Sign in to follow this  
dylanisabaddog

Friendly against Ipswich?

The idea of a friendly is to get a decent run out and a challenge for the team prior to the competition starting to sharpen them up. In addition we would want to test the team against a decent ball playing squad who may represent something we may face when hostilities resume. 

That lot are an utter shower on the pitch and have been for many a year. It would be a waste of time and effort to play them in a friendly, even our youth team wouldn't benefit from playing their first team, other than witnessing how depressing things could get. We would be better off having a practise match against a more skilful side such as Peterborough, Colchester or even Kings Lynn.

Just for the record, I am being serious here. 

Edited by East Rider
  • Like 3

12 minutes ago, East Rider said:

The idea of a friendly is to get a decent run out and a challenge for the team prior to the competition starting to sharpen them up. In addition we would want to test the team against a decent ball playing squad who may represent something we may face when hostilities resume. 

That lot are an utter shower on the pitch and have been for many a year. It would be a waste of time and effort to play them in a friendly, even our youth team wouldn't benefit from playing their first team, other than witnessing how depressing things could get. We would be better off having a practise match against a more skilful side such as Peterborough, Colchester or even Kings Lynn.

Just for the record, I am being serious here. 

Y

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Lets Play Leeds.

• Haha 1

Ipswich would want another star on their shirt in the very unlikely event of a victory! 

Can't see how we could play any of our local teams as they are league 1at best and not contract training so what would be the point, other than to get a cricket score😁

1 hour ago, dylanisabaddog said:

Where did you hear that Matt? Sounds like a good choice to me 

A friend at work who is a QPR fan mentioned it to me, but I've since see this:

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/queens-park-rangers-put-significant-plans-in-place-for-championship-restart/https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/queens-park-rangers-put-significant-plans-in-place-for-championship-restart/

• Like 1

Bearing in mind how Paul Lambert set his side up to lump into us and 'leave a bit' on our players when we last met (3-0) I would say that there is little to no chance of Daniel wanting to risk a repeat in which one of their players could make a name for themself by injuring Teemu,  Max, Todd or Emi.

And then of course there was Lambo's histrionics on the touchline when he gave a passable impression of an ever-so-angry teenage girl who can't get her own way.

(We were lucky that the only long-term injury from that afternoon is still Freddie Sears after a long recovery from a damaged ACL, caused by playing to instructions and stretching into a very uncharacteristic late challenge).

• Like 1