Sign in to follow this  
Barbe bleu

Cummings to Durham

A thread for discussion of all things Cummings to Durham.

Whether or not it was against law or contrary to policy. 

The impact on public trust.

Implications for the future of the lockdown

Can understand the rationale behind why he took the decision he did in respect of the initial trip to self isolate and get child care for his four year old. The media and Momentum frenzy around him in my opinion is shameful. If any other families that took the same or a similar decision and received a Fix Penalty Notice (FPN) for doing so that FPN should be rescinded. Do not believe a single word of his explanation for the trip to Barnard Castle. I can understand peoples anger but I believe you have to be prepared to take responsibility for your own actions, rather than worrying what somebody else has done........

Edited by Faded Jaded Semi Plastic SOB

Fish and chip wrappings Barbe. You should focus on the real issues. 😀

This has even got me and the missus arguing she thinks he should be hung drawn and quartered   I told her he was an outstanding human  worthy of a knighthood and I was on  his side , her reply " dont you dare Cummins side me" .😉😇😷👍

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 3

Boris's old man went off to his second home in Exmoor at the end of March.    That freaky, git of a bloke can do as he likes and the press know all about that too, but it was around the time his dodgy son shook a few too many hands and got infected himself.....  tad to close to home to make trouble for the gov't.    

Er.............do we not have a 'NON-FOOTBALL' forum on here ............or do you think that this is football-related ? 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

5 minutes ago, C.I.D said:

Er.............do we not have a 'NON-FOOTBALL' forum on here ............or do you think that this is football-related ? 

That horse bolted a couple of months ago.. 

When football restarts, we should agree to talk football only in the football forum and all others in the non football forum.

A revolutionary idea, I know....

No it is not done with. The real issue is that public trust has undeniably been undermined by this elitist’s behaviour during and after his sojourn in the North East, this compounded by the apparent spineless toeing the party line by all and sundry in and around Downing Street with a small number of honourable exceptions. Along with many millions of other patriotic Britons my family (which includes a key worker) not only fully respected the lockdown, we anticipated it by practising much of its content ahead of its official implementation. So against this backdrop I now angrily resent being instructed by West Suffolk’s MP as to what my civic duty is. Don’t anyone bother to slag me off for my opinion as I reserve the right to ignore you (that’s how it works now isn’t it?).

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, ricardo said:

Yawn.

Wake me when Bills gone🤭💀

I had thought he got lost on his trip to Aldi last night as he was offline for so long but this is a thread to avoid. Mind you i haven't spotted a liar on here yet.

19 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

I had thought he got lost on his trip to Aldi last night as he was offline for so long but this is a thread to avoid. Mind you i haven't spotted a liar on here yet.

image.jpeg.385cc8548ea912454223ceca31bfa2e1.jpeg

Edited by Bill

This forum is very quickly becoming a joke. It really is getting worse every day.

Football cannot return quick enough. At least then we will (hopefully) have intermittent posts that actually belong on a football forum...

Edited by Flying Dutchman
  • Like 5

3 hours ago, Terminally Yellow said:

When football restarts, we should agree to talk football only in the football forum and all others in the non football forum.

A revolutionary idea, I know....

That hasn't worked previously. But I do like your spirit.

Edited by Flying Dutchman

I can’t scroll back forty two pages to quote something someone said six days ago back at them on this thread. Where’s the fun in that??

• Like 1

#IanHislop  #hignfy 👍👍

Edited by Herman

15 hours ago, king canary said:

That horse bolted a couple of months ago.. 

Bolted, went to Durham , returned to london, back to Durham, celebrated two birthdays,had an eyetest. That is some horse.

• Haha 1

I think it was the double-downing after the event that p*ssed so many people.

• Like 2

17 minutes ago, hogesar said:

I think it was the double-downing after the event that p*ssed so many people.

I think most of the ****show could have been avoided if he'd come out and acknowledged he broke the rules, apologised and said he made a poor decision.

Instead he, and the entire cabinet, lined up to tell us he didn't break them when he very obviously did. 

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Making Plans said:

It's over, finished and I doubt if anybody cares anymore (except the BBC)

You don't seem to have a experience of the media. it is still widely mentioned.

1 hour ago, king canary said:

I think most of the ****show could have been avoided if he'd come out and acknowledged he broke the rules, apologised and said he made a poor decision.

Instead he, and the entire cabinet, lined up to tell us he didn't break them when he very obviously did. 

Agree. the problem now is that the cabinet have lost a lot of credibility and trust.

19 hours ago, crispeduk said:

No it is not done with. The real issue is that public trust has undeniably been undermined by this elitist’s behaviour during and after his sojourn in the North East, this compounded by the apparent spineless toeing the party line by all and sundry in and around Downing Street with a small number of honourable exceptions. Along with many millions of other patriotic Britons my family (which includes a key worker) not only fully respected the lockdown, we anticipated it by practising much of its content ahead of its official implementation. So against this backdrop I now angrily resent being instructed by West Suffolk’s MP as to what my civic duty is. Don’t anyone bother to slag me off for my opinion as I reserve the right to ignore you (that’s how it works now isn’t it?).

Unfortunately, it is no surprise that they behave the way they do. Sticking together is now how they go about things and has been for quite a while.  Very rare to see a Westminster politician resign or admit wrong doing.  I know Cummings is not strictly speaking a politician, but is in that circle. 

How I wish people would vote for something else instead of labour or conservative. Has the penny not dropped yet that these two parties are incapable of getting their acts together for the good of the country?   They surely can't get much worse, so anything different has to be worth a try. 

Can't we just keep this nonsense in the coronavirus thread? Threads like these just clog up the forum. It's supposed to be about football, but when every other thread is about politics it kinda ruins it for the people who want to talk about football or Norwich City. If I wanted to talk about Brexit, Cummings, Johnson etc. I'd go on a politics forum.