equal, neither of these are true and that is why we have the protests and that is why we (unfortunately) need things like positive discrimination to help rebalance the system. In this country we are in a FAR better place than we were even 30 years ago, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

These were some of the extreme elements of the protest, though you’re right it may well have been the hard left using the protests to push through their own agenda. George Soros however is a major benefactor to BLM.

How about my original points regarding the aims of the protests relevant to the UK. What specifically do they feel is unfair about the system? 

What does George Soros have to do with this? He is a philanthropist who tries to address social imbalances and unfairness. 

As to your original point have a read of my essay above, hopefully it will answer your question a bit (TLDR it is not something specific about the system, it is the system in general)

Just now, cornish sam said:

What does George Soros have to do with this? He is a philanthropist who tries to address social imbalances and unfairness. 

As to your original point have a read of my essay above, hopefully it will answer your question a bit (TLDR it is not something specific about the system, it is the system in general)

Soros is convenient demon for quite a few. 

Bit amused by the idea of these billionaires who are apparently desperate to...overthrow capitalism?

17 minutes ago, cornish sam said:

@Terminally Yellow I don't believe that @keelansgrandad is racist, I actually believe that he is colourblind, however, as I have come to realise that does have its own set of problems. If you treat everyone equally then that is ignoring the inherent disadvantages that many of the non-white communities have to overcome. Due to previous discrimination and treatment they generally come from areas which have poorer quality housing, worse performing schools, parents in a lower socio-economic class and worse health care. This is a disadvantage that they already have to overcome, so it isn't that there is a specific system or institution that needs to be fixed, it is that from the very start of life they are subconsciously made to feel that their lives are less important. I'm not ignorant to the fact that many white families are in a similar situation, but as a proportion of the relative populations it is much smaller, and we do see this same behaviour about 'class' e.g. council estates inf the 80s, however, it is much easier to hide that than it is the colour of ones skin. This also leads into a vicious cycle of people believing they are worth less so acting like they are, which makes it into a self-fulfilling prophecy of lower achievement and life expectation. The situation in this country is not as bad as in the states or even somewhere like New Zealand with the Maoris, but it is still present and a significant factor. 

When those protestors in Truro were chanting History Matters, they were spot on, history does matter, history has led us to this situation and without allowing for the historical treatment of people we can't address the social imbalances that exist. It is true that all lives matter, it is true that history matters and it is true that black lives matter, but we are not just talking about the taking of lives, we are talking about their lives from the second they are born. The point I am trying to make is colourblindness would be ideal of everyone had it and everyone started equal, neither of these are true and that is why we have the protests and that is why we (unfortunately) need things like positive discrimination to help rebalance the system. In this country we are in a FAR better place than we were even 30 years ago, but there is still a lot of work to be done.

So the problem is economic rather than anything race related? Accusing white people and the system of being racist is completely wrong. I’ll agree a higher proportion of black people do live in poorer households, though I’d put that down to having less inter generational wealth than any racist policies. You have to remember most have only been in Britain for a couple of generations, and the first arrivals turned up with very little in the way of money or formal education, so they simply haven’t had chance to build up wealth in the same way as a number of white families who have been here much longer. 

However a black child from a middle class household in Surrey will have much better opportunities in life than a white kid living with a single mum on a council estate in Grimsby. I’ll agree privilege exists, however I just don’t believe it’s racial

Edited by Fen Canary

18 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

So you made all this stuff up, none of it is mentioned on thier website.

14 minutes ago, king canary said:

Bit amused by the idea of these billionaires who are apparently desperate to...overthrow capitalism?

A very rich Jewish man getting the blame. Well I never. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, king canary said:

Soros caused a lot of pain for millions of people due to his actions leading to Black Wednesday. If the left can vilify Churchill or Gandhi for the holding views common of the time, despite the good things both men achieved, why should a bit of philanthropy absolve Soros of the mess he caused?

Fen, how comes you don't ever ask who is funding the Conservative party, Brexit, Tommy Robinson, all the think tanks etc. An old billionaire Jewish fellow is the least of your problems. 

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

So you made all this stuff up, none of it is mentioned on thier website.

There have been elements calling for the overthrow of capitalism as a white supremacist system, and Minneapolis have voted to disband the police as per the demands of the protestors, something thankfully the Governor had the sense to ignore. However you’re right I can’t find it on the website on their actual manifesto, I’m not entirely sure what I’ve got that mixed up with. 

Now could we go back to the original questions I asked? Otherwise this ends up as a pointless distraction 

16 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

However a black child from a middle class household in Surrey will have much better opportunities in life than a white kid living with a single mum on a council estate in Grimsby. I’ll agree privilege exists, however I just don’t believe it’s racial

Racial privilege absolutely exists and I've seen it in action.

However it isn't the only privilege that exists. Racial privilege, gender privilege, class privilege, all play a part. 

I agree that some who are very big on identity politics will absolutely overplay the importance of one privilege over another, but they all exist.

• Thanks 1

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

Fen, how comes you don't ever ask who is funding the Conservative party, Brexit, Tommy Robinson, all the think tanks etc. An old billionaire Jewish fellow is the least of your problems. 

The Tories funding could easily be found on their website I imagine, as most donations have to be recorded. Brexit was a referendum, there were rich people funding both sides. Tommy Robinson is irrelevant to anything, just a lunatic shouting from the sidelines

2 minutes ago, king canary said:

Racial privilege absolutely exists and I've seen it in action.

However it isn't the only privilege that exists. Racial privilege, gender privilege, class privilege, all play a part. 

I agree that some who are very big on identity politics will absolutely overplay the importance of one privilege over another, but they all exist.

Where does racial privilege exist though, in what examples? I’ll agree racism exists, the world will always have bigots, but what systems benefit a white person at the expense of a black person? 

17 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

So the problem is economic rather than anything race related? Accusing white people and the system of being racist is completely wrong. I’ll agree a higher proportion of black people do live in poorer households, though I’d put that down to having less inter generational wealth than any racist policies. You have to remember most have only been in Britain for a couple of generations, and the first arrivals turned up with very little in the way of money or formal education, so they simply haven’t had chance to build up wealth in the same way as a number of ****e families who have been here much longer. 

No, the problem is not economic, the problem is societal. Ignoring the fact that race has played a massive part in society being shaped how it is now is missing the point. 

A big part of the problem for black communities is the opportunities they get. You say a black kid from a middle class town in Surrey will have better life opportunities than a white kid living on a Grimsby estate, yes that is probably true, BUT that black kid will have worse opportunities than the white kid who lives next door and that white kid from Grimsby will have better opportunities than the black kid down the road. This is in part due to the fact that there is an awful lot of subconscious bias applied, whilst it is not intended it is a facet of racism. Because a greater proportion of the black population comes from a worse background that affects our initial impression of people. There have been many studies done where things like CVS are doctored to test this, give an assessor the same CV with a white name on and a black name they will give the white name the interview more than the black name, similarly, stripping names off the CV and they will give black candidates more interviews. It's not a conscious decision and there are some arguements that it is an evolutionary thing (to favour people that you think are similar to you), but, that should not be used as an excuse to not try and fix things.

The other issue is that without seeing people like you achieve things you don't think you can do it, it causes another self defeating feedback loop that means people don't even try to overcome it and then if someone does achieve it then it can bread massive imposter syndrome and a lack of self-confidence because of thinking that they have only achieved what they have because of the colour of their skin rather than their ability (Marques brownlee, a tech youtuber, expressed this point very well here: https://youtu.be/o-_WXXVye3Y).

I don't know how to fix the system, but the first step is accepting that there is a problem with the system, as I said above it applies to all skin colours and could be viewed in a similar way to the class problems 100 years ago, but, it disproportionately impacts people who are not white. The problem in this country is not as pronounced as it is elsewhere, but still exists. The adoption of Black Lives Matter as the rallying call here is probably not as helpful as it could be, but by doing so it is tapping into global (well western) wide sentiment that the system has been skewed against them and it needs to be addressed. The first step to fixing a problem is accepting there is a problem, just because you don't think there is a problem does not mean that people aren't battling against it every single day of their lives.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

The Tories funding could easily be found on their website I imagine, as most donations have to be recorded. Brexit was a referendum, there were rich people funding both sides. Tommy Robinson is irrelevant to anything, just a lunatic shouting from the sidelines

A hint. They are all linked. 

1 hour ago, cornish sam said:

This is an excellent post and explanation in my view. There is clearly legitimacy to the BLM cause and its rooted in removing the social equality that sees such communities at a disadvantage. Windrush was a stark example of this. probably just an administrative c**k up at first but the time it took to realise there was a problem and response to it (until the media started to focus on it) was pathetic and would not have happened to middle class, white people. This is not a quick fix, however, these things do take time to come to fruition because the benefits of changes and improvements made now may not become fully evident for several years.

I do think though it is helpful to the discussion (and indeed perhaps keeping the situation on the streets calmer) to acknowledge that whilst not perfect the situation (for example with the police) in the UK is nothing like as bad as the US and that we as a country have (despite claims to the contrary) made massive strides in recent years in comparison with many others around the globe.

57 minutes ago, Fen Canary said:

So the problem is economic rather than anything race related? Accusing white people and the system of being racist is completely wrong. I’ll agree a higher proportion of black people do live in poorer households, though I’d put that down to having less inter generational wealth than any racist policies. You have to remember most have only been in Britain for a couple of generations, and the first arrivals turned up with very little in the way of money or formal education, so they simply haven’t had chance to build up wealth in the same way as a number of white families who have been here much longer. 

yes and no. Poverty and socio economic disadvantages are certainly a large part of it but the point that links to race is that black communities are more likely to live in poorer areas and have lower income jobs because of the historic racial hierarchy. I get that. Its a legitimate point and something that we should strive to address. Ultimately, though addressing it comes down to social mobility and providing opportunity to those living in disadvantaged communities rather than race related legislation of which we already have plenty.

've tried to stay out of this and probably will regret failing.

@Terminally Yellow I don't believe that @keelansgrandad is racist, I actually believe that he is colourblind, however, as I have come to realise that does have its own set of problems. If you treat everyone equally then that is ignoring the inherent disadvantages that many of the non-white communities have to overcome. Due to previous discrimination and treatment they generally come from areas which have poorer quality housing, worse performing schools, parents in a lower socio-economic class and worse health care. This is a disadvantage that they already have to overcome, so it isn't that there is a specific system or institution that needs to be fixed, it is that from the very start of life they are subconsciously made to feel that their lives are less important. I'm not ignorant to the fact that many white families are in a similar situation, but as a proportion of the relative populations it is much smaller, and we do see this same behaviour about 'class' e.g. council estates inf the 80s, however, it is much easier to hide that than it is the colour of ones skin. This also leads into a vicious cycle of people believing they are worth less so acting like they are, which makes it into a self-fulfilling prophecy of lower achievement and life expectation. The situation in this country is not as bad as in the states or even somewhere like New Zealand with the Maoris, but it is still present and a significant factor. 

Shows you how naive I am Sam, I didn't realise Terminally Yellow (is that his football club or spine) was calling me a racist.

I do find it strange that some posters attack people without knowing anything about them. Not knowing that my Step Father in Law is from Mauritius or that I have Black friends. Or what faith I may have been brought up with, but since discarded.

Trouble is, I have always tried to find a balance in life. And although a Socialist, I would never dismiss any other point of view without listening and contemplating.

And I am amazed that so many people at the moment think that previous generations haven't tried to eradicate Racism. Just the same as any other law of the country, there is legislation, the Race Relations Act, that is there to ensure that people of ethnic minorities are treated equally in the law.

We as a nation are unable to stop people having racist thoughts but can stop them committing racist acts. So why aren't we?

So I object when people accuse other people of being racist when they look at the problem as a whole and listen to what a racist's reasons are for being that way. In fact, I have had many discussions with people whose language about ethnicity in this country is not nice and asked them to stop using those words in my company. And have told them that I totally reject any argument they may have as to why they think they are superior to other people just because of the colour of their skin.

I always remember when living in New Zealand having a beer with a Maori chap I worked with. After a couple of drinks he got a bit serious about the Pakeha (white man) had stolen Maori land and mistreated them. Another beer and he got slightly aggressive because I told him his race has done the the same to the previous indigenous race in NZ. And I pointed out that 6 Million of my background had been tortured and murdered in just one era of history and in fact had been persecuted for much longer. He was man enough to agree.

As a youngster, my upbringing was loving but economically poor because as a Communist, my Father was blackballed from working and receiving benefits as a consequence. In fact I went hungry many times and clothes were mended rather than replaced. And no coal for the fire.

Now people could say that it was my Father's fault and he could have denounced Communism and got back to work. But I admired him for what he was doing because he believed it was right.

So this brings me around to protests. Why just march aimlessly? Do as I have and email your MP. Tell him there are laws in this country and you want them applied. Apply pressure. Don't march just because your mate is or you think its fashionable. Don't use terms that are out of order.

Yes you will be provoked by Robinson's crew. But they are likely to be breaking the law so tell the police. Email your MP again. Tell the media. Apply pressure. In fact, show us that you mean it and have the backbone to complete the job.

• Like 1