Sign in to follow this  
Barbe bleu

Cummings to Durham

1 minute ago, daly said:

Getting boring now going over the same old ground

The world moves on, the betting slips gather dust.

54 minutes ago, daly said:

My point was despite all the problems with the USA riots Morgan still opened the show with a 5 minute rant about Mr Cummings ( last post his name was deleted by the moderator no idea why)

Time to move on, whose interested now we know what he did and the lies he told 

Yes Morgan is exactly what’s wrong with modern media, loves to go all out bully boy, sensationalising a story.....he’s a massive bell......Cummings has definitely made things worse in many areas but as said, he’s not going anywhere, Boris ha backed him at a massive cost and noticeable how Cummings has crawled into his hole not to be seen or heard from!

Time to move on, as highlighted massive news from the us deserves more coverage than a dumbarse who feels he’s above the Government instructions.

43 minutes ago, daly said:

Getting boring now going over the same old ground

I'm sure Piers is finding new ways of presenting the lies and distortion.

21 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

I'm sure Piers is finding new ways of presenting the lies and distortion.

Well he is a master of it😉

• Haha 1

Point is, its all about the Government at the moment. It doesn't matter how much they muck up. There is nowhere for the opposition to go at the moment. 

Just the same for anyone in control, they set the agenda and write the minutes.

200K tests a day. Well actually its 100K but we use two swabs on the same person, so its 200K. And nobody bothers watching the briefings and can be bothered listening or arguing.

its Government by Boredom.

6 hours ago, ricardo said:

It faded rather quicker than I thought.

Or maybe it is only an outlier.........?

image.thumb.png.1920138feaaa757f825606226b75b931.png

image.png.118f00d4ed0c474a5763aa181b260c67.png

image.png.0846f23334ea3d967c121dac5b7ba506.png

image.png.e86f87df85ec832d1dbc9516c576de16.png

11 minutes ago, BigFish said:

Or maybe it is only an outlier.........?

image.thumb.png.1920138feaaa757f825606226b75b931.png

image.png.118f00d4ed0c474a5763aa181b260c67.png

image.png.0846f23334ea3d967c121dac5b7ba506.png

image.png.e86f87df85ec832d1dbc9516c576de16.png

Not an outlier as such but founded by Stephen Shakespeare (of Conservative Home) and Nadhim Zahawi. Often paints a picture a certain colour.

Britain Elects may be more independent. 

9 hours ago, sonyc said:

Not an outlier as such but founded by Stephen Shakespeare (of Conservative Home) and Nadhim Zahawi. Often paints a picture a certain colour.

Britain Elects may be more independent. 

Britain Elects don't do their own polls, they report on others.

Yougov are generally a good pollster- just because they are ran by Conservatives doesn't mean their methodology is flawed or that they have a bias. FiveThirtyEight do pollster ratings and have Yougov as a B level pollster which isn't bad.

3 minutes ago, king canary said:

Britain Elects don't do their own polls, they report on others.

Yougov are generally a good pollster- just because they are ran by Conservatives doesn't mean their methodology is flawed or that they have a bias. FiveThirtyEight do pollster ratings and have Yougov as a B level pollster which isn't bad.

Yes, they have been good on occasions (Theresa May prediction for example). Yet, one look at any poll at any time and compare these with others and it's interesting. The only way of checking this is to do it from time to time. No accusation of bias just an observation.

Britain Elects is an aggregator of polls. You get a broader sweep... (and where not aggregated, they report sources separately, noting the source/individual poll).

I prefer getting a view across multiple polls that's all (but I must confess... it would be false otherwise...the Zahawi connection IS off-putting personally)

23 minutes ago, sonyc said:

Yes, they have been good on occasions (Theresa May prediction for example). Yet, one look at any poll at any time and compare these with others and it's interesting. The only way of checking this is to do it from time to time. No accusation of bias just an observation.

Britain Elects is an aggregator of polls. You get a broader sweep... (and where not aggregated, they report sources separately, noting the source/individual poll).

I prefer getting a view across multiple polls that's all (but I must confess... it would be false otherwise...the Zahawi connection IS off-putting personally)

Yes, you're right that getting a view across multiple polls is better, I just am somewhat tired of people suggesting because an organisation is owned by person x that they cant be objective or do their jobs professionally. Not a dig at you, just any mention of a YouGov poll on twitter before the last election led to swarming Corbynites claiming it couldn't be trusted because 'Tory.'

Question...

Does anyone on this Board think that Cummings would have swanned off to Durham, potentially for days or weeks, without first checking it with his boss.

Would you? Would I? Would anyone do that? Of course not.

Johnson knew and approved. I am convinced of it. Everything that has happened makes more sense in that context. 

Well it looks like the government's legal team have tried and failed to get Cummings name removed as a repondent from the Sonia Khan sexual descrimination/unfair dismissal case. Shame it is not until December but now likely we will see him defending his action in a court of law. Also, gives the court the option to make him personally liable for any compensation awarded.

I just want to know what Cummings has on Johnson.

If Cummings can't be sacked then it means he's able to pull Boris down with him. 

Perhaps he knows how many kids Johnson is paying child maintenance for, and its Jeremy Kyle levels of bad. 

6 hours ago, Pugin said:

Question...

Does anyone on this Board think that Cummings would have swanned off to Durham, potentially for days or weeks, without first checking it with his boss.

Johnson knew and approved. I am convinced of it. Everything that has happened makes more sense in that context. 

I think the bit that most people object to though is his trip to Barnard's Castle, and the unconvincing lies he made up to justify it. 

10 hours ago, Pugin said:

Question...

Maybe Cummings thinks he, not Johnson, is the boss 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

On 31/05/2020 at 18:54, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I also hear unconfirmed reports that he eats babies, worships Satan (and all his little wizards) and has a bust of Hitler in his study.

I mean...it's f*cking outrageous - everyone knows your bust of Hitler should go in the living room. Hang 'im I say. By his balls.

OTBC

Had you bothered to check the article, it clearly appeared to be well-researched.... and it was...

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-tyne-52911605

For the record, I don't think he's the devil incarnate, but I do think he is a massive ****.