Sign in to follow this  
baldy09

track and test

Interested in people reaction on track and test= will there be many who download the AP - for myself I have not got a smart phone or afford one , how benefit me I don't know , and if made compulsory an I going to be force to buy one or lock in doors all year, or do we ask the Gov to give us a grant for one ,

Hello Baldy.

Track and trace/test is not just the 'APP' as such.

As I understand it, the track and trace system that is coming in tomorrow will be a mixture of online and phone calls i.e. you filling in details online or over the phone and getting responses like wise, whether you are reporting that you are self-isolating or you are being told that you need to due to being in contact with someone who has had symptoms.

The APP hasn't gone live yet but they will probably bring it in during the few weeks. I think it will compliment the above process rather than replace it so you won't need to rush out and buy a phone.

Hope that helps.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52820592

OTBC

Edited by Disco Dales Jockstrap
  • Like 1

I think there’s a lot of convincing needed before it’ll get used - both in terms of how good/useless it is and also in terms of data generated/how it’s used.   The IoW scheme, much vaunted a week or two back, has seemingly sunk without trace.

46 minutes ago, Disco Dales Jockstrap said:

Hello Baldy.

Track and trace/test is not just the 'APP' as such.

As I understand it, the track and trace system that is coming in tomorrow will be a mixture of online and phone calls i.e. you filling in details online or over the phone and getting responses like wise, whether you are reporting that you are self-isolating or you are being told that you need to due to being in contact with someone who has had symptoms.

The APP hasn't gone live yet but they will probably bring it in during the few weeks. I think it will compliment the above process rather than replace it so you won't need to rush out and buy a phone.

Hope that helps.

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-52820592

OTBC

I assume though that now more footballers have it, everyone they've been in close proximity to now needs to be at home for 14 days.

This is all going so well 🤦‍♂️

Well it looks like we all got to go out and buy a  smart phone -" IF Compulsory " for this track and trace a another financial burden for us who are struggling financially , I have not got a mobile phone and buying a mobile smart phone is not cheap and a monthly contract on top of bills,

I was deeply uncomfortable with the idea of an app on my phone allowing the government access to my movements. I'd reluctantly decided to download it for the greater good as it would be hugely important in contact tracing. 

Presumably they will say that any data gathered would be for the sole purpose of contact tracing and would not be sold etc. 

However given how the government have outright lied to us and twisted previous rules to their favour the past few days I have changed my mind and can no longer trust them so will not be downloading it despite its obvious importance. 

If Cummings is sacked and a very public apology made by PM and the cabinet I might reconsider. 

• Thanks 1