BroadstairsR

No football, no civility.

And there's me thinking that (taken as a whole) the C19 thread was very interesting, informative and full of poster engagement!!

• Like 1

Is it me (and it usually is) but isn’t this a thread to moan about a lack of civility, only to then lack civility? 

As someone once said 

Is this the right room for an argument? 

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Yes apologies. My fault.

I got it wrong.

I made the mistake of calling the people on the wrong side of various elections bad losers. Clearly a mistake because they pounced.

Hardly an insult. It's been repeated in the media a lot.

I also insulted a well-respected forum contributor and again was clearly wrong. They pounced again.

I'll try again tomorrow. I just do not have the time or inclination to to bring the main matter up again as unfortunately I am unable to view this forum for as many hours as some can.

Sorry.

2 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's ok. Some people are struggling with the lockdown.

I'm not in lockdown so nothing to struggle with there. I won't go into details though. But it's no fun.

Are you?

I go to work. I go home.  That's it for the last few months. And I am one of the lucky ones. 

Edited by Herman

49 minutes ago, Herman said:

It's ok. Some people are struggling with the lockdown.

I count myself as one of the lucky ones to have worked throughout it. Some people must must be going stir crazy now with boredom and not knowing what day it is. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Midlands Yellow said:

I count myself as one of the lucky ones to have worked throughout it. Some people must must be going stir crazy now with boredom and not knowing what day it is. 

Strange feeling lucky to be able to go to work. Probably the first time for that in my adult life. Also a bit of guilt at the beginning as I was the only one in my whole street going out.

Jesus f*cking christ, what on earth is going on here?

Edit - I feel ashamed that I have now contributed to this, I genuinely tried to just pass by with a shake of the head, but I have let myself down!!

Edited by All the Germans
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

... this once decent discussion forum...

Stopped reading here. This place was never decent. Only Facebook is worse. I come here only as it makes me feel better about myself. 

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, BroadstairsR said:

I made the mistake of calling the people on the wrong side of various elections bad losers. Clearly a mistake because they pounced

Just read the rest of the thread.

You're a bit of a penis, aren't you? 

• Like 1

30 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Considering this is the poster who called the Pakistani cricket team 'P*kis' during the World Cup last year, this thread is hypocritical in the extreme.

Blimey you know more about my past threads than I do. A bit geeky that.

At the time I no longer believed Paki was an insult and it wasn't intended as a racist remark. After all we call Afganistanistanis Afgans nowadays .... for example.. I wasrecently called a "Brit" in a Singapore bar. Should I have taken offence? I'm British after all. I refrained from melting.

I realised my mistake about their very good team of cricketers once the snowfall took place.

Signed,

The penis.

There's a lot more to genuine racism than a mis-placed word on a football forum. 

Edited by BroadstairsR
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Blimey you know more about my past threads than I do. A bit geeky that.

At the time I no longer believed Paki was an insult and it wasn't intended as a racist remark. After all we call Afganistanistanis Afgans nowadays .... for example.. I wasrecently called a "Brit" in a Singapore bar. Should I have taken offence? I'm Britsh after all. I refrained from melting.

I realised my mistake once the snowfall took place.

Signed,

The penis.

There's a lot more to genuine racism than a mis-placed word on a football forum. 

Racism is racism. There isn’t genuine racism and unintended racism. That’s not how it works. 

And don’t be so hard on yourself. I called you a bit of a penis.

9 minutes ago, Terminally Yellow said:

Racism is racism. There isn’t genuine racism and unintended racism. That’s not how it works. 

And don’t be so hard on yourself. I called you a bit of a penis.

Absolute rubbish ...grow up. How what works you profess to being the expertafter all?

Calling people offensive names is not how it works either, unless you exist in a playground.

Besides I didn't say that it was unintended racism I said it was an unitended remark. Remark.Get it?

Edited by BroadstairsR

4 minutes ago, BroadstairsR said:

Absolute rubbish ...grow up. How what works you profess to being the expertafter all?

Calling people offensive names is not how it works either, unless you exist in a playground.

I’m not intending my posts to amount to insults, merely factual statements from my point of view. I considered you a bit of a penis. Now I’m more inclined to think you are absolutely an entire penis. 

Although I do think it’s funny you are taking the high horse about being offensive. On this thread alone you’ve called someone “a sensitive soul”, “ludicrous” and suggested those that voted remain are among a “losers club”. 

As for your first bit, I suspect only you will ever know what you meant there.

12 minutes ago, How I Wrote Elastic Man said:

Thread at Def Con 1😎

...rasped Fukuyama, briefly removing tail from mouth to take a sip of his Norfolk punch 🤓

• Haha 1