dylanisabaddog

Solicitor on Radio 5 this morning

1 minute ago, Lowfields1919 said:

Why?

Bielsa teams have always been driven by fitness, itsĀ been well documented many times.

The players have been given a strict fitness regime throughout all this, weighing in each day etc.

Guarantee other teams will of been lax, you just have to see the excuses in the Premiership (by certain clubs) about how they need more time to get fit.

They are paid to be fit, get on with it.

I said it because it didn't do you any good last season. You can crow all you like about the fitness stats.

Totally agree with your last line

43 minutes ago, Lowfields1919 said:

We don't want snivelling tossers like you harping on for years to come.

Ha ha, keyboard tough guy.

Did the truth get under your skin there Lowlife?

6 minutes ago, Rich T The Biscuit said:

Ha ha, keyboard tough guy.

Did the truth get under your skin there Lowlife?

I did have a small giggle at him cracking that morally superior pedestal.

• Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

What a bizarre thing to say in all this.

What you fail to understand crabby is that Leeds are the only club in the country who has had their players on personalized fitness and nutrition programmed... every other club just gave up and started force feeding their multi million pound players donuts and takeaways...

I like Leeds as a place, great city and generally decent people.

this guy however is total tunnel vision delusional. Heā€™s come on another clubs message board on a wind up with an inflated ego that makes him think any of us give a toss, yet isnā€™t very good at being a wind up merchant and ends up giving up on that and spouting unsubstantiated ****e about his club.

weird.

1 minute ago, kick it off said:

What you fail to understand crabby is that Leeds are the only club in the country who has had their players on personalized fitness and nutrition programmed... every other club just gave up and started force feeding their multi million pound players donuts and takeaways...

this guy however is total tunnel vision delusional. Heā€™s come on another clubs message board on a wind up with an inflated ego that makes him think any of us give a toss, yet isnā€™t very good at being a wind up merchant and ends up giving up on that and spouting unsubstantiated ****e about his club.

weird.

Doh! šŸ™‚Ā 

Lowfields. I see that Bournemouth have a player tested positive for Coronavirus. Please, as I am sure you have done on many occasions already, go back on their fans forums and give them a piece of your conspiratorial mind

7 minutes ago, kick it off said:

weird.

Same here Kio. One of my best mates , is a Leeds fan, and a top man. IĀ have had one particularly memorable 'social' weekend there, which has generated more stories over thatĀ 3 day period than most in my life.Ā 

The thing is, Leeds know this is the last chance for them to get to the PL (Promised Land?) because they know their manager and 'star' players won't be in the ChampionshipĀ for next seasonĀ and because it is looking shaky atm, they think the whole World is against them (yawn) and it's everyone else's fault. Tedious .

43 minutes ago, Crabbycanary3 said:

Same here Kio. One of my best mates , is a Leeds fan, and a top man. IĀ have had one particularly memorable 'social' weekend there, which has generated more stories over thatĀ 3 day period than most in my life.Ā 

The thing is, Leeds know this is the last chance for them to get to the PL (Promised Land?) because they know their manager and 'star' players won't be in the ChampionshipĀ for next seasonĀ and because it is looking shaky atm, they think the whole World is against them (yawn) and it's everyone else's fault. Tedious .

Yep agree on the tedium of Leeds the club.

My last night out before lockdown was in Leeds - Embrace gig and then Stone Roses bar afterwards. Was a quality night.

13 hours ago, Capt. Pants said:

Ironic that Leeds have waited all these years to get back in the Premier League and most of their one and only season will be BCD!

AĀ  couple of weeks back we had 'Cyan' spouting crap about how he wanted PPG, but as soon as Webber went on Sky saying there should be no promotion from the lower leagues if the season could not be finished he slunk off with his tail between his legs.

Lowfield now tries a different tack, but you can almost smell the desperation. The desperation being Villa will launch the mother of all legal cases blowing PPG out the water, and he knows it.

Ā Some Norwich lad is interviewed desparately spouting about how they'd be most irked if the Championship didn't finish whilst the Premiership did....and this has me running. Wonderful stuff.Ā 

Actually his comments just reeked of desperation, your get out clause if) when you finish bottom 3.

Ā 

As for wanting PPG well no only if the games can't be played. At the minute it looks like they will go ahead so I'm happy enough with that. PPG would be funny though. So much urine would be boiled. Lovely stuff.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway I'm away off to fret along with Lowfields about the 'mother of all legal cases' that Villa will unleash should it go to PPG. Yikes!

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Cyan said:

Ā Some Norwich lad is interviewed desparately spouting about how they'd be most irked if the Championship didn't finish whilst the Premiership did....and this has me running. Wonderful stuff.Ā 

Actually his comments just reeked of desperation, your get out clause if) when you finish bottom 3.

Ā 

As for wanting PPG well no only if the games can't be played. At the minute it looks like they will go ahead so I'm happy enough with that. PPG would be funny though. So much urine would be boiled. Lovely stuff.Ā 

Ā 

Anyway I'm away off to fret along with Lowfields about the 'mother of all legal cases' that Villa will unleash should it go to PPG. Yikes!

TheseĀ guys šŸ˜‚

2 hours ago, kick it off said:

My last night out before lockdown was in Leeds - Embrace gig and then Stone Roses bar afterwards. Was a quality night.

I find it strange that Leeds and York have a Stone Roses bar but Manchester doesn't!Ā 

Leeds is a great city I enjoy visiting. Except on a match day when it's worse than Ipswich.Ā 

• Haha 1

Leeds fans are generally deluded. This guy is no exception.

Bielsa can make your players as fit as he likes. He claimed he done that last season and we had no problem taking the Championship title whilst your lot bottled it again, alsorans in the second tier of English football forever more.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

One of the differences this season is the overall quality is poorer,Ā Ā Norwich were easily the best side in the division last year and both Sheff Utd and Aston Villa hit form just at the right time with the former now going from strength to strength in the PL. Leeds have brought in some better players in key positions (White, Costa and Meslier) and with the exception of Forshaw have a full squad to chose from which they didn't have twelve months ago. Given the run-in they've got they should get over the line this time but it is **** or bust as they won't get a better chance again.

Ā 

21 hours ago, sgncfc said:

Not sure who you mean by "Premier League". The entity consists of the 20 members and the FA and it is run by a council or a board like any other legal entity company. It is run solely for the benefit of its shareholders, of which we are one. I doubt they'll be doing any praying - they are in a very strong position. If I were advising the board I would encourage them to try to reach a consensus - preferably a unanimous one, but if that proves impossible, then a majority one in accordance with the articles i.e. 14 clubs and the agreement of the FA, and they would be safe as houses. Technically, if they can't get 14 clubs to agree on a course of action they can't do anything anyway.

Anyone can take legal action over pretty much anything, and there will be plenty of solicitors prepared to take your money whatever the circumstances. But the fact remains that under company law a minority shareholder cannot take action successfully in these circumstances unless there is something about the vote in question which was either misleading, unfairly prejudicial or based on fraudulent information or behaviour. That is the only protection minority shareholders have, unless their standard rights are amended by a shareholders agreement. Every shareholder will normally vote in accordance with their interests because that's what shareholders do - that's not illegal. If the vote is in accordance with the articles (namely 14 in favour) it will stand. I don't think any of the information we are seeing in the public domain has anything about it which could be construed as being misleading, unfairly prejudicial or fraudulent.

Whether Norwich or any other club reserve the right to take legal action is of no consequence. The chance of success is miniscule and with that failure would probably come a costs order, or even a counter suit, so the financial risk would be immense.

Put another way, if 14 clubs vote for something and a shareholder refuses to accept the vote that shareholder could then be forced to pass their shareholding back to the entity or may themselves face legal action. i.e. if we don't play ball we would lose all our tv money including parachute payments and may face a damages claim.

Granted, we don't have access to any shareholders agreement but it is likely that any other prejudicial alliance of clubs may also be disallowed so the "four or five other clubs" would probably not be allowed to operate as one and would all have to take action individually. In this case, NCFC's position would probably be the weakest of all and the least likely to succeed. The law doesn't work on what is "fair", it works on what is agreed and lawful.

Except in the case of matters such as unfair prejudice where I would venture to suggest the law/courtĀ does consider what is ā€œfairā€ or equitable. There is a clue in the nameĀ there.

you sound as though you know this area so I will now to your greater knowledge but I still think a vote to ā€œcurtailā€ the season (ie deprive us of the 38 games we had a legitimate expectation would be played and ensure relegation as a consequence) is potentially capable of being considered ā€œunfair.ā€

6 hours ago, kick it off said:

weird.

You mean "he's a typical Leeds fan"

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, hogesar said:

Leeds fans are generally deluded. This guy is no exception.

Bielsa can make your players as fit as he likes. He claimed he done that last season and we had no problem taking the Championship title whilst your lot bottled it again, alsorans in the second tier of English football forever more.

Bielsa's teams are notorious for fading from fitness issues, super intensive and run teams off the park until they physically burn out

https://trainingground.guru/articles/ander-herrera-the-beautiful-brutal-world-of-marcelo-bielsa

Ander Herrera: "It is quite a romantic view about football, but I canā€™t lie to you, in the last months we couldnā€™t even move. We had five games to play in the league and were in two cup finals and I think we lost all of them (they lost three of their last four games in La Liga and both cup finals 3-0).

Our legs said 'stop'. We used to play always with the same players and were not at our best in the finals. We were a completely different team than we had been before because, to be honest, we were physically f**ked.

10 minutes ago, Icecream Snow said:

Bielsa's teams are notorious for fading from fitness issues, super intensive and run teams off the park until they physically burn out

https://trainingground.guru/articles/ander-herrera-the-beautiful-brutal-world-of-marcelo-bielsa

Ander Herrera: "It is quite a romantic view about football, but I canā€™t lie to you, in the last months we couldnā€™t even move. We had five games to play in the league and were in two cup finals and I think we lost all of them (they lost three of their last four games in La Liga and both cup finals 3-0).

Our legs said 'stop'. We used to play always with the same players and were not at our best in the finals. We were a completely different team than we had been before because, to be honest, we were physically f**ked.

Bielsa's teams have developed a reputation for this, and I thought the same thing when I read Hogesar's post.Ā 

This little break will have helped Leeds no end if the Championship restarts.

The way I see it is that for the teams in both the PL and the Championship who need positive resultsĀ this is a fresh start in a mini league, City beginĀ on -6 whereas Leeds are on +7 and with only nine games to play after a three month break there can be no excuse for being tired.

22 minutes ago, DraytonBoy said:

The way I see it is that for the teams in both the PL and the Championship who need positive resultsĀ this is a fresh start in a mini league, City beginĀ on -6 whereas Leeds are on +7 and with only nine games to play after a three month break there can be no excuse for being tired.

Why would Leeds start on +7 and we'd start on -6? We've been playing Man City and Liverpool whilst they've been playing Luton and Hull.

If it's a mini-league then everyone starts on zero, and the best team wins.

This thread is comedy gold, think Iā€™ll go on YouTube and watch the replay of the Leeds/Norwich game from last season, it was pretty fun when I was there for the real thing.

Ā 

my favourite comment is from a Leeds fan saying ā€œ we donā€™t want you harping on about it for yearsā€, I mean which club has a forum named after the fact that they still have a grudge from losing the European Cup final in like 1875? Ā 

• Haha 2

10 minutes ago, It's Character Forming said:

This thread is comedy gold, think Iā€™ll go on YouTube and watch the replay of the Leeds/Norwich game from last season, it was pretty fun when I was there for the real thing.

Ā 

my favourite comment is from a Leeds fan saying ā€œ we donā€™t want you harping on about it for yearsā€, I mean which club has a forum named after the fact that they still have a grudge from losing the European Cup final in like 1875? Ā 

You know very well that they won that game, thatā€™s why theyā€™re championsĀ of Europe.

• Haha 2

Almost as good as the 2 - 1 Leeds win in 2009 with Beckford scoring in the 92nd minute after we wereĀ outplayed for most of the night.Ā 

Seriously though if you don't want to mention Leeds anymore that's fine, I first saw City in 1968 and started going every home gameĀ in 1972 standing in the same place in the River End, probably seen them 500/600 times so have plenty of good memories.

34 minutes ago, Rivvo said:

I mean which club has a forum named after the fact that they still have a grudge from losing the European Cup final in like 1875?

Even we beat Bayern Munich. Its not that hard!Ā 

11 hours ago, Lowfields1919 said:

The overwhelming vast majority want to play on, whichever way you try to paint it.

Ā 

We will be the fittest by far when we come back, make no doubts.

Ā 

Regarding Elland Rd...... personally I think BCD will work to our advantage, the nerves from the crowd won't be there to affect the players.

...this pretty much tells us all we need to know about how vile and rancid Leeds' fanbase is.

Even one if their own fans is admitting that they're more likely to gain promotion behind closed doors rather than have their own fans inside Elland Rd

1 hour ago, It's Character Forming said:

Ā 

You mean

WeĀ AreĀ Chokers,Ā Chokers OfĀ Europe

Ā 

• Haha 1

On 22/05/2020 at 11:01, Lowfields1919 said:

Of course I would be concerned if it looked like we were to be relegated, christ knows as a Leeds fan we have had more than our share of downs.

But........ I wouldn't descend to the desperate attempts of avoiding relegation that these clubs in the premier league currently are, to be honest its quite sickening.

If I was a Notwich fan, and I am being genuine here - I would much rather be relegated fairly, than play another season in the Premier league because the season got "cancelled".

You would be reminded of it at every game, it would be frankly embarrassing.

Far better to go down with your head held high IMHO.

But would you descend to the desperate claims to say you've won a trophy, when you haven't?

On 22/05/2020 at 12:20, Lowfields1919 said:

Awww..... you feeling left out?

Hang on I will have a look.

Obvious from this comment that you're Morty.Ā  Where do I claim my 5 pounds?

18 hours ago, DraytonBoy said:

Almost as good as the 2 - 1 Leeds win in 2009 with Beckford scoring in the 92nd minute after we wereĀ outplayed for most of the night.Ā 

Seriously though if you don't want to mention Leeds anymore that's fine, I first saw City in 1968 and started going every home gameĀ in 1972 standing in the same place in the River End, probably seen them 500/600 times so have plenty of good memories.

Happy to talk about Leeds with reasonable posters such as yourself! I find the anti Leeds stuff some of our fans come up with a bit cringeworthy to be honest. We have no rivalry with Leeds apart from a few promotions tussles of late and weā€™ve come out on top in those so why some of our fans canā€™t be a bit more magnanimous I donā€™t know. That said, there are also some Leeds fans on here acting like t**ts so that tends to stir things up!