Sign in to follow this  
Cymru Canary

Earnshaw- What will he bring to the party??

Will Earnie make a difference?

After watching us totally outclassed at Reading last night, with very little idea or creation at all, what will our new signing acheive with no service from midfeild or the right.

I fear nothing!!! 

Earnie is knee high to a grasshopper, has not a great first touch, but does have electrifying pace and knows where the goal is. I fear that we have wasted 2.75 million, this is not to say he is not a class player, but he needs the same around him, unfortunately it just aint there!!! Koumas should have been priority!!!

[quote user="Cymru Canary"]

Will Earnie make a difference?

After watching us totally outclassed at Reading last night, with very little idea or creation at all, what will our new signing acheive with no service from midfeild or the right.

I fear nothing!!! 

Earnie is knee high to a grasshopper, has not a great first touch, but does have electrifying pace and knows where the goal is. I fear that we have wasted 2.75 million, this is not to say he is not a class player, but he needs the same around him, unfortunately it just aint there!!! Koumas should have been priority!!!

[/quote]

Earnshaw + Koumas would have been the WOW factor CC.

Agreed!

I am an admirer of Earnshaw - I remember a great hat trick he got for WBA at Charlton coming off the bench. But, as you say, it''s more about how Worthy uses him and our style of play. I don''t go along with all this stuff about ....''the bad buys Worthy has made''. I think he''s like every other manager  - some buys have been very good, others dodgy. The point I made at the Supporters Consultatative Group meeting last week was HOW he uses the players he signs.

IF Ernie''s service is a constant stream of long high balls out of defence with him struggling to win things in the air then forget it. We all know that this was (largely) the type of ''service'' that Ashton rec''d and which he detested. Play the ball dwn the channels and into space for Ernie to use his pace and he will do the business. Unfortuntaely that requires perception and some class on the ball. Hughes and Dixon are not going to provide that. JJ might but is clearly out of favour at Norwich. That leaves the Gerrard ''look a like'' + Safs - these two MAY be able to provide the service, if they ever get the ball that is!   

Because of his lack of height & pace, Worthington may well see him as the Wright-Phillips type and play him as a right wing back [:S]

(cue twilight zone theme music)

WBA fan here. I''m disappointed he''s had to leave us. We make a habit of falling out with strikers. I wish Earnshaw all the best at Norwich. I think he''s a really good signing for you. He''s a decent player in the premiership. Hopefully he''ll have a field day in the Championship. Hopefully he''ll get a hat trick in your final game of the season.

[quote user="KanYe West"]Why would Koumas come to Norwich. He is in the same position as Hux was. His hearts at Cardiff.[/quote]

He is also on loan from the club that sold us Earnie, he may be happy at Cardiff, but they  are cash strapped and without selling Jerome I doubt it not long before they are forced into purchasing or saying bye bye. Everyone has their price Jim, lets hope that his is pretty low.  

He''s going to get exactly the same service as Ashton, and he is smaller.....it''s not hard to work out that the forwards are more likely to lose the ball.
As an aside, anybody know what number Ratboy is getting? It would be such a shock if he gets 10 - just like when Etuhu took Francis'' all over again!