Sign in to follow this  
Alex Moss

New kit 2020/21

I wonder if when the Premier League finally resumes whether we’ll be wearing a fancy new strip? With our kit being made in Italy, it does pose the question - will there even be one?

How things are financially they’ll probably be shopping at Oxfam or The British Heart Foundation 

Edited by daly

Are there rules about changing a kit during the season? Do they have to be registered like players? 

Like players contracts kit contracts may be confused at this time. They might state that a new kit comes out on a certain date or it might just be done by seasons. 

Clubs may even argue that with every game being televised for the forseable future they should get more money from sponsors. 

I expect to see one pretty soon. They club will see it as a source of much needed revenue.

With the massive reductions on the kit recently, and the fact that you can barely swing a cat on twitter without hitting a competition to win one or the club giving shirts away to good causes etc, I'd suggest that they're trying to move on as much of the existing stock as quickly as possible.

I don't however believe that means that we will wear anything different for 'this season'- doesn't really make a sense from a marketing or financial perspective. Within reason I think they'll try to keep as close to the staggered approach in the run up to next season (whenever that might be)

2 hours ago, The Raptor said:

Are there rules about changing a kit during the season? Do they have to be registered like players? 

Like players contracts kit contracts may be confused at this time. They might state that a new kit comes out on a certain date or it might just be done by seasons. 

The messy legal battle between Liverpool Football Club, New Balance and Nike has got even messier for this reason. Nike's contract was due to o start on June 1 if I'm not mistaken, but New Balance have a contract that says they provide the kit for the 2019/20 season. Obviously both companies want the team to be wearing their brand when/if they lift the Premier League trophy.

4 hours ago, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

You do realise that the 'situation' in Italy is far less severe than it is in the UK, and Italy has basically reopened?

Now maybe, Wacky, of course - but I’m just posing the question given that I have no knowledge whether the shirts would usually be going into production in say March or April when there most definitely were problems out there.

On 24/05/2020 at 07:25, The Raptor said:

I expect to see one pretty soon. They club will see it as a source of much needed revenue.

I think a few clubs have played their season ending game with “next seasons” kit. So IMO there is no rule - at least in the EFL. 

New kit could be the  only way for fans to show their solidarity with the club / club with the fans so yes I agree with that - maybe with portion of sales going to local charities? 

8 hours ago, BigManInTheBarclay said:

Hoping Errea go out of business.......they've never attempted to get the sizings right since having the contract to supply shirts.

A bit harsh but agree about sizing.

I'd like us to change though and fit an alternative, although I have no idea how long the contract is for 🤷‍♂️

If the lockdown continues much longer only need to stock 2 sizes XL and XXL

2 hours ago, Budapest Canary said:

Do clubs really need a new kit every season?  

No they don't. Keep this season's main kit and the red. A third kit is totally ridiculous to even consider and no one buys it anyway

16 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

I'd like us to change though and fit an alternative, although I have no idea how long the contract is for 🤷‍♂️

8 years when we signed up.

17 hours ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Having recently taken advantage of the lockdown sale, I can confirm the quality of Errea products is shocking. The material feels cheap, thin, and prime to pulls and nicks. In fact, one of the shirts for my daughter had a large pulled thread in it when it arrived... but given she's two and the shirt cost £8 I'll live with it! 

Would be nice to find another kit supplier. Not mainstream Nike, Adidas or Puma though. Someone like Kappa maybe, I always think the Leeds kits look nice! I suppose something about them has to... Macron another, Lazio's kits are very nice too. 

Just now, Il Pirata said:

Having recently taken advantage of the lockdown sale, I can confirm the quality of Errea products is shocking. The material feels cheap, thin, and prime to pulls and nicks. In fact, one of the shirts for my daughter had a large pulled thread in it when it arrived... but given she's two and the shirt cost £8 I'll live with it! 

Would be nice to find another kit supplier. Not mainstream Nike, Adidas or Puma though. Someone like Kappa maybe, I always think the Leeds kits look nice! I suppose something about them has to... Macron another, Lazio's kits are very nice too. 

I'd like us to go back to Hummel, used to love that kit as a kid

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Il Pirata said:

Macron have started putting out some lovely stuff, I'd be all for that. 

Personally I thought last year was the apex of Errea's time with us. This year felt like it was a lot lower in care.

I don't want a big name manufacturer. I don't mind Errea as I think their designs have largely been very good, but I'm not indelibly hitched to the idea of them being the supplier. I do want a manufacturer that makes bespoke designs for us though.

Hummel have been very creative with their kit for minor US side Forward Madison. I suspect most on here won't be fans of that effort, but I quite like it.

Anyone on here ordered anything from the shop recently, with their '14 day minimum' wait time?

Is that accurate or just something they're saying to temper expectations? I have my eye on a cap for cycling and would much rather give the money to the club than anywhere else, but 14-20 days seems a little extreme.

On 25/05/2020 at 12:09, Wacky Waving Inflatable Arm Flailing Tube Man said:

Judging by your username, have you considered getting your size right? 😉

Sizeist , fat shaming ****.

Edited by Terminally Yellow

1 hour ago, Mason 47 said:

Anyone on here ordered anything from the shop recently, with their '14 day minimum' wait time?

Is that accurate or just something they're saying to temper expectations? I have my eye on a cap for cycling and would much rather give the money to the club than anywhere else, but 14-20 days seems a little extreme.

Hi Mason, no not accurate. more like 28 days!!

2 hours ago, Il Pirata said:

Hi Mason, no not accurate. more like 28 days!!

Guess they must have the coaching staff delivering everything on push bikes. Explains why it's free postage!

On 26/05/2020 at 18:14, Mason 47 said:

Guess they must have the coaching staff delivering everything on push bikes. Explains why it's free postage!

Delivery times like that suggest they have Waveney  doing deliveries on a bike, they got the order of the day wrong though, they should feed him the left over  Scampi after the deliveries , not before.