Sign in to follow this  
Sing up the river end

Ok window closed who is best to play right midfield???

The contenders : Hendo,Jarret,Etuhu,Robinson,Johanson,Hughes,Rehman,Spillane,Cave Brown,Jarvis or McVeigh.

I just cant decide Johanson might be worth a go but then you have to

either play two 5''6 centre forwards or drop either WLY or Earnie.

WLY just never seems to be the same player out wide but is he still the best option.

Jarret,Robinson,Hughes never done much when played there.

Etuhu nuff said.

Is it time to give youth a chance??

I''m not sure whether the youth/reserve team have a right winger apart from Bally Smart. Perhaps Spillane as Rossi Jarvis is now injured.

Jonaton Johanson hopefully: (worthy will play him up front)

NEW JJ INFO

Just to let you know boys and girls I have a client who is a Charlton Season Ticket holder and he said JJ is magic down the right wing and very fast.

He even called me to tell me this when he signed.

I think we may have our right winger?

Thoughts?

Posted By: Spin Spin City on February 1st 2006 at 10:47:07

This probably explains his poor goal tally if they had been playing him on the right wing.

I agree probably Johanson or WLY - both out of position strikers, but expect it to be capn clapper ( who was not capn again last night)

Top chant from Readiung fans - you paid too much for him;  from a crowd that was embarrassingly bad despite being the top of the league; pre-match build up was excrutiating...

Reckon we could really confuse a few teams now! By reverting to a 4-4-2 you could start with Johanssen & Earnie up front, with WLY & Hucks on right & left respectively. I don''t know why Hucks & McVeigh don''t swap sides a few times each game already, but if you did that & occasionally swapped WLY & Johanssen around, the defence would get dragged all over the place trying to keep tabs on them!(I suspect the weak point in this argument is that our own midfield would be equally confused, and fail to get the ball to any of them!)

if we play earnshaw with thorne, mcveigh should be given the chance down the right. if not lets play jarret, robinson, hughes and etuhu altogether down the right. together they might ( i said might ) make a good player.

worthy must go.

[quote user="Fat Barman"]Reckon we could really confuse a few teams now! By reverting to a 4-4-2 you could start with Johanssen & Earnie up front, with WLY & Hucks on right & left respectively. I don''t know why Hucks & McVeigh don''t swap sides a few times each game already, but if you did that & occasionally swapped WLY & Johanssen around, the defence would get dragged all over the place trying to keep tabs on them!

(I suspect the weak point in this argument is that our own midfield would be equally confused, and fail to get the ball to any of them!)
[/quote]

its a good point, worthy seems to have given up on swapping wingers!!  no wait....  we just dont have a right winger to swap with!!

(I suspect the weak point in this argument is that our own midfield would be equally confused, and fail to get the ball to any of them!)  umm are midfield look confused even with all the players stying in there original positions as it is