Pugin

The verminous Football Lads Alliance

1 minute ago, BroadstairsR said:

I didn't enjoy it much.It got better as it went on and the last two years in the 6th.were quite good. Some of the teachers actually became human beings.

My sister went to the Notre Dame in Norwich (not our religion, but she was cleverer enough to gain a place) and I used to remember envying the way she was enjoying everyday of her school life. 

It was good from a scholastic point of view.You came out with a stack of '0' and 'A' levels and you spoke French and knew Latin but it was a million miles away from providing the all-round education that they talk about today.

True, but there were one or two teachers in the early seventies that would not be allowed anywhere near a school nowadays. The PE teacher for one was very odd indeed. There was also an English teacher who had flown Wellington Bombers in the war.....he was a Brute, had no reservations about slapping a boy full in the face if he' didnt like the look on it'......As happened to a friend of mine,now passed away, in front of the whole class. I can remember it, and his name ,like it was yesterday.

11 minutes ago, yellowrider120 said:

Thank you for confirming what I said in a previous post that anyone who expresses any political views different from yours are badged up as 'far right'. In answer to your point I stand by what I said 100%. There is a world of difference between being concerned at Radical Islam (or am I mistaken and the London Bridge, Manchester Arena and Westminster Bridge  murders didn't actually happen??) and standing up for an ethnic group (of the same religion) which is being treated appallingly by a Communist dictatorship.

yes, you do have a long and proud history of standing up for ethnic groups

.... dating all the way back to

............................yesterday evening

1 minute ago, Bill said:

C'mon then, mr know It all , what have you actually done to improve the world, other than tell everyone in it how wrong they are and how right you are.

Liar and Coward.

27 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

C'mon then, mr know It all , what have you actually done to improve the world, other than tell everyone in it how wrong they are and how right you are.

Liar and Coward.

good to see you are still blocking me hand crank 😆

so many names you forget who is who

but at least you know which ones (righties) to defend

35 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Liar and Coward.

I hope you don't mind Corky, but may I add 'bigot' to your list of his characteristics?

I've never met someone quite as intolerant to other people's views as he.

The video below seems more appropriate than ever in the current climate, even more so when taking account of the person presenting it.

...and yes Bill, he's talking about you.

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Haha 1

blimey, who will be next

bagster, Joanna Grey, Nightfly ?

odd how quickly these names suddenly log in and reply

it's almost as if they have been watching and then pop out when needed, as hand crank gets caught lying,

as about 30 mins ago he agreed with plod how he had blocked me - whereas if he was logged in he could not have read my post

unless he was lying

Calvin Klein Obsession for Men Eau de Toilette Spray 125ml, 125ml, large

ps you are as easy to spot as an elephant trying to hide in a tree with his toe nails painted red  😂

12 minutes ago, Bill said:

ps you are as easy to spot as an elephant trying to hide in a tree with his toe nails painted red  😂

...only you'd scream the elephant was in fact a right wing zebra just because he said the toe nail polish was crimson.

OTBC

• Haha 2

42 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I hope you don't mind Corky, but may I add 'bigot' to your list of his characteristics?

I've never met someone quite as intolerant to other people's views as he.

The video below seems more appropriate than ever in the current climate, even more so when taking account of the person presenting it.

...and yes Bill, he's talking about you.

OTBC

Be my Guest. The mans an idiot, I'm not van wink and I've  never said ive blocked him. Delusional at best.....I dont like to contemplate what he's like at his worst. A very sad  case. As well as being a liar and a coward.... he's  easily confused... to put it mildly.

What I find equally disturbing is that you cannot say anything about the minority without another minority jumping on you and calling you names.

I once questioned why there was a Black Police Officers Federation. And was called a racist. Why? All I wanted answering is why that Federation existed.

Was it because there was systemic racism in the Police Force and Black Officers needed their own Union? If not, and I suspected that as in all life, there was a certain amount of hatred, did it just exist to further the interests of Black Officers?

If the former was true then it was up to Government to eradicate it.

If it was the latter then why were Black Officers singling themselves out?

I was then berated as not understanding. Asking from a privileged position. Just fuelling the flames of division.

What? Can't anyone answer a reasonable question without being attacked verbally? Is that what this country has become?

It doesn't have to be a matter of choice. I don't hate the killers of Lee Rigby because they are black or muslim. I hate them because they mutilated a young man in the streets who was just nipping to the shops to buy some fags or something. I hate Saville, Huntley, Moat, Ryan. Because of what they were and what they did.

Its about time that some of the minority groups gave the rest of us a break from the compartmentalisation, a trait they quite rightly accuse many of doing with them.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

True, but there were one or two teachers in the early seventies that would not be allowed anywhere near a school nowadays. The PE teacher for one was very odd indeed. There was also an English teacher who had flown Wellington Bombers in the war.....he was a Brute, had no reservations about slapping a boy full in the face if he' didnt like the look on it'......As happened to a friend of mine,now passed away, in front of the whole class. I can remember it, and his name ,like it was yesterday.

Was the PE teacher called Stannard?

He gave me a hefty slippering on my rear end once.It hurt a lot for a while afterwards.

I probably deserved punishment, but that would be called assault today.

Many of the senior staff had had wartime experience and this probably influenced their approach to discipline.

The Norfolk lads I'm  sore  afraid............. Christ!! Join in please am I the only person who cannat get that song out f my head even after nearly fifty years!!! Tillo, Broado surely someone can purge me of this dirge.

I can still remember the CNS School song. Maurice Doe was the music teacher and we always had to sing it at the end of term. Load of twaddle really, just celebrating history when oiks such as me wouldn't have a chance to get to Grammar School.
I hope they don't sing it anymore as it is a piece of music that exists but is not relevant.
By the way, I think statues are a waste of brass or whatever. (Ironic that the Colston one was black). Just a simple plaque would ensure that even more deserving people could be remembered. The Blue Plaques are a very good idea.

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

Was the PE teacher called Stannard?

He gave me a hefty slippering on my rear end once.It hurt a lot for a while afterwards.

I probably deserved punishment, but that would be called assault today.

Many of the senior staff had had wartime experience and this probably influenced their approach to discipline.

That's him, first name the sort version of Richard.  If I remember rightly it was a huge old fashioned plimsol ...about size 12. He was a small man so it wasnt his own( maybe it was Tillo's)  , hed got it especially.  His after sport shower routine for the boys was very strange too, we had to run through  the showers, barely getting wet, he'd  stand and watch.  

But there were good uns too Granny Smith,maths teacher......   ..." fine fellow, fine fellow" . 

Doker Havercroft was the vicious English teacher. 

Edited by wcorkcanary

5 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

My old maths master was a navigator in Bomber Command in WW2.  He was very easy to sidetrack so we spent many interesting lessons dodging flak over the Ruhr when we should have been learning simultaneous equations.

3 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

The mans an idiot, I'm not van wink and I've  never said ive blocked him. Delusional at best.....I dont like to contemplate what he's like at his worst. A very sad  case. As well as being a liar and a coward.... he's  easily confused... to put it mildly.

Even by his laughable standards the imbecile is not having one of his best days.

Edited by TIL 1010

32 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

That's him, first name the sort version of Richard.  If I remember rightly it was a huge old fashioned plimsol ...about size 12. He was a small man so it wasnt his own( maybe it was Tillo's)  , hed got it especially.  His after sport shower routine for the boys was very strange too, we had to run through  the showers, barely getting wet, he'd  stand and watch.  

But there were good uns too Granny Smith,maths teacher......   ..." fine fellow, fine fellow" . 

Doker Havercroft was the vicious English teacher. 

Grantham-Hill (Granny Smith?) was suspect and used to be seen frequently hanging around the  boy's changing rooms. He was an odd one and, when I spent a couple of months out due to a hernia op. I was forced to copy his answers from the blackboard in order to catch up.He accused me of cheating and gave me nought for that test and a pretty hard time after that.. My old chap eventually wrote a letter of complaint to the HM, stating that I had been given no allowance or extra instruction for my absence but instead got a constant admonishment. By chance G-H saw me cycle through North Walsham a few days later with my cycling club and after that he continually wanted to befriend me by talking about cycling (I believe he had been a wheeler himself.) I gave him short shrift.I hated the man.

Doker was feared by all, but was great in the 6th.He played in a jazz band in a nearby pub in his evenings believe. Some of us pupilshad a modern jazz society and played Miles Davis and Yusef Lateef records in the lunchtime. He invited some of us to his pub to hear him play. A different animal.

Edited by BroadstairsR

6 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Doker was feared by all, but was great in the 6th.He played in a jazz band in a nearby pub in his evenings believe.

He did.  ... practiced in the gym at lunchtime and after school, we played volleyball a bad jazz soundtrack. Never fell foul of GS   , and I was good at cricket so prob ones of his faves. Did see him get a bit feisty once or twice but nothing compared to Doker and others  whose  names will come to me. 

Horden was awful. He hit out, but more frequently had fierce outbursts of rage for no particular reason.

Press preview on SKY and one reviewer refers to UK as a racist country.

I think its time to point out that Britain isn't racist, but like most other nations, has a number of citizens who are.

This is all I’ll say on this topic as ideally I only really want to discuss NCFC on here, but I feel I have to say that equating violence last weekend with violence this weekend, and to imply that they are as bad as each other, is to massively (and I suspect intentionally) ignore scale and proportion.

Last weekend saw tens of thousands of protestors marching against racism across the UK. Just in Bristol alone, where I live, there were maybe 10-20,000. The violence that then happened in one location near Downing Street, was as far as I know the only notable example of violence, and involved a hundred or so people. That would constitute far far less than 1% of protestors who were causing trouble that weekend. The ‘protests’ this weekend looked to have consisted almost entirely of people intent on violence, or at least physical confrontation. Closer to 75%+. The BLM protest even switched to Friday in order to avoid trouble.

Compare the proportions and you see that the violence this weekend was a completely different kettle of fish. They didn’t have any meaningful aims or any injustice to protest, they just wanted a confrontation, and we all know it.

And as a Bristolian I know how long people have peacefully tried to get that statue down, only to be thwarted by shady unelected powers like the Merchant Venturers. Pulling it down was not an act of thuggery or violence towards fellow human beings, it was an act of desperation which was subsequently celebrated by the majority. The only shame was that it was still standing in 2020.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 3

52 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

This is all I’ll say on this topic as ideally I only really want to discuss NCFC on here, but I feel I have to say that equating violence last weekend with violence this weekend, and to imply that they are as bad as each other, is to massively (and I suspect intentionally) ignore scale and proportion.

Last weekend saw tens of thousands of protestors marching against racism across the UK. Just in Bristol alone, where I live, there were maybe 10-20,000. The violence that then happened in one location near Downing Street, was as far as I know the only notable example of violence, and involved a hundred or so people. That would constitute far far less than 1% of protestors who were causing trouble that weekend. The ‘protests’ this weekend looked to have consisted almost entirely of people intent on violence, or at least physical confrontation. Closer to 75%+. The BLM protest even switched to Friday in order to avoid trouble.

Compare the proportions and you see that the violence this weekend was a completely different kettle of fish. They didn’t have any meaningful aims or any injustice to protest, they just wanted a confrontation, and we all know it.

And as a Bristolian I know how long people have peacefully tried to get that statue down, only to be thwarted by shady unelected powers like the Merchant Venturers. Pulling it down was not an act of thuggery or violence towards fellow human beings, it was an act of desperation which was subsequently celebrated by the majority. The only shame was that it was still standing in 2020.

Great post.

It certainly seemed the 'protestors' who showed up this weekend wanted a fight and when they didn't get one with BLM they had one with the police. 

The BLM protest also didn't have the stench of unrelenting hypocrisy running through them. People who claim to be so concerned about protecting a statue of Churchill (a man who led this country to victory of fascists) throwing fascist salutes doesn't make any sense. Similarly the picture of the lads in front of the cenotaph with their banners saying they're not far right- despite one of their numbers wearing a ****ing **** stormtrooper helmet.

• Like 1

50 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

Nicely put, on par to this I was Party to watching a number of communist statues being removed from all over Prague and the former Czechoslovakia post 89. These were rightly bought down and replaced with other symbols of hope and future.

The difference here was that all over were museums and exhibits as a reminder to those days, a lesson to the future young not to allow this to happen again. Everyone should have the right to protest against all oppression, we as a nation should unite to prevent segregation and certainly need to drive all forms of racism out if existence, but we shouldn’t bury history either, different times need to be remembered. 
I’m pretty sure if we didn’t still have the levels of inequalities we have these old statues wouldn’t be so offensive, it’s not the statues but the people we need to tear down and educate them to modern thinking of full equality and the all lives matter whatever the ethnic background.

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Canarywary said:

I think 75% is a ludicrous suggestion to be honest. There were plenty of people there who were genuinely looking to protect statues or just make a point without violence. There were many though who were looking for an outlet for their anger and yes in some cases racist views but despite what we see on the news the actual number of violent flash points was probably relatively small due to the police keeping a tight grip on things. I'm not defending idiots attacking the police or rampaging through Hyde Park intimidating people having picnics or saying that the "causes" equate.

I'm also not equating anything in terms of proportion of people or the numbers involved (and would accept that the crowds this week were more aggressive because they had been wound up by a small number of acts from last weekend which had been given high profile) but what I am equating is that acts of violence towards the police or vandalism by the right wing are no better or worse than similar violence or vandalism by the left wing and vice versa. Anyone (in a UK context anyway) physically attacking people who have a different political view (or skin colour for that matter) is a violent a***hole and despite what Bill says there were a small number of quite violent attacks/assaults by small groups of protesters on both sides of the divide (or whatever you want to call it) on Saturday. Pulling a statue down is criminal damage and should be treated as such regardless of whether or not a lot of people who feel passionately don't think it should be there. Attacking the police is criminal behaviour and should not be tolerated. Its the total lack of leadership and ownership of the situation from government and indeed toleration of criminal acts that in part led to the escalation in aggression that was seen this weekend. They need to get a grip before it starts becoming a weekly event and many public figures should never have encouraged/endorsed mass gatherings during a pandemic in the way they did. 

4 minutes ago, Jim Smith said:

I think 75% is a ludicrous suggestion to be honest. There were plenty of people there who were genuinely looking to protect statues or just make a point without violence. There were many though who were looking for an outlet for their anger and yes in some cases racist views but despite what we see on the news the actual number of violent flash points was probably relatively small due to the police keeping a tight grip on things. I'm not defending idiots attacking the police or rampaging through Hyde Park intimidating people having picnics or saying that the "causes" equate.

I'm also not equating anything in terms of proportion of people or the numbers involved (and would accept that the crowds this week were more aggressive because they had been wound up by a small number of acts from last weekend which had been given high profile) but what I am equating is that acts of violence towards the police or vandalism by the right wing are no better or worse than similar violence or vandalism by the left wing and vice versa. Anyone (in a UK context anyway) physically attacking people who have a different political view (or skin colour for that matter) is a violent a***hole and despite what Bill says there were a small number of quite violent attacks/assaults by small groups of protesters on both sides of the divide (or whatever you want to call it) on Saturday. Pulling a statue down is criminal damage and should be treated as such regardless of whether or not a lot of people who feel passionately don't think it should be there. Attacking the police is criminal behaviour and should not be tolerated. Its the total lack of leadership and ownership of the situation from government and indeed toleration of criminal acts that in part led to the escalation in aggression that was seen this weekend. They need to get a grip before it starts becoming a weekly event and many public figures should never have encouraged/endorsed mass gatherings during a pandemic in the way they did. 

What a load of nonsense - aimed at peddling the same myth.

Those attacked were not innocent bystanders but those who had deliberately gone into the other group's areas looking for trouble.

The huge protests around the country were trouble free -except when the far right turned up to cause trouble.

And however  much offence is caused by only two acts of spray painting there is NO justification for shoving lines of coke up your nose and getting drunk so as to intimidate and attack others

However, as said before - the real question is why you persist in this misrepresentation. What is your motive ?

• Like 2