Sign in to follow this  
East Rider

Creating problematic issues

The use of neutral grounds for clubs like Liverpool, if that match is likely to end in their winning the PL. Problematic or over thinking the potential issues?

Can anyone honestly not see thousands of those supporters turning up for that game (and I completely understand the motivation to do so). It will be carnage on the roads and in that area. A lack of facilities, car parks closed, reaction from the local population the list is long. A historic moment for them and no one save a few millionaires present.

Put it this way, if we got to the final of the FA Cup I'd probably have the urge to be there in the area, if that was possible. However, we do not have that level of fanatical fanbase that they do.

I'd imagine there are a number of furrowed brows at FA HQ over this one.

You can count on the Liverpool crowd celebrating with some kind of mass gathering, either at the ground where it is confirmed, or in Liverpool.  There are a lot of people - not just in liverpool - who simply do not have the brain cells to comprehend what is required and who have latched on to the easy position of "it's all a scam" "don't believe what they tell you" etc etc.....and if you try and reason with them, they just call you a sheep and tell you to wake up.

The Cummings thing will not have helped, as anything that erodes the sense of authority of the situation just gives those thick enough to think social distancing rules don't matter, the thought that they can do what they like. 

Anyone with the thoughts if Cummings can do it then why not me must have a brain cell of a flea

2 hours ago, lake district canary said:

You can count on the Liverpool crowd celebrating with some kind of mass gathering, either at the ground where it is confirmed, or in Liverpool.  

Adrian Durham on talk sport just stated he felt that Liverpool supporters would not turn up on mass and therefore unlikely to be a issue.

Merseyside police have also just confirmed they have no objection to matches being held in Liverpool either. Perhaps all will be fine after all?