Sign in to follow this  
Barbe bleu

Cummings to Durham

7 minutes ago, Herman said:

He's also an Ipswich fan.

Can you actually prove that.....you can go too far with accusations you know! He does look like a bin man....

18 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

I also hear unconfirmed reports that he eats babies, worships Satan (and all his little wizards) and has a bust of Hitler in his study.

I mean...it's f*cking outrageous - everyone knows your bust of Hitler should go in the living room. Hang 'im I say. By his balls.

OTBC

It’s more likely to be Lenin but if the rest of it were true there would still be some people defending him 😳

12 minutes ago, Indy said:

Can you actually prove that.....you can go too far with accusations you know! He does look like a bin man....

Loads of evidence but I'm not allowed to show any of it. You'll just have to believe me.😉😀

• Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

It’s more likely to be Lenin but if the rest of it were true there would still be some people defending him 😳

The Lenin bust holds down his cellar door where he stores the souls of his victims.

The Stalin bust is currently in the sh1tter - he left it there when he was trying to work out how to use it to bring back 'Lo Pan' from the dead.

lo pan | Tumblr

The Mao bust doubles as a soy sauce dispenser - it's the best he could find on a recent (rather rushed) trip while up north.

OTBC

On 30/05/2020 at 08:51, Herman said:

What’s with this c*appy looking table that looks like it’s been nicked out of the works canteen.

Couldn’t his mate Boris spare a decent leather inlay Queen Anne mahogany jobbie for a couple of hours ? 🤔

43 minutes ago, ......and Smith must score. said:

What’s with this c*appy looking table that looks like it’s been nicked out of the works canteen.

Couldn’t his mate Boris spare a decent leather inlay Queen Anne mahogany jobbie for a couple of hours ? 🤔

He should have gone to Barnard Castles well renowned antiques shops.

• Haha 1

I decided to look again at the statement Cummings made last week, just to see if I could relate to the witch hunting and lynch mob hysteria that has been going on all week and really, I still find myself having a little sympathy - just a little - with Cummings.  The most telling comment imo was the fact that because of his supposed stance on "herd immunity" in previous weeks to all this, he was having packs reporters outside his house, abuse hurled at him and threats.

So he was already having his home life disrupted and made unpleasant when the virus hit number 10 Downing Street - and the fear - and it could have been real fear - could have affected him. It boils down to having a bit of understanding of how a human being reacts under mental circumstances that no-one except the person themselves can understand. 

Is this the action of someone acting calmly or in a good state of mind, or is it someone reacting very concerned about his wife and family?  And with such an important position in the running of things, his rushing return to work straight after may have been both right - and wrong (if his wife had the virus) - so being pulled in two directions at the same time - a recipe for mental anguish.

His subsequent actions going away from london were therefore probably genuine attempts to deal with his personal situation with media attention and illness etc........yeah, I know it's the time for jokes about it etc etc, blah blah, but I find it quite sad that so many people have just jumped on the bandwagon of blame and anger when there are circumstances which can easily.....if you have the mind for it....look to be extenuating.  Understanding is unfashionable these days - it is judgement by media and social media which tries to push you on to one side or the other, but in most cases there are two sides to a situation.  Yes, mistakes made, shambolic media, shambolic government....Cummings himself and his own stupidity in trying to deal with the aftermath - but in the middle of that are human beings with all their frailties and mistakes.  Many, many people have had a terrible time in all this - but that does not take away from the human aspects in everyone's situation - including Cummings who let's remember is not a politician - and is, contrary to apparent public opinion, a human being.

Edited by lake district canary
  • Haha 1

Can’t believe still bringing this subject up time to move on. At 6.am this morning Piers Morgan rambling on about it. USA looting and burnings in 100 cities and he still opens show with ****’s. The rioters (different from the protesters) don’t need much excuse to loot the shops

21 minutes ago, daly said:

Can’t believe still bringing this subject up time to move on. At 6.am this morning Piers Morgan rambling on about it. USA looting and burnings in 100 cities and he still opens show with ****’s. The rioters (different from the protesters) don’t need much excuse to loot the shops

I can't believe that you can't believe it, you must be in denial, or I am, or Piers is.

The leftie furore over DC is not because of his trip to Durham. It is because they cannot forgive him for masterminding the successful Brexit campaign following it up with the magnificent 2019 election campaign. Edward 1 was called the Hammer of the Scots and DC is the Hammer of the Left.

The reason he comes across as not giving a damn is I believe because he knows whatever he does the Lefties will vilify him.

23 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

The leftie furore over DC is not because of his trip to Durham. It is because they cannot forgive him for masterminding the successful Brexit campaign following it up with the magnificent 2019 election campaign. Edward 1 was called the Hammer of the Scots and DC is the Hammer of the Left.

The reason he comes across as not giving a damn is I believe because he knows whatever he does the Lefties will vilify him.

Edward 1 died of dysentery, the Hammer of the Scots epithet was added to his tomb 300 years after his death.

A bit like DC amending his blog after it was published, at this rate he'll be credited with ending Covid19 just by commanding it to happen.

The reason the right keep bringing up Brexit with regard to this issue is purely distraction. By claiming that people are upset because of a binary issue realigns some that were angered by his actions within the ranks of the right because Brexit is paramount to them. Turns it back to an "us and them" - which is, ironically, the whole issue - that it's one rule for the proles (even those that were good little sheep and voted Tory and Brexit - those slogans WERE convincing though) and he can do as he chooses. It's a load of old pony as is demonstrated by the amount of Tories that have stood up and taken exception to what he did. Not all of them Brexiteers but still plenty of dissent from within the party that delivered it. 

He broke the rules he set. He got away with it. Others haven't. He has subsequently made up a story that Enid Blyton would have been proud of and with complete disregard to public feeling they've stood there, lied again and again, shut down civil servants, muted journalists and pretended everything is fine. It isn't. It won't be. People (daftly) are now paying no heed to Government instruction (Whitlingham Broad a perfect example of this yesterday) because they no longer respect what they're being told because if DC doesn't give a fig for them, why should they? Especially when DC has had his actions rubber-stamped by the Prime Minister. It's a free-for-all. He should have gone, I've little doubt that the subsequent irresponsible actions taken by the public because flouting the rules is "legal and reasonable", will result in deaths. 

Appallingly handled. 

• Like 6
  • Thanks 2

"Us and them" is (and always will be) the language of populists.

It is so, because otherwise there is little argument to be had 

Edited by sonyc

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Edward 1 died of dysentery, the Hammer of the Scots epithet was added to his tomb 300 years after his death.

A bit like DC amending his blog after it was published, at this rate he'll be credited with ending Covid19 just by commanding it to happen.

Whether it was 300 years after his death or not he is still known as the Hammer of the Scots. He did a pretty good job on the Welsh too.

As for DC, Carry on lashing the left. 👍

52 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Are these lefteez a revolving door allowing the righteez to enter depending on the issue?

Go on Nutty, post a sensible response. We know you can do it. 🙂

Who or what do you like Crafty? You can't even claim you like the football club you supposedly support. Are you simply an equal opportunities bigot? 

1 minute ago, Herman said:

Who or what do you like Crafty? You can't even claim you like the football club you supposedly support. Are you simply an equal opportunities bigot? 

He's not much of a historian either.

34 minutes ago, Duncan Edwards said:

The reason the right keep bringing up Brexit with regard to this issue is purely distraction. By claiming that people are upset because of a binary issue realigns some that were angered by his actions within the ranks of the right because Brexit is paramount to them. Turns it back to an "us and them" - which is, ironically, the whole issue - that it's one rule for the proles (even those that were good little sheep and voted Tory and Brexit - those slogans WERE convincing though) and he can do as he chooses. It's a load of old pony as is demonstrated by the amount of Tories that have stood up and taken exception to what he did. Not all of them Brexiteers but still plenty of dissent from within the party that delivered it. 

He broke the rules he set. He got away with it. Others haven't. He has subsequently made up a story that Enid Blyton would have been proud of and with complete disregard to public feeling they've stood there, lied again and again, shut down civil servants, muted journalists and pretended everything is fine. It isn't. It won't be. People (daftly) are now paying no heed to Government instruction (Whitlingham Broad a perfect example of this yesterday) because they no longer respect what they're being told because if DC doesn't give a fig for them, why should they? Especially when DC has had his actions rubber-stamped by the Prime Minister. It's a free-for-all. He should have gone, I've little doubt that the subsequent irresponsible actions taken by the public because flouting the rules is "legal and reasonable", will result in deaths. 

Appallingly handled. 

People have free will and can decide for themselves whether to follow social distancing or not. I believe the vast majority will show common sense and do what they believe will keep them safe. As always there will be those that act stupidly like the three who jumped 200 feet of Durdle Door on Dorset and seriously injured themselves. Incredibly more did the same thing yesterday urged on by crowds on the beach. They got away without injury but if they had it would have been because if their actions not because DC visited Durham.

1 minute ago, Crafty Canary said:

Go on Nutty, post a sensible response. We know you can do it. 🙂

It made sense to me.

What isn't sensible is putting people in convenient boxes in order to decry their opinion without even reading it.

As for Brexit? Here's a truth...

I am clueless about it. I said this right at the start on the original Brexit thread. People kindly tried to advise me but I was still clueless so didn't vote. Interestingly, with hindsight I now have, a lot of advise I was given from both sides was worthless. Years later it can be seen most of my advisors were clueless too. But throughout they never wavered from their position just changed their reasoning as new truths were uncovered. 

You Brixiteers and Remainers were true to your side regardless of the truths of the issues. In the end you were more faithful to them than most people are faithful to their loved ones in forgiving the wrongs from the past and replacing them with more truths for the future.

I don't think it was even about Brexit at the end. Just about being righteez and lefteez and how people view that divide.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

People have free will and can decide for themselves whether to follow social distancing or not. I believe the vast majority will show common sense and do what they believe will keep them safe. As always there will be those that act stupidly like the three who jumped 200 feet of Durdle Door on Dorset and seriously injured themselves. Incredibly more did the same thing yesterday urged on by crowds on the beach. They got away without injury but if they had it would have been because if their actions not because DC visited Durham.

Totally ignoring Duncan’s point that it is not just the lefties that have been appalled by DC’s actions and subsequent approval by BJ.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Crafty Canary said:

People always had "free will". They (vast majority) gave it up for the good of the nation, to try and stop the spread of the disease. Cummings didn't. He was above it. That's a kick in the teeth for everyone that made any kind of sacrifice, especially when he was part of the law-makers. 

Stupidity? Yeah, that'll always be there too. Driving to Durham with Covid symptoms and a small child in enclosed airspace for 5 hours was stupid. Driving to the hospital was stupid. Testing your eyesight by going for a spin with your 4 year old kid isn't just stupid, it's irresponsible (it's also bs). Stupid now has a licence thanks to Cummings. 

As for the deciding for themselves with regard to social distancing? I agree. It's also going to be a convenient way for the Government to - excuse the pun - wash their hands of any responsibility when the deaths get "ramped up" again. 

1 hour ago, nutty nigel said:

People kindly tried to advise me but I was still clueless so didn't vote.

Same for me, I just sat back and watched all the arguing

3 hours ago, A Load of Squit said:

I can't believe that you can't believe it, you must be in denial, or I am, or Piers is.

My point was despite all the problems with the USA riots Morgan still opened the show with a 5 minute rant about Mr Cummings ( last post his name was deleted by the moderator no idea why)

Time to move on, whose interested now we know what he did and the lies he told 

3 minutes ago, daly said:

My point was despite all the problems with the USA riots Morgan still opened the show with a 5 minute rant about Mr Cummings ( last post his name was deleted by the moderator no idea why)

Time to move on, whose interested now we know what he did and the lies he told 

Piers is still interested, he'll decide when it's time to move on.

33 minutes ago, A Load of Squit said:

Piers is still interested, he'll decide when it's time to move on.

Getting boring now going over the same old ground