Sign in to follow this  
Greavsy

Tottenham v city friendly.

Seems like a good idea. Two evenly matched teams who have already fought three close matches this season. It will be a good test for both sides in preparation for the restart.

7 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

It doesn't say where it will be played not that it really matters for the fans.

I read it as away at Tottenham, but agree it doesn't actually state that. 

You started the thread at 4.50pm Greavsy and 20 minutes later it is published by Archant. A coincidence or is somebody looking at this forum for info ? 😜

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Could be somewhere like Cambridge, would be in the 90 minute travel rule for both clubs

You might be right FF but Scum HQ also fits the bill.

13 minutes ago, FenwayFrank said:

Could be somewhere like Cambridge, would be in the 90 minute travel rule for both clubs

I disagree, surely part of it is to test the grounds and give everyone an experience of playing home and away in the grounds that will be used, and they can be used within the safety  guidelines. 

I wouldn't be surprised if teams using the entrance near the score board, turn up, play and then leave, as not sure changing rooms etc are off limits. 

17 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

You started the thread at 4.50pm Greavsy and 20 minutes later it is published by Archant. A coincidence or is somebody looking at this forum for info ? 😜

I must be honest Til I looked to see if anyone else had mentioned it, but couldn't see anything in the main site or the forum, so posted. 

Just popped up on my alerts, so thought I'd share. Up until now I thought we were only playing qpr. So I would assume it's spurs away and qpr at home, if the dates work. 

As per my other post, don't see much value in playing friendlies at training grounds / neutral venues. 

There will be a similar thread started, round about Wednesday, if true to form.

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, Van wink said:

Which week?

Edited by All the Germans

2 minutes ago, All the Germans said:

Which week?

A very reasonable question. It may be linked to a populist thread about the Scum.

6 minutes ago, Matt Juler said:

It could also easily be played at Tottenham's training centre in Enfield. 

Other than the actual playing / footballing side, that's not what these friendlies are for as I understand. 

Whilst that is a benefit It's also to make the players get used to playing in large empty stadia,  and the mechanics of hosting that too. 

Edited by Greavsy

1 minute ago, Greavsy said:

Other than the actual playing / footballing side, that's not what these friendlies are for as I understand. 

Whilst that is a benefit It's also to make the players get used to playing in large empty stadia,  and the mechanics of hosting that too. 

Presumably why they have also been training at Carrow Road 

• Like 2

49 minutes ago, Mello Yello said:

Anyone know when the tickets for the Spurs friendly game don't go on sale?......

They've not been on sale for ages. There's no chance that they've not not sold out... I think.

4 minutes ago, Trevor Hockey's Beard said:

They've not been on sale for ages. There's no chance that they've not not sold out... I think.

Do you have to be member of the elite 750 to not get a ticket?

15 hours ago, Van wink said:

With a link to a dubious stream no doubt.

17 hours ago, TIL 1010 said:

I don’t think that’s a coincidence, John, many a time I notice that it appears what’s posted on this message board prompts many of publications. It might be a thread about a debate on something and then one of the writers picks up on it and has their say, which is fair enough. I remember posting on here on a Saturday early evening that my friend who’s a relative of a current Liverpool player told me that Cantwell will be joining Liverpool this summer to replace the squad position of the departing Adam Lallana  (not sure if Covid-19 has affected this though) and miraculously within something like 16 hours later it was on their transfer rumours updates, by the Monday it was a snippet in many of the national rags. I got in trouble for that ha ha. Can’t say that it’s certain I’m responsible but I found it more than a bit strange and one hell of a coincidence given that there was no firm link to this previously so it makes you wonder.

p.s I reckon the Spurs game might be on YouTube.

On 07/06/2020 at 18:28, Van wink said:

Accompanied by a full and frank apology, not just to me but to everyone he has accused of ,well, pretty much anything really. 

• Haha 1

On 07/06/2020 at 18:28, Van wink said:

Is today the day winky ?

On 08/06/2020 at 09:55, TIL 1010 said:

With a link to a dubious stream no doubt.

Oh you mean the modestly titled Bill tv .... where  some  guy posts a link to someone elses  hard work and then alludes to creating such work themselves.

Breaking news.  .   Bill tv has been renamed  Charlatan  TV.

On 08/06/2020 at 11:13, Alex Moss said:

I don’t think that’s a coincidence, John, many a time I notice that it appears what’s posted on this message board prompts many of publications. It might be a thread about a debate on something and then one of the writers picks up on it and has their say, which is fair enough. I remember posting on here on a Saturday early evening that my friend who’s a relative of a current Liverpool player told me that Cantwell will be joining Liverpool this summer to replace the squad position of the departing Adam Lallana  (not sure if Covid-19 has affected this though) and miraculously within something like 16 hours later it was on their transfer rumours updates, by the Monday it was a snippet in many of the national rags. I got in trouble for that ha ha. Can’t say that it’s certain I’m responsible but I found it more than a bit strange and one hell of a coincidence given that there was no firm link to this previously so it makes you wonder.

p.s I reckon the Spurs game might be on YouTube.

I doubt we will want anyone else to see it. 

On 10/06/2020 at 21:11, dylanisabaddog said:

I doubt we will want anyone else to see it. 

I hear you, but I’d imagine our competitors are already well aware of how we play by now, it’s hardly going to be earth shattering news. I mean if we suddenly start playing like Burnley, fair enough, though I will be furious ha ha

You’d think we’d waited long enough for football to return, the respective clubs showing their ‘preseason friendlies’ for free on YouTube would have been a nice touch I feel - but perhaps I’m wrong, though not seen any update about this today?

Hasn't this kicked off yet, plenty of posts on Instagram show the team are there.  Anyone with an update on score?