Sign in to follow this  
CANARYKING

Ballot for next season attendance

The Sun( yes I know ) has an article indicating vastly smaller attendance to start with, suggesting a draw for tickets. If you filled every third seat in a row and every other row I estimate a gate of 3 or 4 thousand ?

How do you socially distance when you have to get out your row to go to the toilet.

1 minute ago, KiwiScot said:

How do you socially distance when you have to get out your row to go to the toilet.

You can't.

I do love some of the nonsense that gets put in that paper.

What next, 2 people per row who can only get in and out of their own ends 🤷‍♂️

Yesterday I was informed by a Leeds supporter that they deserved to be promoted as they'll bring a tremendous atmosphere to thier games next season. He seemed genuinely confused when I said it's likely that there wouldn't be any attendances at games next season. He hadn't considered that they could get promoted and not being able to go to the games.

1 hour ago, KiwiScot said:

No need, Nappies will be sold on Carrow bridge by the guy who sells half n half scarves. The real bonus is that if you dont actually use said nappy or if you have a tumble drier then the Nappy will be ok to use for another match....unlike h n h scarves. 🤢

Edited by wcorkcanary
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, TIL 1010 said:

Will there be a membership fee to entitle you to enter the ballot ?

Good idea! The result of the Ballot  will stand , for life. So no probs leaving it to an inheritor.

41 minutes ago, wcorkcanary said:

Good idea! The result of the Ballot  will stand , for life. So no probs leaving it to an inheritor.

In that context they need to decide whether said membership fee is a small revenue contribution or a larger capital contribution or both. When the club is cash starved make reasonable offers to attract as much cash as is needed to survive. 

Bugga the Ballot......Attend the games incognito.....dress as a Seagull or a Pigeon..... They perch on the support structure of the Jarrold/South Stand and are able to see the games for nothing......

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

No need, Nappies will be sold on Carrow bridge by the guy who sells half n half scarves. The real bonus is that if you dont actually use said nappy or if you have a tumble drier then the Nappy will be ok to use for another match....unlike h n h scarves. 🤢

Not if they're half n half nappies.....

And anyway, won't the nappy crappers on here already have them? 🤣

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, essex canary said:

In that context they need to decide whether said membership fee is a small revenue contribution or a larger capital contribution or both. When the club is cash starved make reasonable offers to attract as much cash as is needed to survive. 

The fun never stops in Essex does it? 

1 hour ago, wcorkcanary said:

Selling for a Tenna

• Like 1

I shall be giving my ticket away until this is all over which probably means a vaccine.

• Like 1

Not for me, I’ll wait until normality has returned-I’m not “dying to see the game”. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, ricardo said:

I shall be giving my ticket away until this is all over which probably means a vaccine.

I agree.

I guess there will be a lot of people like us especially anyone over 50, an underlying condition or obese. My best guess is if there is a vaccine fantastic, if there isn’t everything will be fineish until October, then there will be a wave that will make this last few months seem like a minor outbreak. 

8 hours ago, Mello Yello said:

Football, will never be the same again.....

As will society, which some people seem to miss. At the moment football isn't even on some people's radar. 

I have said before if we can show we have been tested when attending a match where is the risk? If fans can't prove they are free of infection they don't get in. 

Plus the fact that here in Norwich we have a low count of cases surely means this is possible at some point in the next 4 months? 

3 hours ago, City fan said:

As will society, which some people seem to miss. At the moment football isn't even on some people's radar. 

Quite. However, looking at scenes from some beaches around the country there is still a desire to do normal things regardless of a reasonable amount of risk. Those that are able will go to a football match as will shoppers go to a shop in about 3 weeks time when Primark re-opens. 

I think if the price is right fans will attend matches in whatever form is available to them.

It is so difficult to say. Spanish flu a century ago came and went within a couple of years, killed a lot of people [ about 250000 here ] then,no real lock downs, vaccines, ventilators etc. My grandparents were the WW1 generation and they never even mentioned it. People are understandably afraid of a second and third wave but no one knows, there are so many experts who are making calculated guesses one way or the other. With restrictions being eased it is logical to think the rate will go up, but the reverse seems to be the case and it is disappearing so quickly the scientists fear that is the biggest threat to a vaccine. We could be in  the new normal now but do not discount that the old normal could return .

15 hours ago, wcorkcanary said:

Interesting to note that the Bonds were not transferable and that 'The interest coupon and redemption of principal are payable to the original Bondholder.' 

Presumably then upon death - of which there would have been some in 17 months - the Club simply kept the money? 

20 minutes ago, essex canary said:

Interesting to note that the Bonds were not transferable and that 'The interest coupon and redemption of principal are payable to the original Bondholder.' 

Presumably then upon death - of which there would have been some in 17 months - the Club simply kept the money? 

Whoosh!!!!