Sign in to follow this  
Midlands Yellow

Space X launch tonight

I saw something go over at 22:14 but it could have been the ISS. I’m not sure how you tell the difference?

The SpaceX rocket was supposed to follow the ISS 5 minutes later which itself was due at about 22:10 🤔

I’m Yarmouth way.

Edited by Wings of a Sparrow
Put location in.

Yeah I clocked it about 1015pm in Hemsby, it was quite large and moving more slowly than I expected(satellite speed) I couldn’t see the rocket though, apparently it wasn’t as bright and was down towards the horizon.

3 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

Yeah I clocked it about 1015pm in Hemsby, it was quite large and moving more slowly than I expected(satellite speed) I couldn’t see the rocket though, apparently it wasn’t as bright and was down towards the horizon.

The thing is Rivvo i have watched the ISS several times in recent months and what i saw last night looked just the same in brightness and speed and i assumed it was Space X but now i am not so sure.

I’ve seen elsewhere that the ISS was in good view and is probably what most of us saw. The SpaceX rocket was lower down in the sky which was still too light on its second pass at around 5 minutes after the ISS made its pass.

Are they still doing the conga line of satellites or has that stopped now?

On 31/05/2020 at 16:35, TIL 1010 said:

The thing is Rivvo i have watched the ISS several times in recent months and what i saw last night looked just the same in brightness and speed and i assumed it was Space X but now i am not so sure.

No I think I saw the ISS and couldn’t see the rocket, my post wasn’t that clear.