TeemuVanBasten

Can we sign Jordan Rhodes then?

4 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes, i wanted to know if it was an option. Its a perfectly valid question and the answer is still uncertain. 

But I wouldn't be against adding him to the squad to replace Srbeny. 

This is a player that Stuart Webber attempted to sign permanently for £0 just 10 months ago  King Canary, yet here you are trying to make out this is some sort of bizarre topic plucked straight out of the left field. 

Now who's reading comprehension is falling short.

I don't think I ever suggested it was a bizarre topic- in fact my first post on this thread was a comment on just how often this topic has been discussed.

The ever moving goalposts thing is funny to me- I probably wouldn't have called it out if you hadn't been such an unrelenting **** earlier in the thread because I didn't know the ins and outs of Sheffield Wednesdays financial situation.

To suggest you were just asking about the practicalities, when you're second post was engaging in a discussion about the relative merits of him and Drmic seems unlikely to me. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

Now who's reading comprehension is falling short.

I don't think I ever suggested it was a bizarre topic- in fact my first post on this thread was a comment on just how often this topic has been discussed.

The ever moving goalposts thing is funny to me- I probably wouldn't have called it out if you hadn't been such an unrelenting **** earlier in the thread because I didn't know the ins and outs of Sheffield Wednesdays financial situation.

To suggest you were just asking about the practicalities, when you're second post was engaging in a discussion about the relative merits of him and Drmic seems unlikely to me. 

Its true that I'm not very fond of Drmic.

You are clearly not very fond of Rhodes. 

Both of those opinions are equally valid, we are entitled to both.

But that still doesn't change the fact that Drmic is irrelevant to the question posed in my OP, and that there is room for Rhodes in the squad because Srberny departed.

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

Its true that I'm not very fond of Drmic.

You are clearly not very fond of Rhodes. 

Both of those opinions are equally valid, we are entitled to both.

But that still doesn't change the fact that Drmic is irrelevant to the question posed in my OP, and that there is room for Rhodes in the squad because Srberny departed.

Sure.

Although it is a bit funny you're complaining about people talking about Drmic in this thread when you were the first person to bring him up.

Also I'm not sure Drmic is irrelevant to the question- I'd imagine he's on a decent money and will be tough to shift next season. If he's still here, Pukki remains then the question is, do we really want to invest decent wages in another striker who will likely have no long term resale value when we have Idah waiting in the wings. 

On 15/06/2020 at 11:09, TeemuVanBasten said:

Yes he, and you, have definitely perfectly nailed the art of not answering the question posed in the OP. 

And the answer is that we still don't know whether players who become free agents on 30th June can play for a new club this season, as the Premier League have yet to clarify. There was an article about it a few days ago in a tabloid.

So the answer to the OP is "nobody knows". Not hard is it.

It is not down to you to decide which particular post I, or anyone else, responds to on a thread you kn0b..

You’re the one ignoring being called out on your blatant arrogance, suggesting you’re a far more knowledgeable City supporter than the likes of KC. The cheek to think you are qualified to comment on a NCFC topic, and the likes of KC and others aren’t because they don’t read as much as you on the subject. But you still don’t have the bo110cks to apologise to him for that.

4 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

It is not down to you to decide which particular post I, or anyone else, responds to on a thread you kn0b..

You’re the one ignoring being called out on your blatant arrogance, suggesting you’re a far more knowledgeable City supporter than the likes of KC. The cheek to think you are qualified to comment on a NCFC topic, and the likes of KC and others aren’t because they don’t read as much as you on the subject. But you still don’t have the bo110cks to apologise to him for that

Does he want an apology? Why you doing his talking for him? 

Will be apologise to Jordan Rhodes? 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

On 12/06/2020 at 20:22, hogesar said:

Drmic scored against spurs today.

Just sayin

F*ck me, Paul Hayes scored twice against Arsenal in a friendly. 

30 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Does he want an apology? Why you doing his talking for him? 

Will be apologise to Jordan Rhodes? 

I'm alright ta.

Would still love you to show me this big sales pitch on Drmic though...

18 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

King Canary slated my Rhodes thread the other day and then gave me a big sales pitch about Drmic's quality and qualities. I haven't ever seen it. 

27 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

F*ck me, Paul Hayes scored twice against Arsenal in a friendly. 

I like how despite the fact it's just an internet forum you couldn't pluck up the courage to post this until Drmic had played yesterday. Just in case..

1 hour ago, hogesar said:

I like how despite the fact it's just an internet forum you couldn't pluck up the courage to post this until Drmic had played yesterday. Just in case..

Sorry, I thought this was clear enough, forgot where I was...

On 08/06/2020 at 10:21, TeemuVanBasten said:

But Drmic is gash and needs 6 chances to score

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Right. 

Ooh as we're re bumping this one, any update on the below?

On 20/06/2020 at 14:00, king canary said:

I'm alright ta.

Drmic has a good pedigree and  I had faith in him. Since the restart he's struggled and I'm not above admitting that- but not many of our players have shone really have they?

And at any rate, if you think Jordan Rhodes would be offering more for us atm I can tell you that's nonsense.

2 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Drmic has a good pedigree and  I had faith in him. Since the restart he's struggled and I'm not above admitting that- but not many of our players have shone really have they?

And at any rate, if you think Jordan Rhodes would be offering more for us atm I can tell you that's nonsense.

Incidentally he seems to have found himself starting for Sheffield Wednesday but got subbed off at halftime today.

28 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

Could he be offering any less?

1 hour ago, king canary said:

Incidentally he seems to have found himself starting for Sheffield Wednesday but got subbed off at halftime today.

We subbed Pukki and Buendia at half time didn't we? 

38 minutes ago, Aggy said:

Nope, and I wonder how much more Drmic is on per week than Rhodes would have accepted here.

Although its not like we'd have had to choose between them, as there is room in our 25. 

I can’t legislate for the pass today as that was nonsense. But his overall movement and link up play was ok. Had a couple of decent shots blocked as well. Had Arsenals goalie spilled Idah’s shot at the start of the 2nd half, he was ready to smash it home. What are we expecting of him? He’s playing in a team that has barely scored since Xmas.

Besides, I’d like to point out that I was all for signing Rhodes pre season and was amazed that we didn’t. 

7 hours ago, Clint said:

I can’t legislate for the pass today as that was nonsense. But his overall movement and link up play was ok. Had a couple of decent shots blocked as well. Had Arsenals goalie spilled Idah’s shot at the start of the 2nd half, he was ready to smash it home. What are we expecting of him? He’s playing in a team that has barely scored since Xmas.

I’m not particularly ‘against’ Drmic. I don’t think he’s up to prem standard and definitely don’t think he’s suited to the physicality of the championship. Do I think he’s a “worse” player than Rhodes? No. Do I think Rhodes would be more effective as a back up striker in the championship - probably. Do I think either would be my first choice in the championship? No. Seems to me some on here have now dug into a position they won’t backtrack from - but if Drmic goes for one reason or another next season, then Rhodes in on the right money won’t be the worst thing in the world. If we can get someone better great.

• Like 1

10 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

We subbed Pukki and Buendia at half time didn't we? 

We did! But this thread isn't about whether we should sign Pukki or Buendia is it?

Rhodes has started the last three games. Here is his stat lines according to Whoscored...

image.png.6360050ec70bb7f87d10717f76703033.png

But yes, I'm sure the defenders are still quaking in their boots when they see his name on the teamsheet.

Also, while your replying to my posts, one last try....

On 20/06/2020 at 14:00, king canary said:

I'm alright ta.

Drmic pass across his own area was suicidal and amateur. I know we have a determination to play through and I guess he saw the opportunity to escape the press but there's no excuses for that. He won a few flick-ons when he came on but I thought his overall performance was poor.

Saying that, he's been better in other games than people have given him credit for, and again I'm not sure, ignoring that ridiculous mistake, was much worse than Pukki.

On a positive, I thought Idah was a handful, if obviously a bit raw.

11 hours ago, Aggy said:

Honestly, I'd say yes. Even playing in our side last year Rhodes was notably slow and it was quite jarring whenever Pukki had to drop out of the XI. He wasn't that threatening a finisher and he isn't a robust target man. 

I've defended Drmic and I'm a little disappointed he hasn't made a positive impact with more game time since the restart. I don't think it's going to work out for him here tbh.

But playing in a side making few chances and that subbed Teemu Pukki at half time because he looked ineffective yesterday, I just think the idea that Rhodes would somehow be doing more against PL defences (which he has no track record for doing) to be mind boggling.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

playing in our side last year Rhodes was notably slow and it was quite jarring whenever Pukki had to drop out of the XI. He wasn't that threatening a finisher and he isn't a robust target man. 

Oh right... 

Pukki started 43 out of 46 league games last season.

We won all 3 of the other games (Oct 20th, Oct 23rd, Oct 27th) with Rhodes scoring 2 goals. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Unfortunately Drmic is another to add to the list of strikers we’ve signed who’s just not performing at city, no doubt with over 30 international caps he’s got something but it’s not here.

Was abysmal yesterday, Idah on the other hand shows how motivated to prove their worth young players can be, movement, strength and willingness to have a go.

I had suggested Drmic would be ok in the championship but I think Farke will cut him this summer.

I was at the 1-1 draw at the Hawthorns last January, when Jordan equalised against the Baggies quite late towards the end of the game right in front of us all in their away end......muckin farvellous.....

We stayed overnight post game....the stench of stale ale and stinging curried flatulence on our journey home the following day......my teeth curled and my nasal hair was hiding in the back of throat.....A Grand day and night out though, the Baggies support are a good bunch....   

2 hours ago, Mason 47 said:

I just think the idea that Rhodes would somehow be doing more against PL defences (which he has no track record for doing) to be mind boggling.

Well my point was that if Drmic was offering nothing, Rhodes can’t offer less than nothing. I’m not suggesting he’d offer more - just that both of them are ineffective at this level. In the championship, based on the little I’ve seen of Drmic,  and the style of play and physicality we’ll come up against in the championship, I think I would probably prefer Rhodes. Not because Rhodes is “better” per se (I’m sure on the continent or in a different style of play a Drmic would be far superior) but because I don’t think Drmic will be able to cut it physically at all in the championship .

Drmic also has no track record of doing it in the prem. He’s got top flight experience but not here. 

9 hours ago, Aggy said:

I’m not particularly ‘against’ Drmic. I don’t think he’s up to prem standard and definitely don’t think he’s suited to the physicality of the championship. Do I think he’s a “worse” player than Rhodes? No. Do I think Rhodes would be more effective as a back up striker in the championship - probably. Do I think either would be my first choice in the championship? No. Seems to me some on here have now dug into a position they won’t backtrack from - but if Drmic goes for one reason or another next season, then Rhodes in on the right money won’t be the worst thing in the world. If we can get someone better great.

I agree with this post 100%,  and particularly the bit I've put in bold !

• Like 1

Rhodes and the rest of the Wednesday boys haven't been paid for over a month.  No surprise given his contract is £6M p.a. so local whipers in Sheffield say. He's probably playing again just to put him in shop window.