Sign in to follow this  
Barbe bleu

Cummings to Durham

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Can't we just keep this nonsense in the coronavirus thread? Threads like these just clog up the forum. It's supposed to be about football, but when every other thread is about politics it kinda ruins it for the people who want to talk about football or Norwich City. If I wanted to talk about Brexit, Cummings, Johnson etc. I'd go on a politics forum

LOL,try TW*TTED for that......it's always a full-on leftie bum-fest on there 😀

• Like 1

3 things that concern me. 

People that can't skip past posts they're not interested in. 

People that can't skip past threads they're not interested in. 

When did they install so many forum moderators. 

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, Herman said:

3 things that concern me. 

People that can't skip past posts they're not interested in. 

People that can't skip past threads they're not interested in. 

When did they install so many forum moderators. 

But when you click 'next unread topic' it doesn't tell you what it is until you open it, so you can't skip past it any more. They removed the feature with the update. The alternative is to go back to the main page and choose threads manually, but that's a longer way round because it doesn't automatically take you to the first new post.

Is it too much to ask to just have one politics thread, or to have them in the non-football section like they're supposed to be?

Edited by Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man
  • Like 1

Firstly my apologies. I have never used that route that you use so didn't know how frustating it is. But then again stop being so lazy.😀

Secondly I am fed up of getting nagged at. Barbe nagged us off the other thread and now we are getting nagged off this one.

Thirdly, there is little to no football to talk about.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

But when you click 'next unread topic' it doesn't tell you what it is until you open it, so you can't skip past it any more. They removed the feature with the update. The alternative is to go back to the main page and choose threads manually, but that's a longer way round because it doesn't automatically take you to the first new post.

Is it too much to ask to just have one politics thread, or to have them in the non-football section like they're supposed to be?

I agree but I am afraid the person you have to blame is Barbe Bleu. Everyone else😇 had totally finished with Cummingsgate and had stopped dragging it back up at every opportunity, but he was so determined to carry on his virulent😡anti-government crusade that he created this quite unnecessary new thread.🤓

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

49 minutes ago, Herman said:

Firstly my apologies. I have never used that route that you use so didn't know how frustating it is. But then again stop being so lazy.😀

Secondly I am fed up of getting nagged at. Barbe nagged us off the other thread and now we are getting nagged off this one.

Thirdly, there is little to no football to talk about.

I could understand what Barbe was suggesting. I'm unsure of a second thread too. Whilst I don't think DC gate will end soon (or be forgotten by the media) I think comment on it is nearing a level of saturation for it to naturally decline (making another thread redundant).

In terms of the football comment (with politics) I began to day dream what a left versus right match might be like because of the so-called point scoring some posters get involved in (me included at times). I concluded it would be a match probably dominated by the midfield (centre of the pitch) and not make for much of a spectacle.

It would be a 1970s style slugfest. Filthy pitch, heavy ball with Hunter, Bremner and Harris kicking lumps out of each other. Plus the 70s version of Dennis Wise arguing with everyone. 😀

18 minutes ago, Herman said:

It would be a 1970s style slugfest. Filthy pitch, heavy ball with Hunter, Bremner and Harris kicking lumps out of each other. Plus the 70s version of Dennis Wise arguing with everyone. 😀

There would also be wild accusations that one side was comprised entirely of ringers...🤓

• Haha 1

3 hours ago, lake district canary said:

Unfortunately, it is no surprise that they behave the way they do. Sticking together is now how they go about things and has been for quite a while.  Very rare to see a Westminster politician resign or admit wrong doing.  I know Cummings is not strictly speaking a politician, but is in that circle. 

How I wish people would vote for something else instead of labour or conservative. Has the penny not dropped yet that these two parties are incapable of getting their acts together for the good of the country?   They surely can't get much worse, so anything different has to be worth a try. 

True, but under FPTP a vote for anyone else is largely a waste of time. Think of the SDP in ´83

Actually, where I´m am registered, a vote for anything other than conservative is a waste of time. Mind you, I had an e-mail a couple of days ago saying I´ve been deleted from the registry....

Well Professor Van Tam, nice new suit by the way, made it very clear that he knows Cummings did wrong.

Maybe the PM will expect the Professor's resignation on his desk by Monday.

23 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Well Professor Van Tam, nice new suit by the way, made it very clear that he knows Cummings did wrong.

Yes that was brilliantly done by VT, tell by his expression wasn’t best pleased by the whole event.

52 minutes ago, keelansgrandad said:

Guido Fawkes will probably run an article stating that he is a left wing agitator in the pay of Momentum.......

On 30/05/2020 at 13:34, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Maybe we should just have a politics sub-forum. 

I'm half-joking, half-serious.

It probably wouldn't be financially viable for Archant though as moderating it would require at least two full-time staff.

We have football and non-football. It literally could not be simpler.

A little like some posters on here I suppose.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, South Sider said:

We have football and non-football. It literally could not be simpler.

A little like some posters on here I suppose.

Yet some still refuse to follow simple rules, maybe because they think the rules don't apply to them, thus infuriating the masses.

Which brings us nicely back on topic.

56 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Yet some still refuse to follow simple rules, maybe because they think the rules don't apply to them, thus infuriating the masses.

Which brings us nicely back on topic.

I tend to use discretion Wacky, guided by my reasonable judgement. Not something I feel apologetic about.

5 minutes ago, sonyc said:

I tend to use discretion Wacky, guided by my reasonable judgement. Not something I feel apologetic about.

It wasn't intended to be a dig at anyone. I don't have a problem with the odd off-topic thread being in the football forum, especially when it's important, as the non-football isn't very busy. 

But as South Sider said, there's a football section and a non-football section, which is very black-and-white, but it seems that the majority of non-football threads end up in the football section anyway.

Well I for one still think he could have had some justification for getting out of London in terms of his family, the fact that he was already being targeted with hatemail and abuse in the street for his supposed "herd" comments combined with a sick wife and himself likely to get sick and with a four year old child - the combination of all those things MIGHT to him have made staying seem intolerable.   

I'd also agree he and and the tory leadership have handled it badly, a simple bit of humility would have gone a long way to diffusing the situation.  If he had done that, even his jaunt to Barnard Castle might not have received the attention it has. 

His actions were wrong if you ignore mitigating circumstances, POSSIBLY justifiable due to circumstances - and what should have been handled earlier and dealt with better has turned into a farce and all it has done is give ammunition to those that delight in seeing the tories being given a hard time.  The media/social media wet dream associated with this is still carrying on of course - and anyone anti-tory is loving it and keeping it in the public eye as long as they can. 

This country is so backwards in it's approach to many things, as is the way we are so easily manipulated as people. This was a media led circus who stopped at nothing to get their man.....lies, printing rumour and gossip as fact, not to mention ignoring social distancing themselves in pursuit of their prey.  Cummings and the tories are just as bad, with their actions and handling of this. The answer?  Vote for change at the next opportunity, not simply fall back on traditional labour or tory voting. Be brave.....vote for something different next time or we will be stuck in this loop of parliamentary straight jacketing t!t for tat political insanity for ever.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, lake district canary said:

Well I for one still think he could have had some justification for getting out of London in terms of his family, the fact that he was already being targeted with hatemail and abuse in the street for his supposed "herd" comments combined with a sick wife and himself likely to get sick and with a four year old child - the combination of all those things MIGHT to him have made staying seem intolerable.   

I'd also agree he and and the tory leadership have handled it badly, a simple bit of humility would have gone a long way to diffusing the situation.  If he had done that, even his jaunt to Barnard Castle might not have received the attention it has. 

His actions were wrong if you ignore mitigating circumstances, POSSIBLY justifiable due to circumstances - and what should have been handled earlier and dealt with better has turned into a farce and all it has done is give ammunition to those that delight in seeing the tories being given a hard time.  The media/social media wet dream associated with this is still carrying on of course - and anyone anti-tory is loving it and keeping it in the public eye as long as they can. 

This country is so backwards in it's approach to many things, as is the way we are so easily manipulated as people. This was a media led circus who stopped at nothing to get their man.....lies, printing rumour and gossip as fact, not to mention ignoring social distancing themselves in pursuit of their prey.  Cummings and the tories are just as bad, with their actions and handling of this. The answer?  Vote for change at the next opportunity, not simply fall back on traditional labour or tory voting. Be brave.....vote for something different next time or we will be stuck in this loop of parliamentary straight jacketing t!t for tat political insanity for ever.

Lakey, I totally agree about the media, they’ve been total arseholes reporting all negative ****e and pretty much having a field day sensationalising everything......yet not much news on potential vaccines or treatments have you noticed!

That said there’s no way you can defend Cummings on two points, point 1, once he thought his wife had Covid, he then returned to his offices and 10 Downing Street when clear instruction was to isolate! Broke the instruction, no argument and second his 45 mile round trip to test his eye sight, then to spend to sit by the river bank with his wife on her birthday, only to stop and play with his wife and son in the woods. Totally against instruction again.

But much worse in my book his total lack of humility to actually hold his hands up and say sorry for two broken rules! The trip to Durham can be looked at as I suppose but the two points above aren’t up for argument.......you can’t defend him for those two rules broken.....should have apologised simple as that.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

It wasn't intended to be a dig at anyone. I don't have a problem with the odd off-topic thread being in the football forum, especially when it's important, as the non-football isn't very busy. 

But as South Sider said, there's a football section and a non-football section, which is very black-and-white, but it seems that the majority of non-football threads end up in the football section anyway.

It was just my little joke. Perhaps too dry. Should have put a 😉 at the end because I was simply doing a Cummings! No offence taken as essentially I was agreeing with you (but pretending not to by giving a sarcastic Cummings comment). Hope this makes sense.

This humour thing sometimes misfires!

48 minutes ago, daly said:

Would think it’s about time to move on

Some of them haven't got past Chamberlains trip to Munich yet.

1 minute ago, ricardo said:

He gave up my ancestors when he handed over the Sudetenland........never get passed that soft ****.....good job Churchill took over or it would have been a very quick war!

On 30/05/2020 at 12:34, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Can't we just keep this nonsense in the coronavirus thread? Threads like these just clog up the forum. It's supposed to be about football, but when every other thread is about politics it kinda ruins it for the people who want to talk about football or Norwich City. If I wanted to talk about Brexit, Cummings, Johnson etc. I'd go on a politics forum. 

I say we take off (to Durham?) and nuke the whole forum from orbit....it's the only way to be sure.

OTBC

UnpleasantPersonalEstuarinecrocodile-small.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

40 minutes ago, ricardo said:

Grrrrr...Churchill ...sending in the army to the South Wales mines 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sonyc said:

It was just my little joke. Perhaps too dry. Should have put a 😉 at the end because I was simply doing a Cummings! No offence taken as essentially I was agreeing with you (but pretending not to by giving a sarcastic Cummings comment). Hope this makes sense.

This humour thing sometimes misfires!

Ahh, I see! Yeah, it went over my head first time!

• Like 1

2 hours ago, daly said:

Would think it’s about time to move on

Course you do Boris, you've already mentioned that.

In fact come to think it, it's become your stock phrase to avoid answering any of the awkward questions you keep getting asked 😂

49 minutes ago, kick it off said:

So unconfirmed reports that the cottage he stayed in, in Durham, has no planning permission and pays no council tax. Hmmmmm

https://universalcreditsuffer.com/2020/05/31/cummings-spare-cottage-without-planning-permission-and-pays-no-council-tax/

I also hear unconfirmed reports that he eats babies, worships Satan (and all his little wizards) and has a bust of Hitler in his study.

I mean...it's f*cking outrageous - everyone knows your bust of Hitler should go in the living room. Hang 'im I say. By his balls.

OTBC