and only four clubs have won more 2nd tier titles than us

Pukki is the second highest scorer ever in the Championship

and .............. err, that's it

13 hours ago, Bill said:

It appears we hold the record for being champions the longest in one season

and only four clubs have won more 2nd tier titles than us

Pukki is the second highest scorer ever in the Championship

and .............. err, that's it

I don't understand the first bit and is Pukki's record since the formation of the Premier League?

I've been a supporter since the early seventies and, on average, we've been a top end Championship/bottom end Premiership side..... I don't see that changing anytime soon.

11 minutes ago, splendidrush said:

I don't understand the first bit and is Pukki's record since the formation of the Premier League?

I've been a supporter since the early seventies and, on average, we've been a top end Championship/bottom end Premiership side..... I don't see that changing anytime soon.

That's about the size of it Splendido , cant say I mind either. Obviously would like the Club to be able to improve year on year but also aware how tricky that is. Hopefully the solid base in Academy and scouting set up will continue to produce.....as we can't play the money game. 

All in all though im ok with where we are and where we're headed......by that I am saying that im not too fussed if we're relegated, staying up would be some achievement though, here's hoping.

I just love footy. Angling is my Side **** though, so I do have the best of both. Neither supporting City or Angling guarantee me success, but its fun trying. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, splendidrush said:

I don't understand the first bit

As nobody else has won the championship, we remain champions - normally this would change after pretty much exactly a year, give or take a few days, but given the pause due to pandemic, we have held the title for more consecutive days than any other team.

Edited by kick it off

3 hours ago, kick it off said:

As nobody else has won the championship, we remain champions - normally this would change after pretty much exactly a year, give or take a few days, but given the pause due to pandemic, we have held the title for more consecutive days than any other team.

thank you

it was merely a light hearted look at the present impasse ie one that has us still as Champions of the Championship

and were we to go down then there is a good chance of us winning the title

Pukkis goals coring (29) is in the Championship. existing since 2003

all te above are correct - but are nothing more than 'grabbing glory' where we can 😉

So there's the possibility that, if the season isn't completed but we are relegated anyway, we could become the first team to win consecutive Championship titles.

• Haha 1

Remembering that there was life pre-Championship as well as pre-Premiership, Blackburn Rovers won the Division Two title in the 1938/39 season and the next champions were Man City in 1946/47, and before that Derby County won in 1914/15 and held the title until Spurs won it in 1919/20.