Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Tottenham v city friendly.

58 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I hear you, but I’d imagine our competitors are already well aware of how we play by now, it’s hardly going to be earth shattering news. I mean if we suddenly start playing like Burnley, fair enough, though I will be furious ha ha

You’d think we’d waited long enough for football to return, the respective clubs showing their ‘preseason friendlies’ for free on YouTube would have been a nice touch I feel - but perhaps I’m wrong, though not seen any update about this today?

One or two people have suggested that we will try three at the back now that Klose is fit. I'd be amazed if Farke changed the habits of a lifetime now but you never know. It's also possible that one or two youngsters might get a chance but most likely it's just a case of keeping the opposition guessing about who is fit and who isn't. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, CANARYKING said:

Where is “ there “ ?

Being played at Spurs stadium.

Klose and Leitner posted little clips from them arriving, I would have guessed by the timings that they kicked off at 2pm.

There isn't even a sniff of coverage whatsoever.

1 minute ago, Mason 47 said:

Being played at Spurs stadium.

Klose and Leitner posted little clips from them arriving, I would have guessed by the timings that they kicked off at 2pm.

There isn't even a sniff of coverage whatsoever.

On the Spurs Twitter feed some of their supporters are suggesting it kicked off at 1pm. But you’re right, it’s like the game doesn’t exist - neither club is giving out any info, so obviously that is something they’ve already decided, pretty annoying really.

Someone claiming on Twitter, Spurs are 1-0 up after first 30mins, Eric Lamela. We’ll see if this is true or not I guess in a bit. Weird how it’s not been streamed because the players aren’t match for yet. We are only 7 days away from starting so really can’t be that far off the pace, and there was no problem streaming mid summer pre season friendlies before!

1 minute ago, Alex Moss said:

Someone claiming on Twitter, Spurs are 1-0 up after first 30mins, Eric Lamela. We’ll see if this is true or not I guess in a bit. Weird how it’s not been streamed because the players aren’t match for yet. We are only 7 days away from starting so really can’t be that far off the pace, and there was no problem streaming mid summer pre season friendlies before!

I'm sorry, I can't confirm or deny this detail as Tim too a swig from Tim Krul's 'bottlecam' and left it pointing at the empty stand behind his goal.

I've tried shouting at him to turn it around but he seems to ignoring me.

I really don’t care about what happens as long as no one gets injured! 

2 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm sorry, I can't confirm or deny this detail as Tim too a swig from Tim Krul's 'bottlecam' and left it pointing at the empty stand behind his goal.

I've tried shouting at him to turn it around but he seems to ignoring me.

Ha ha, that ‘update’ has now been deleted off the Spurs official feed too, so perhaps there’s something in it

Twitter whisper that we might have edged this 2-1. Difficult to tell in amongst all the weirdos saying things like 'Norwich won 3-0 all goals scored by Rupp'

It's genuinely easier to get information out of North Korea than it is to find anything reliable on this game!

Most sensible storyline seems to be 2-1 Norwich win. A game of four 30 minute periods, Lamela scoring for them first before 2 for us following a raft of changes for both teams going into the last period.

2 minutes ago, Mason 47 said:

It's genuinely easier to get information out of North Korea than it is to find anything reliable on this game!

Most sensible storyline seems to be 2-1 Norwich win. A game of four 30 minute periods, Lamela scoring for them first before 2 for us following a raft of changes for both teams going into the last period.

Yep, games like this one ,the score is pretty irrelevant......as long as its not a hammering.  There'll be much more attention paid to shape, fitness etc. The four 'halves' will be treated as four mini games. Even if the line up stays the same for a couple of them.  Its mildly competitive, but thats about it. Having said that , no player likes to lose any game even training 5 a sides. As someone said in an earlier post the most gratifying result is no injuries. Fingers crossed.

Josh Martin tweeted it was a 2-1 win and he got an assist. No idea who scored though.

So the Twitter guy who got his tweets removed off the Spurs site was right when he said about Lamela giving them the lead.

But more importantly, this will be a very welcome morale booster before next week, I don’t think any player would have been treating it like jumpers for goalposts down the park 👍

Most of City's key players completed 75 mins out of the 120 minutes, so it was clear what the 'first choice XI' appears to be. Spurs had an awful lot of possession, but lacked penetration. There was one significant positional change in City's line-up and there is every indication that we will see it unveiled against Southampton. I am not saying what it was,  but I am sure that news will leak out quickly with so many players involved. It is the change that I have been waiting for - let's see how long before the EDP twig it, maybe tomorrow 🙂 

6 minutes ago, Pugin said:

Most of City's key players completed 75 mins out of the 120 minutes, so it was clear what the 'first choice XI' appears to be. Spurs had an awful lot of possession, but lacked penetration. There was one significant positional change in City's line-up and there is every indication that we will see it unveiled against Southampton. I am not saying what it was,  but I am sure that news will leak out quickly with so many players involved. It is the change that I have been waiting for - let's see how long before the EDP twig it, maybe tomorrow 🙂 

I’m going to take a wild guess and say it’s Klose returning in a back 5, Pugin? Can’t see what else it can be!

30 minutes ago, Alex Moss said:

I’m going to take a wild guess and say it’s Klose returning in a back 5, Pugin? Can’t see what else it can be!

Not even Klose 😉

On 07/06/2020 at 16:15, Mello Yello said:

Anyone know when the tickets for the Spurs friendly game don't go on sale?......

😁

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Ben in DM.? 

I was going to post this as a joke Corkio, but I seriously hope not, the crowing from the armchair managers who wanted it will be unbearable 🤮.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1