Sign in to follow this  
Branston Pickle

Enhanced crowd noise

BT Sport are currently showing the Dortmund v Hertha game, including a trial of ‘enhanced crowd noise’.  Having watched a few of the games so far it does seem to add something,  though not 100% sure how it ‘works’ - if it is just generic noise and who ‘controls’ it.

Edited by Branston Pickle

I am sure the PL will approve to add further integrity to the game when it restarts.

I think it must be on the broadcast as they said there is likely to be an option to include it or not.  Seems a decent idea to me, no one would say it’s the same as the real thing but it isn’t really meant to be. 

It will be like the canned laughter in one of those unfunny comedy shows on the tellybox.

Edited by TIL 1010
  • Like 2

Just watched Dortmund and was surprised how good the crowd noises are. 

Whistles for a var pen review, and when the ref was speaking to a player. 

Applauded one for kicking the ball out. Certainly added to the game. 

My understanding is it's added by the broadcaster, and not at the ground. 

• Like 1

I'll concede it makes it more watchable...presumably someone in the bt sport studio is playing a generic soundtrack of a game ..with various buttons to push to react to cetrain events in a game ..i.e FIFA20

....Not sure whether the BBC will adopt this though, they mighr consider themselves a little highbrow for such gimmicks

Edited by GJL Mid-Norfolk Canary

Watched part of 2 of the Bundesliga games yesterday which both had the 'enhanced' crowd noise.  Thought this sounded better than the sterile non-crowd games I'd seen previously.  However, it might be a shame if any enhanced sound from the broadcaster blotted out the pitch side rants from the likes of Wilder and the on-pitch mutterings from the players, which I was looking forward to once I could understand the language again!

i think the 'impolite' words from the players has been one of the concerns raised - hence one possible reason for added crowd noise

I wonder if it will be in regional accents - or just some generic noise

ps how long before some  clubs use this next season (poorman road) ?

They shouldn't have fake crowd noise to make it seem normal. It should be sterile and fake to highlight the farce it all is.