Mr Angry

Premier League restarting

I'm looking forward to some kind of football. 

Far better than all this stuff about PPG discussions on here. Can't wait to be discussing a Pukki or even better, a Buendia goal.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

June 17th according to BBC.

I’d be very surprised if this actually happens.

Why? Germany have shown it is doable. 

19 minutes ago, king canary said:

I imagine the only thing that could possibly cause a problem would be if the now-allowed contact training saw a large increase in positive tests.

I reckon itll start now but less sure itll finish.

• Like 2

So what happens if one team is missing 7 players due to coronavirus, and another is missing 0?

Also, what happens if a player tests positive after full contact training... does the whole squad have to self-isolate for 14 days? 

Then after that 14 days they have to play a match after training in their back gardens, against a team that is doing real training at their training ground?

Can't fully wrap my head around it really. 

• Like 2

I am surprised T hasn’t posted to tell us how wonderful the Bundesliga is at getting the season back up and running compared to the EPL.

27 minutes ago, king canary said:

Because players are still catching coronavirus.

24 minutes ago, king canary said:

At the risk of sounding like T, I have more faith in the Germans to organise something and get it done without much fuss than the British, especially when their problem was less severe to start with.

Personally, I think England will be okay though. The situation appears to be getting better, so hopefully it continues to do so without another outbreak...

6 minutes ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

So what happens if one team is missing 7 players due to coronavirus, and another is missing 0

No different to normal injuries, bugs or illnesses really, you just get on with it

2 minutes ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

At the risk of sounding like T, I have more faith in the Germans to organise something and get it done without much fuss than the British, especially when their problem was less severe to start with.

Personally, I think England will be okay though. The situation appears to be getting better, so hopefully it continues to do so without another outbreak...

I'd agree about not being sure in the authorities ability to organise but barring some large scale outbreak this is happening.

1 minute ago, Making Plans said:

No different to normal injuries, bugs or illnesses really, you just get on with it

Pretty much. 

1 minute ago, king canary said:

At a very small number. 

Which is likely to increase once they start playing-plus players who have refused to train will presumably refuse to play if they think they are at risk.

I got slammed by Norwich fans on Twitter back in March, when I suggested we'd resume in May and finish in June.  A month out, but I don't really know why anyone is surprised by the PL trying to get this season finished.

2 minutes ago, Mr Angry said:

Which is likely to increase once they start playing-plus players who have refused to train will presumably refuse to play if they think they are at risk.

Why though? Has there been any increase in Germany? 

This is happening- if players refuse to play that is up to them but at some point you have to work if you expect to get paid.

I suspect the only people really looking forward to watching sanitised football are the armchair plastics.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see if they are free to view. My guess is the first two fixtures will just be on Sky 

1 minute ago, FenwayFrank said:

Will be interesting to see if they are free to view. My guess is the first two fixtures will just be on Sky 

Will be tough to strike a balance. 

The government will clearly want some free to air but I wonder if they'll cover the rebate due to Sky/BT when that happens.

13 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

40000 to 60000 deaths and still rising 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, daly said:

40000 to 60000 deaths and still rising 

So at what number of deaths does playing football again become OK?

• Like 1

21 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

But if several players from a side get coronavirus, won't the whole squad have to self-isolate? 

So that's minimum 14 days for every player with no proper training, then jumping back into a game. Will massively heighten the injury risk for a start.

But can you imagine Norwich self-isolating for 14 days then jumping into a game away at Man City who have had two weeks of full training. What if that game is the relegation decider?

I can't see how they can justify relegating teams with these inevitable variables, and I'm not just saying that as a supporter of the team in 20th. 

20th June

Norwich v Southampton at Carrow Rd

...only the 4th home league game I will have missed at Carrow Rd in 40 years

...a dark day...and not one I'll look forward to.

As as I'm concerned these games/results don't even register.

• Like 2

29 minutes ago, Making Plans said:

Absolutely different.  Catching the virus in the middle of a pandemic is entirely predictable and nothing like the same as getting injured in a game or training in the normal way. Added to one person can then pass it on to team mates or opponents, whereas getting a broken leg is not infectious.

16 minutes ago, nutty nigel said:

Yeah but Pukki played for weeks with a toe injury...

He did and I hope he's now fit, it affected his game.......bloomin' painful.

At least we will be able to confirm our relegation on the pitch rather than a points per game etc if it was curtailed

Never thought we would reach this stage. I still can't believe that testing makes it all OK.

It will be the best way to decide our fate but it must really annoy all you people who look forward to going to the match. As one of those who had to watch on some sort of stream it will be a better picture but the atmosphere will be worse than watching the U23's on the internet.