Sign in to follow this  
Sooty57

Will Women's Super League relegation decision affect us?

The FA have ended the Women's Super League and Women's Championship seasons with immediate effect. They have not yet decided how promotions and relegations will be determined, or even if they will happen. 

If they decide not to relegate Liverpool Women, currently in bottom place, can they reasonably apply different method for determining the outcome of the season to the Men's game?

Based on the logic that keeps being quoted then Liverpool ladies will be relegated.

They're going to look fairly stupid if they decide that there are no relegations in the women's football but demand it in men's football.

Maybe they will decide that Community Clubs who place as much emphasis on women's football as men's football won't get relegated. 

I am not sure that that will help us though. 

They have consulted the clubs on 3 options, basically PPG with relegation, PPG without relegation and voiding.

ironic that the FA have offered up 2 options they have said are off the table for the men’s prem. 

I suspect they will keep the outcome under wraps until the men’s leagues have decided in order to avoid it being argued as a precedent.

also probably irrelevant as I think our games will play. 

7 hours ago, Jim Smith said:

They have consulted the clubs on 3 options, basically PPG with relegation, PPG without relegation and voiding.

ironic that the FA have offered up 2 options they have said are off the table for the men’s prem. 

I suspect they will keep the outcome under wraps until the men’s leagues have decided in order to avoid it being argued as a precedent.

also probably irrelevant as I think our games will play. 

Did the FA say they were off the table for the Prem, or was it in fact the EPL who said that? It is the EPL that Sky have the broadcast contract with, not the FA.

Edited by TeemuVanBasten

9 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

They're going to look fairly stupid if they decide that there are no relegations in the women's football but demand it in men's football.

Surely it's the EPL who dictate what happens in our league, not the FA? 

5 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Surely it's the EPL who dictate what happens in our league, not the FA? 

Yes, but the noise is that the FA wants integrity and promotion and relegation etc etc and the PL have been told that.

If they allow no relegation in the WSL then it devalues that integrity argument in the men's game.

I love it how the FA say relegation has to be there in mens football if we finish season or not, Where is the Integrity you clowns?

I suspect the WSL decision is guided by the fact Liverpool are in the relegation place ( we cant have the media darlings go down can we now )

To keep Integrity of the game you cant relegate teams from the EPL if the season isnt finished through a computer model? Just will not happen. 

I believe we will finish the season anyway and Brighton, West Ham, Villa will occupy the relegation places at 38 games.

7 hours ago, TeemuVanBasten said:

Did the FA say they were off the table for the Prem, or was it in fact the EPL who said that? It is the EPL that Sky have the broadcast contract with, not the FA.

The FA supposedly told the EPL Clubs that in their video call. The EPL has not agreed what their position is if the season is curtailed and I find it quite hard to see how they will manage to agree on one so they may perhaps try and swerve it if the season resumption continues to look more likely.