Sign in to follow this  
nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

freedom of speech as practiced by very few journalists

There are 10 jounalists imprisoned in Egypt, Julian Assange is held on remand in a corona infested terrorist prison Belmarsh, now they want to prosecute two journalists in Scotland for daring to report factual realities form the Alex Salmond jury trial, which he won hands down.

Apparently this does not stop sour grapes in the judiciary and hey presto, contempt of court charges for 'jicksaw puzzle identification' of one of the accused, when no such thing happened from either Craig Murray or Mark Hirst. These two are being charged and their case is heard on the 10.June in front of 3 judges, no jury.

This is clearly a politically based bias that is displayed here, a jury of young women mainly had freed A.S. and police Scotland is now looking to harass and stifle free speech in other trials, such as Julian Assanges, postponed to September. The charges levelled could land either of the two in jail for reporting factually.

Their work is open and everyone can read what was written. I challenge anyone to try and identify any of the accusers by the reports these two have written, I could not and am still not able to do so.

I do not expect many of any of Archants writers to sign this open letter in support, but there might be a few souls who still believe in free speech and who will sign to support these two. Thanks in advance if you do.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/06/please-sign-the-open-letter/comment-page-1/#comment-944655

Well well, has the BBC stepped a little too far in identifying one of the women which falsely accused Alex Salmond, in their latest Kirty Wark character assassination?

https://mobile.twitter.com/tradasro/status/1297327574834655233

And what does this say about the Scottish justice system when Craig Murray, journalist and human rights campaigner, is being harassed with a contempt of court case, purported to start in Oct.26th, for alleged  'jigsaw identification'?

Sky news reporters as well as journalist Dani Garavelli and now Kirsty wark all have done the same thing Craig is accused of.

Craig has been refused to cite factual evidence in his support , his witnesses are being refused by the court and even his personal evidence will be rejected. Free speech is a hollow dead tree.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2020/08/preparing-for-my-trial/comment-page-4/#comment-953829

PS. Julian Assange's hearing will come up beginning of Sept. and the judge keeping him in a high security prison is hell bent on extraditing him. Mrs. Baraitser has a record of multiple extraditions to keep up with, she does not care about people. She was born in Apartheid SA, and if you try hard you can find a picture of her.

Hi Nevermind

According to the Times, a huge story is about to break over the Alex Salmond affair concerning Sturgeon allegedly contravening the Ministerial Code. The story is behind a paywall so I don't have the details but it should be everywhere soon enough.

Toby Young's Freedom of Speech Union outed as nothing more than a right wing campaign group that advocates anything but the freedom of speech if your views don't cohere with his RW agenda:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/uknews/students-quit-free-speech-campaign-over-role-of-toby-young-founded-group/ar-BB1cBag3?ocid=msedgntp

When a group of student activists were recruited to create a freedom of expression campaign, they were optimistic that their wide-ranging views could be part of its mission “to get all young people enthusiastic about free speech”.

The reality of the Free Speech Youth Advisory Board, they say, was rather different.

Instead of finding a forum for their hopes of opposing repressive regimes and helping minority voices to get heard, they claim that they were censured if they disagreed with the group’s right-of-centre orthodoxy. And they say they were dismayed to realise that the supposedly grassroots project appeared to be an “astroturfed” front for Toby Young’s controversial pressure group, the Free Speech Union (FSU).

• Like 1

10 hours ago, Rock The Boat said:

Hi Nevermind

According to the Times, a huge story is about to break over the Alex Salmond affair concerning Sturgeon allegedly contravening the Ministerial Code. The story is behind a paywall so I don't have the details but it should be everywhere soon enough.

Yes Salmon has lodged an accusation which he is prepared to speak in court on oath. Her husbands presentation to the Parliamentary inquiry was diametrically opposed to the FM Sturgeons presentation and Salmon, who was cleared by a majority female jury is rightly justified to stop this witch hunt using the police and the law. Craig is part to it as he is accused of contempt of court, for factually reporting. He is rightly holding back with his comments on this story as he is somewhat in the middle of it. Rest assured he will comment when he feels able to.

For now we have to make do with lots of words from the MSM. If you are on twitter, have a look at grousebeater, always on the button. as is the wings of Scotland blog

https://www.heraldscotland.com/news/18998623.alex-salmond-accuses-nicola-sturgeon-giving-untrue-evidence-holyrood-inquiry/

Edited by nevermind, neoliberalism has had it

It looks like the SNP is going to implode over this corruption fiasco within the Scottish law courts, unless they want to jail another person on inaccuracies and for political collaborative expediency.

The contempt of court hearing is tabled for the 27/28th. Jan. and it is very likely that all charges will be dropped as the facts now coming out about Nicola Sturgeons participation in this forced trial of Alex Salmond, in which he was found innocent, threatens to explode in the face of Peter Murrell and herself.

Craig up to now has refused to play their game, but now that he is facing jail, the gloves are coming off. Please read the excellent article Robin Mc Alpine wrote, a staunch stalwart of SNP policies in the past, a supporter of Independence and a supporter of the SNP for decades. His article together with Craigs blog, has blown this conspiracy to corrupt a trial apart, hence the provocative title.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/01/only-a-corrupt-lord-advocate-stands-between-peter-murrell-and-prison/comment-page-1/#comments

This is a video by uk Column News, some 40.30 min in, debates the trial and most of the presenters are fully behind Craigs and Robins articles about this grave affair.

https://www.ukcolumn.org/

18th. Jan. news, its news cycle is every 3 days.

Sitting in my chair with a newly acquired  DVT, not being able to walk without pain, I have just read the most explosive and humbling piece of journalism from Craig Murray's contempt of court case. Craig put two affidavits to the Crown court which explain the whole ugly saga that is the judiciary and cabal in power in Scotland. The SNP leadership are being hoisted up by their own petards and shown up for what they really are and have conspired to.

Please, if you frequent other social media outlets, copy and publish it, there are redacted names and sentences, marked as redacted, for Craigs safety, but this 'all in' is a last resort he had to take and he is doing this for a future Independent Scotland. The detailed dated accounts he has presented to the court are now in the public domain and can be printed anywhere, BUT the fingers are pointing at Westminster and the ugly faces of unionism that are stirring opposition to Independence.

Nicola Sturgeon and her partner Peter Murrell are up to their neck in it and the closeness of the Crown courts to this conspiring cabal emanate a whiff of horse manure never smelt.

Craig's affidavits are the roadmap to a new Scotland, many deep potholes to be filled in before one is able to navigate again.

Let us hope that he is found to have no case to answer, but the story is out. At worst they will try and jail him for two years in a covid petri dish prison, where somebody might be able to do him harm. Nowadays hoodlums are able to kill torture and hurt people thanks to the new laws granted by our great politicians who think that a fourth Reich is the only thing they can aspire to.

Johnson is visiting Sturgeon today, apparently to talk covid and vaccination, but we will never hear what else they are talking about.

I expect her to resign before being pushed and land in a new lucrative job in the Atlanticist plethora, maybe in Nato arguing for the continuation of a deep water Faslane and respective bunkers full of nukes.

Do sit down for this, it is long, riveting and something you are not likely to get from any MSM publication. Some 600 plus virtual trail listeners dialed into the court yesterday, you could not fit them into any courtroom, an indication of how mcuh interest is in Craigs trial for contempt of court.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/01/my-sworn-evidence-on-the-sturgeon-affair/

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

my word Ricardo, you're a speed reader? 🙂 I am re reading it and some of the coments are awesome as well.

I read extracts from it and saw the comments on another blog yesterday afternoon

9 minutes ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

the more get to know about it, the better, this can't be covered up as 'trivial'.

No cross examination by the prosecution either. Either they know they had a $hit case or were frightened more would come out.

There is barely one relevant proven and undisputed fact in the affidavit. Loads of supposition, speculation and assumption. The key paragraph seems to be 17 and as far as I can see there is no hard proven evidence to back it up.

• Confused 1

6 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There is barely one relevant proven and undisputed fact in the affidavit. Loads of supposition, speculation and assumption. The key paragraph seems to be 17 and as far as I can see there is no hard proven evidence to back it up.

and you speak from experience do you? what is your experience of Scottish justice and its connections to Government recently?

15 minutes ago, PurpleCanary said:

There is nothing worn under the kilt 😉

2 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

Sitting in my chair with a newly acquired  DVT, not being able to walk without pain, I have just read the most explosive and humbling piece of journalism from Craig Murray's contempt of court case. Craig put two affidavits to the Crown court which explain the whole ugly saga that is the judiciary and cabal in power in Scotland. The SNP leadership are being hoisted up by their own petards and shown up for what they really are and have conspired to.

Please, if you frequent other social media outlets, copy and publish it, there are redacted names and sentences, marked as redacted, for Craigs safety, but this 'all in' is a last resort he had to take and he is doing this for a future Independent Scotland. The detailed dated accounts he has presented to the court are now in the public domain and can be printed anywhere, BUT the fingers are pointing at Westminster and the ugly faces of unionism that are stirring opposition to Independence.

Nicola Sturgeon and her partner Peter Murrell are up to their neck in it and the closeness of the Crown courts to this conspiring cabal emanate a whiff of horse manure never smelt.

Craig's affidavits are the roadmap to a new Scotland, many deep potholes to be filled in before one is able to navigate again.

Let us hope that he is found to have no case to answer, but the story is out. At worst they will try and jail him for two years in a covid petri dish prison, where somebody might be able to do him harm. Nowadays hoodlums are able to kill torture and hurt people thanks to the new laws granted by our great politicians who think that a fourth Reich is the only thing they can aspire to.

Johnson is visiting Sturgeon today, apparently to talk covid and vaccination, but we will never hear what else they are talking about.

I expect her to resign before being pushed and land in a new lucrative job in the Atlanticist plethora, maybe in Nato arguing for the continuation of a deep water Faslane and respective bunkers full of nukes.

Do sit down for this, it is long, riveting and something you are not likely to get from any MSM publication. Some 600 plus virtual trail listeners dialed into the court yesterday, you could not fit them into any courtroom, an indication of how mcuh interest is in Craigs trial for contempt of court.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/01/my-sworn-evidence-on-the-sturgeon-affair/

I'm about to sit down to read this but well done for pursuing this Nevermind. We may not agree on many things but holding the b#ggers to account is of prime importance if we are to live in a free society. Take care. 

Edited by Rock The Boat
  • Like 2

As was expected, the whole MSM in Scotland, and here, are rather shi...g themselves then to speak up about a thoroughly corrupted Justice system.

Thing is, the cat is out of the bag and the SNP has nearly lost 5% of their members since last June. Those determined to change it will work inside and ensure that this knowledge is amplified during the election campaign, unless the Murrells resign and the party gets a new leader.

whilst the BBC is hinting at chaos in the SNP and the insecure position of NS and her problems with trying to eek out Alex Salmond, her days are now counted, imho.

Mahyar Yousie reports from inside the shambles. He looks tired, must have been a busy boy.

.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UPxvYNDZZ8w&feature=share&fbclid=IwAR0_UW7rv38_7KDbp_mo_mbB91DiTEoocpwGa1oEyjK6rWmqFOOjx7H10T0

what do people not understand about the arrest of journalists like Assange, ex ambassador now ajourmalist, Xrag Murray, Mark Hirst and now Mark Aitchinson?

sleep walking into a sugarcoated Tory fascism. And once the brave Hong Kong Chinese immigrants get automatic English citizenship, he'll have a\n army of thankful supporters.

感谢信 -Writing a Thank You Letter in Chinese | ChineseCraze

Kings Lynn was once a Hanse town, as was Hamburg, the place of my birth. It is the seat of the International Tribunal of the law of the seas, which has, on the 28.01, taken a decision on the illegal occupation and the rightful ownership of the Chagos islands, its seabed and future negotiations, regardless of its current military usurper, the US.

This is the third time an international qualified and recognized body has made such a decision and it is to be seen what this judgement 'practical nature' leading to further negotiations could entail.

another great article by a great journalist who once negotiated these and other issues for the FCO in his prior ambassadorial presence.

with a nice picture on a great three mast sailing ship...:)

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/02/uk-government-humiliated-over-chagos-islands-again/comment-page-1/#comment-974194

To all those who are Scottish and or know somebody who is Scottish and would like to see an Independent Scotland without sucking up to the chaotic vortex SNP, there has been a new non political group launched called NOW SCOTLAND.

https://www.nowscotland.scot/

And should you like to read about it and or chat to one of the people on the board, here is Craig's take on it. Enjoy

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/02/now-scotland-launched/

This is very worrying:

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/news/world/freedom-of-information-act-michael-gove-s-office-cover-up-claims-shows-transparency-more-important-than-ever/ar-BB1du8it?ocid=msedgntp

A secretive unit of officials working inside Michael Gove’s Cabinet Office stands accused of sinister cover-up tactics that are undermining transparent government in the midst of a pandemic.

Known as the “Clearing House”, Gove’s unit is linked to a marked decline in the granting of requests made under the Freedom of Information (FOI) Act. It is also accused of compiling “blacklists” of journalists and campaigners who use the act to scrutinise public bodies.

Concerning issue for the media

Few issues unify the polarised British media but the shadowy behaviour of the Clearing House is a rare example. News outlets are deeply concerned that the names of their staff are being circulated around Whitehall when FOI requests should be treated as “applicant-blind”.

Mary Fitzgerald, editor-in-chief of the investigative website Open Democracy, which exposed the Clearing House in its recent report, “Art of Darkness”, says: “I have been talking to Fleet Street editors from across the political spectrum, as well as broadcasters, and this is an issue that concerns all of them.”

• Like 1

today's latest twist by the BiBiCe is making out that the Holyrood inquiry into the Governments handling into the complainants and the underhand means used is an 'inquiry into Alex Salmond' which it is not.

Anybody now knows that some of the complainants have perjured themselves and that they had support in this from high up, that civil servants and SNP politicians conspired to pervert the course of justice.

But hey, we can't have politicians, who have at every opportunity steered away from Independence, jeopardizing themselves and their jobs by trying to fit others up with the law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-56028750

2 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

today's latest twist by the BiBiCe is making out that the Holyrood inquiry into the Governments handling into the complainants and the underhand means used is an 'inquiry into Alex Salmond' which it is not.

Anybody now knows that some of the complainants have perjured themselves and that they had support in this from high up, that civil servants and SNP politicians conspired to pervert the course of justice.

But hey, we can't have politicians, who have at every opportunity steered away from Independence, jeopardizing themselves and their jobs by trying to fit others up with the law.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-scotland-scotland-politics-56028750

I was reading the inquiry will not allow publication of crucial submissions including Salmond's. And they allowed a postponement of Sturgeon's appearance at the inquiry and she will be the last one to give evidence, thereby ensuring other witnesses cannot subsequently refute what she says. A stitch up may well be on the cards.

On 14/02/2021 at 16:04, Rock The Boat said:

I was reading the inquiry will not allow publication of crucial submissions including Salmond's. And they allowed a postponement of Sturgeon's appearance at the inquiry and she will be the last one to give evidence, thereby ensuring other witnesses cannot subsequently refute what she says. A stitch up may well be on the cards.

Everybody in Scotland now knows/smells the fishiness of this Government, wriggling to keep their little secrets whilst the perjurers and conspirators to pervert the course of justice get every help from the establishment and the bbc to keep the lid on this story.

Lady Dorian said that there is nothing to stop the publication of a name if it is in a wholly unrelated matter, but Mrs. Fabiani, leading the inquiry seems unsure, they are trying to put a lid on a boiling pot, but the pressure keeps blowing it off.

Add to that the machinations of the shady Integrity Initiative outfit, desperately planning with the Westmonster security services to derail another Independence referendum, following the coming Holyrood election,and or ensure that the unionist will win by rigging it.

After more than 14 days, Craig Murray, having sent two affidavits to the Courts and been told to wait for his judgement, is sitting still on hot coals whilst the inquiry into the Scottish Governments handling of the Alex Salmond trial, led by Mrs. Fabiani, is stalling, even after Lady Dorians ruling that Alex Salmonds submissions can be published.

Today we read in the MSM that should the FM nicola Sturgeon be found to have misled the inquiry and broken ministerial code, that she could be forced to resign.

well. she could theoretically land in prison for breaking ministerial code, but the darling of the MSM could not possibly be allowed to get the same treatment the tabloid rags and the BBC dished out to Alex Salmond, before and during his trial, of which he was found not guilty by a jury of majority women.

In this latest blog post's contributors speak of their frustration over the courts delaying tactics, over the wriggling Fabiani inquiry and the frustrations over the next Independence moves that are being tainted by the various conspiring actors in this saga.

Sadly it also reflects on the wider sad state of justice in this country, with moves to abolishing jury's and 'streamlining' courts decisions point to an ever increasing drift to the right. I linked to page 1 as to give a flavour of the lack of proceedings, but the comments are now on page 3. I hope that people understand the urgency and frustration this saga has caused. It will further increase the support for Independence for Scotland.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/02/the-legal-attempt-to-end-the-fabiani-farce/comment-page-1/#comments

5 hours ago, nevermind, neoliberalism has had it said:

After more than 14 days, Craig Murray, having sent two affidavits to the Courts and been told to wait for his judgement, is sitting still on hot coals whilst the inquiry into the Scottish Governments handling of the Alex Salmond trial, led by Mrs. Fabiani, is stalling, even after Lady Dorians ruling that Alex Salmonds submissions can be published.

Today we read in the MSM that should the FM nicola Sturgeon be found to have misled the inquiry and broken ministerial code, that she could be forced to resign.

well. she could theoretically land in prison for breaking ministerial code, but the darling of the MSM could not possibly be allowed to get the same treatment the tabloid rags and the BBC dished out to Alex Salmond, before and during his trial, of which he was found not guilty by a jury of majority women.

In this latest blog post's contributors speak of their frustration over the courts delaying tactics, over the wriggling Fabiani inquiry and the frustrations over the next Independence moves that are being tainted by the various conspiring actors in this saga.

Sadly it also reflects on the wider sad state of justice in this country, with moves to abolishing jury's and 'streamlining' courts decisions point to an ever increasing drift to the right. I linked to page 1 as to give a flavour of the lack of proceedings, but the comments are now on page 3. I hope that people understand the urgency and frustration this saga has caused. It will further increase the support for Independence for Scotland.

https://www.craigmurray.org.uk/archives/2021/02/the-legal-attempt-to-end-the-fabiani-farce/comment-page-1/#comments

We should remember that it was Andrew Neil and the Spectator that sought a ruling by the courts that Salmond's statement should be released to the public. I feel this is more of an establishment stitch up than anything else. 

yes it was the spectator and lady Dorian did say that the inquiry can publish AS evidence, still today they are further procrastinating and putting the whole of Scotland, not just the SNP, into a spinning cycle of their own making. To say that this prevarication and stalling is done according to the current law is a hoot. It is damaging the Independence movement and moment.

Nicola Sturgeon could decide yesterday that she has nothing to hide by letting AS's evidence be published. What has she got to hide?

As it stands she will be the last to answer to the inquiry and the media forces will do their best to dig her out of the pile of s..t of her own making.