Sign in to follow this  
Kenny Foggo

Norwich Players taking "a knee"

41 minutes ago, South Sider said:

Did you ever Google some stuff to make a point, get carried away, forget what you were on about but just post it anyway?

You really do continue to be an irrelevant pr!ck don't you, TVB.

Oh look I've prompted somebody to login to their coward account. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

41 minutes ago, Monty13 said:

The same specific cultural and institutional issues do not really exist in this country, certainly not to anywhere near that level, and I would suggest most British people have no real understanding of the complexities of what is actually happening in the US and why.

Exactly, spot on.

Institutional police racism and racially motivated police brutality is something that has largely been stamped out in the UK, although it was once a problem in the Met. 

UK protests about racially motivated police brutality should be limited to occasions where this police brutality does occur in the UK, perpetrated by UK police on ethnic minorities in the UK. 

This is why I said "not for me", before a few people including the fingering Dutchman jumped straight on their "oh look, somebody said no so must be a Trump fanboy with a pillow case on his head" horse for daring to suggest that this is largely an American domestic political issue. 

We all know that America is a bit backwards and way behind Western Europe when it comes to the development of culture and civilisation, despite their vast wealth and quality of life.

British people demonstrating in Trafalgar Square about this issue doesn't make a great deal of sense, and it doesn't make much sense for Todd Cantwell or Teemu Pukki to participate either. 

It would be like a protest outside 10 Downing Street about there being 42 million Americans without health insurance and no provision of free at the point of use universal healthcare (hugely disproportionately black and Hispanic people without healthcare too). Guantanamo Bay is still, remarkably, open as well. 

A UK protest about how backwards and f*cked up America is? Just makes no sense. 

I'd rather our players had a close look at the various problems we have at home if using the worlds TV cameras as a platform, any of them going to speak out about the proliferation of food banks or would domestic food and fuel poverty, which disproportionately effects some of our BME communities, be an inconvenient cause for extremely wealthy people to champion?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

39 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

The irony of that comment coming from somebody who made 311 posts on here in May. 

Oh and... 98 from me, before you count. 

Wouldn't waste my time looking up someones posting history, I expect you were probably too busy looking up that 'Webber Quote' that never materialised to post much yourself.  I'm like an Elephant chap, I have thick skin and a long memory.  As an aside , its not about just quantity , there's quality there too . 

2 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

I'm like an Elephant chap, I have thick skin and a long memory.  . 

Do you also have a huge nose, twelve chins and smell bad enough to attract flies to your rear? 

• Haha 1

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Do you also have a huge nose, twelve chins and smell bad enough to attract flies to your rear? 

No , but I do have some strange bloke who is so interested in me that he bothers to look up my post count. So maybe someone's  attracted  to my rear then.👍😇   You left out the Webber quote bit, why not admit that you were mistaken? Then you wouldnt look quite as preposterous.

Edited by wcorkcanary

8 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

So maybe someone's attracted  to my rear then.👍😇  

You'd have to be a very convincing crossdresser to attract me to your rear. 

If you can make yourself look like one of the three female members of The Corrs I'll consider your offer. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, TeemuVanBasten said:

You'd have to be a very convincing crossdresser to attract me to your rear. 

Whatever floats your boat chap. There's no accounting for taste.  I wont hold it against you....you may enjoy it.

15 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

You left out the Webber quote bit, why not admit that you were mistaken? 

I invested quite a bit of time trying to find that quote, including watching every Pink'un video featuring Webber from the time period, and couldn't find it.

I am now prepared to admit that I probably was mistaken, either having misheard or attributing a later video which was him talking with the benefit of hindsight rather than projecting forward. I also note the lack of other people remembering such a quote, which if stated would have been quite a memorable one. 

Of course, I don't have any faith that this admission will stop you from mentioning it every single bloody day. But there you go. 

What happens now? Do you have a beer to celebrate?

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

Just now, wcorkcanary said:

I wont hold it against you....you may enjoy it.

And so you shouldn't, because that would be homophobic and I'd hope we had tolerant fans, and perhaps I would. 

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

2 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

I am now prepared to admit that I probably was mistaken, either having misheard or attributing a later video which was him talking with the benefit of hindsight rather than projecting forward. 

Of course, I don't have any faith that this admission will stop you from mentioning it every day.

Now who's being a little silly , I understand that an admission of fallibility must be difficult, but to suggest that I mention it every day is purely untrue. However , I would have brought it up from time to time , but now you have admitted that you were 'probably mistaken'  , you will no longer be reminded of this. Adieu.

• Thanks 1

Yes, 100% support.

This isn’t about politics, it’s about treating everybody in the world equally.

Edited by Mr Angry

1 hour ago, TeemuVanBasten said:
3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Domestic issue?   Racism is a world wide problem - and what sparked this was one of the worst things you will ever see - a black man lying on the floor being taunted to stand up by a cop while having his neck pinned to the ground.  If you have seen the full version it is repulsive, inhuman and desperate.  No wonder the US is having riots, not just from black people either.   

Also, there is big premier league interest in the US so if players do take a knee so shows solidarity and support for the issue from the UK. The more the racism exposed for what it is the better.

Yes I'm fully aware that the video was horrific, that it was clearly a murder, and that America has a problem with racially motivated police brutality. 

Those riots seem to have hijacked by anarchists though, and I'm not sure burning down the local corner shop, trashing your local library and smashing your neighbours car is very conducive to improving the lives of the people living in your community. 

I can't remember any players making political gestures when Mark Duggan or Charles Dr Menezes were killed by police in this country and I'm not sure why people are suddenly so keen for football to become a political platform or used for political grandstanding by footballers, most of whom know less about current affairs than Joey Barton and many of whom probably couldn't even name the leader of the opposition. 

The image/video of what happened to Lloyd which was clear and unequivocable to anybody that could stand to watch it all the way through, is one of those things that once you have seen it, you can't unsee it - and that is why it was so immotive.  Yes, there are examples from around the world, including the UK, but this was different.

Imo it will be one of those images that will change the world and maybe some good actually will come from this atrocity, viewed by millions and as raw and clear an example of police racism and/or brutality at it's worst.  Even if this was done to a white man, the act could not be any less shocking - but if people want to show support for this, then the more pressure it heaps on those in authority the better.  They have to react - and they have to do more than just see justice is done in this one case, they have to tackle the issue properly.   They won't, especially with Trump in charge.......but it is to be hoped the American people see sense and vote for a president that will tackle the real issues and not vote for someone who just supports issues that will get them elected.....

....mind you that supposes that a politician steps forward who is concerned with the real issues......a bit like the lack of such in the UK.....the people need to wake up and vote for real politicians, not powder puff populist charlatans.  The power of taking a knee might seem trivial to some, or pointless, but on a bigger stage, the symbolism - if done by enough people enough times - might just have an effect.

2 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing, it allows us to see who the dangerous people are. Then neutralise them.

Wonderful, you have the freedom to express your opinion but if I don’t agree you’ll be neutralised (does that include neutralisation methods such as that of the Nazis and other dictatorships).

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

The image/video of what happened to Lloyd which was clear and unequivocable to anybody that could stand to watch it all the way through, is one of those things that once you have seen it, you can't unsee it - and that is why it was so immotive.  Yes, there are examples from around the world, including the UK, but this was different.

Imo it will be one of those images that will change the world and maybe some good actually will come from this atrocity, viewed by millions and as raw and clear an example of police racism and/or brutality at it's worst.  Even if this was done to a white man, the act could not be any less shocking - but if people want to show support for this, then the more pressure it heaps on those in authority the better.  They have to react - and they have to do more than just see justice is done in this one case, they have to tackle the issue properly.   They won't, especially with Trump in charge.......but it is to be hoped the American people see sense and vote for a president that will tackle the real issues and not vote for someone who just supports issues that will get them elected.....

....mind you that supposes that a politician steps forward who is concerned with the real issues......a bit like the lack of such in the UK.....the people need to wake up and vote for real politicians, not powder puff populist charlatans.  The power of taking a knee might seem trivial to some, or pointless, but on a bigger stage, the symbolism - if done by enough people enough times - might just have an effect.

Like Obama? In hindsight what a failure he was of expectations v reality, all flash and so little substance. There was so much hope when he was elected and then I fail to truly understand what he achieved of significance in 8 years. 

My criticism isn’t really of Obama, IMO you are under the huge mistaken impression that Americans vote for a president of their choosing and then that President can get much done. The reality is the land of liberty and equality is far more elitist and run by them for them than the U.K. ever now could be. But I digress. This issue isn’t about who’s President, it’s long standing and ingrained.

Edited by Monty13

10 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

Wonderful, you have the freedom to express your opinion but if I don’t agree you’ll be neutralised (does that include neutralisation methods such as that of the Nazis and other dictatorships).

Freedom of speech is a wonderful thing once we've taken away freedom of speech from people who don't deserve freedom of speech because freedom of speech doesn't really exist or at least isn't universal. I think that's what he's saying. 

A little bit like the "land of the free" really, free for some people but not others. Like young black males. *BOOM*, irony meter is maxed out 😄

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

51 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

I Should a put a hint in there, for the hard of humour. 

So for your benefit  and that funny fella who liked your post. 😂😂

Only if they really want to. The whole issue has now become a question of racism around the world. Many black people are now raising the issue in this country.

You will never eliminate it. Never. Just as you will never eliminate murder, paedophilia, rape.

All you can hope is that the authorities keep attacking those who condone or advocate it. And it is just as important for people such as us to let those we hear supporting it, know it isn't acceptable.

• Like 1

48 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Only if they really want to. The whole issue has now become a question of racism around the world. Many black people are now raising the issue in this country.

You will never eliminate it. Never. Just as you will never eliminate murder, paedophilia, rape.

All you can hope is that the authorities keep attacking those who condone or advocate it. And it is just as important for people such as us to let those we hear supporting it, know it isn't acceptable.

This is old data from 2010/11, but here's a breakdown of employment tribunals by type:

Age Discrimination - 6800 cases

s ex ual Discrimination - 18300 cases

Racial Discrimination - 5000 cases

Religious Discrimination - 880 cases

Can't find the figure for disability discrimination or discrimination by sexual orientation, but people are tribal by n nature and will always find ways of being hateful, aggressive of discriminatory. Long before immigration the catholics and protestants were killing each other for having very slight variations in interpretation of scriptures. 

Will never go away, humans have an infinite number of ways they can divide themselves.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten